Melania Tapes

RunInRed

Melania being an entitled sack of s*** is the least shocking thing I have heard today. 

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Provided to you by the leftist political activist and avowed Trump hater, A. Milano. 

You act like she reenacted it with finger puppets and we have to wonder how much of it is true.  It's Melania's own recorded voice.  WGAF who posted it on Twitter?

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

Melania being an entitled sack of s*** is the least shocking thing I have heard today. 

Yeah, any thoughts that perhaps FLOTUS was a moderating influence on him behind the scenes we can now be disabused of.  She's guzzled the koolaid as much as anyone.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

You act like she reenacted it with finger puppets and we have to wonder how much of it is true.  It's Melania's own recorded voice.  WGAF who posted it on Twitter?

I do.

the first lady is a female grinch?  lol

War on Christmas.  Can you imagine if Michelle "not proud of my country" Obama did this?  Fox News and their friends would be playing them on an endless loop.

22 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

War on Christmas.  Can you imagine if Michelle "not proud of my country" Obama did this?  Fox News and their friends would be playing them on an endless loop.

Didn’t you know??! Black people aren’t allowed to voice their opinions. Come on man! 

On 10/2/2020 at 8:26 AM, TitanTiger said:

Well, normals don't.

Normal people don't care if the source is a radical antagonist of the person they are posting about? Are Mother Jones and that Q-an-whatever site y'all talk about now acceptable sources of information? This would be a good thing to know for future reference.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Normal people don't care if the source is a radical antagonist of the person they are posting about? Are Mother Jones and that Q-an-whatever site y'all talk about now acceptable sources of information? This would be a good thing to know for future reference.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Are Mother Jones and that Q-an-whatever site y'all talk about now acceptable sources of information? This would be a good thing to know for future reference.

I hear Tucker Carlson is awesome.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

No. Because normal people understand that the tapes say what they say. It’s her voice. And notably, no one is denying the authenticity of the recordings. The messenger doesn’t change that. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Indeed he is.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-karen-mcdougal-case-tucker-carlson-2020-9

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/7216968/9-24-20-McDougal-v-Fox-Opinion.pdf

Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously

Sonam Sheth 

Sep 24, 2020, 10:42 PM

• A federal judge on Thursday dismissed a lawsuit against Fox News after lawyers for the network argued that no "reasonable viewer" would take the network's primetime star Tucker Carlson seriously.
  • The former Playboy model Karen McDougal filed a defamation suit against Fox alleging that Carlson slandered her during a December 2018 episode of his show, "Tucker Carlson Tonight."
  • The network asked a judge to dismiss the case, arguing that "Carlson's statements were not statements of fact and that she failed adequately to allege actual malice."
  • The judge agreed with Fox's premise, adding that the network "persuasively argues" that "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements he makes."

20 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

No. Because normal people understand that the tapes say what they say. It’s her voice. And notably, no one is denying the authenticity of the recordings. The messenger doesn’t change that. 

You forgot to add the "Duuuuh".  ;D

12 hours ago, Leftfield said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-karen-mcdougal-case-tucker-carlson-2020-9

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/7216968/9-24-20-McDougal-v-Fox-Opinion.pdf

Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously

Sonam Sheth 

Sep 24, 2020, 10:42 PM

• A federal judge on Thursday dismissed a lawsuit against Fox News after lawyers for the network argued that no "reasonable viewer" would take the network's primetime star Tucker Carlson seriously.
  • The former Playboy model Karen McDougal filed a defamation suit against Fox alleging that Carlson slandered her during a December 2018 episode of his show, "Tucker Carlson Tonight."
  • The network asked a judge to dismiss the case, arguing that "Carlson's statements were not statements of fact and that she failed adequately to allege actual malice."
  • The judge agreed with Fox's premise, adding that the network "persuasively argues" that "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements he makes."

That judge must have been a Democrat. Hopefully, President Trump will replace him in the next year or two.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

That judge must have been a Democrat. Hopefully, President Trump will replace him in the next year or two.

Take a second to think about who made the argument that Tucker isn't to be taken seriously, and what upholding that ruling means in the case. Also maybe use google a little and save yourself the embarassment.

Also:

Mary Kay Vyskocil is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and a former United States Bankruptcy Judge for the same court. President Donald Trump nominated her to the district bench in 2018 and again in 2019, and she was confirmed in 2019.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Reading fail.

8 hours ago, savorytiger said:

Take a second to think about who made the argument that Tucker isn't to be taken seriously, and what upholding that ruling means in the case. Also maybe use google a little and save yourself the embarassment.

President Trump appointed her? That was most likely on the advice of one of those subordinates he has since fired. There were a lot of closet Democ-rats lurking in the swamp when he arrived there.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

President Trump appointed her? That was most likely on the advice of one of those subordinates he has since fired. There were a lot of closet Democ-rats lurking in the swamp when he arrived there.

I guess you don't care to address the fact that it was Fox News that made the argument:

From page 12: Fox persuasively argues, see Def Br. at 13-15, that given Mr. Carlson’s reputation, any reasonable viewer “arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism” about the statements he makes. 600 W. 115th Corp. v. Von Gutfeld, 80 N.Y.2d 130, 141, 603 N.E.2d 930, 936 (1992).

Or perhaps you trust Tucker Carlson more than Fox News itself? Maybe he should start the Carlson News Network?

Also, the judge is a member of the Federalist Society, so I highly doubt she was being hailed by the Democrats.

Like Shooting Fish in a Barrel by Alex Cai (Streak 0) - Streak Club

5 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I guess you don't care to address the fact that it was Fox News that made the argument:

Why would I? That was the entire point of your post. Since redundancies don't normally appeal to me I saw no need to mention the obvious. Lawyers are gonna' lawyer, that's what they get paid to do. If they can win 10 bucks by naming their mom as a mass murderer, that's what they'll do. They saw the best route to a win, so that's the route they took. Anyone surprised that a lawyer took the easiest way to a win? Not me.

Archived