Jump to content

want to have fun watching


GwillMac6

Recommended Posts

Football at the end of the day is another form of entertainment and Auburn has not had a entertaining, fun and exciting product on offense since 2014 sans the second half of the season in 2017. If you are going to be bad/ mediocre in the win- loss column at least make up for it by putting a product on the field that people can get excited about! Yah Ole Miss may of lost tonight but you cannot tell me that their fans were having a absolute ball watching that game!!! I miss waking up on Saturdays and being excited about Auburn football. Feels more like a chore than anything the past several years. IS IT TO MUCH TO ASK for AU to finally have a wide open passing attack that puts pressure on all levels of the defense with it? Why is it so important for the culture of Auburn to always be run run run run? Look at Alabama. They were even more married to running the ball than we were and look at them now! They have thrown the ball all over the field since Kiffin totally transformed their offense when he was their OC and they have not looked back. WE CAN do better. We DESERVE BETTER. And most importantly we should demand better. Not enough killer instinct in the AU fanbase and more importantly administration. Beating Bama is great but hear me out... I WANT TO FREAKING BEAT LSU AND GEORGIA AS WELL FOR f*$#s sake!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites





I dont know, watching a 300 lb TE take a handoff in the backfield and hurdle a tackler after doing a spin move is pretty sharp. Bo Knows Backpass Spikes had me on the edge of my seat. Our D line's ability to sometimes fight through LSU-game-style flagrant holding was pretty exciting!😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes @GwillMac6, it's too much to ask our head tiger to change his stripes at this point. 

In addition we're trapped amongst a ridiculous buyout that boosters aren't willing to cover and Auburn people who actually think it's okay to lose to major rivals 90% of the time. I've quit expecting anything more out of Gus's teams and my gut feeling is the P'sTB at Auburn, even if the money was there, would somehow screw up the next hire too. Alabama, Georgia and LSU are not the problem. Our problem is Auburn. Gus really is out of his league with this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Football at the end of the day is another form of entertainment and Auburn has not had a entertaining, fun and exciting product on offense since 2014 sans the second half of the season in 2017. If you are going to be bad/ mediocre in the win- loss column at least make up for it by putting a product on the field that people can get excited about! Yah Ole Miss may of lost tonight but you cannot tell me that their fans were having a absolute ball watching that game!!! I miss waking up on Saturdays and being excited about Auburn football. Feels more like a chore than anything the past several years. IS IT TO MUCH TO ASK for AU to finally have a wide open passing attack that puts pressure on all levels of the defense with it? Why is it so important for the culture of Auburn to always be run run run run? Look at Alabama. They were even more married to running the ball than we were and look at them now! They have thrown the ball all over the field since Kiffin totally transformed their offense when he was their OC and they have not looked back. WE CAN do better. We DESERVE BETTER. And most importantly we should demand better. Not enough killer instinct in the AU fanbase and more importantly administration. Beating Bama is great but hear me out... I WANT TO FREAKING BEAT LSU AND GEORGIA AS WELL FOR f*$#s sake!!!

Gus is an incredibly boring guy on top of being a guy that worships at the alter of virtue rather than being tough.  His players are bored and don't worry about losing because there is no consequence to them for losing.  They are coddled like babies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not only are we boring, what's maddening is that we are not fundamentally sound anywhere. I used to think that being an Auburn fan that I was just too critical, but no. I turn on the TV every Saturday, and watch games all over, and we are the worst coached team I see. It's not even close. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our entire offensive scheme is wrong. Our QB very seldomly has time to throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield.  Or RBs get hit at or behind the line.  Those issues go back to poorly designed blocking schemes and poorly coached techniques. 

Tell me how this particular play happens.  Five Hogs in the box, we’re five wide, Bo gets flushed but hits the receiver for a first down.  One of our OLinemen is down field about 6-7 yards.  We get penalized. Maybe if he stays at the line and pass blocks Bo doesn’t get flushed and the play that was called actually works. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Not only are we boring, what's maddening is that we are not fundamentally sound anywhere. I used to think that being an Auburn fan that I was just too critical, but no. I turn on the TV every Saturday, and watch games all over, and we are the worst coached team I see. It's not even close. 

This is not even close too true. Is Auburn boring? Yes.   To me it looked like no one cared yesterday.   Going through the motions!!!   I watched OU vs. Texas and the play on defense was horrendous.    

What I see on defense is a unit that is lost of talent.   In my opinion, the starting d-line does not have a true 1st team lineman on the field.    On a typical team, I think they would all be 2nd stringers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pegeus , Schwartz, worm, and tank are about the only thing exciting on the team. I’m just dumbfounded at how inept at times we look. It literally looks like we have about three plays. And a cloud of dust . This year is going to be bad , why can’t we just have fun watching ball again ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

This is not even close too true. Is Auburn boring? Yes.   To me it looked like no one cared yesterday.   Going through the motions!!!   I watched OU vs. Texas and the play on defense was horrendous.    

What I see on defense is a unit that is lost of talent.   In my opinion, the starting d-line does not have a true 1st team lineman on the field.    On a typical team, I think they would all be 2nd stringers

You realize every point you just made reflects coaching right? If we are devoid of talent on defense it's nobody's fault except the man charged with running the program, and obtaining said talent. I will remind you that we had two high round draft picks on that line last year, and still got literally ran over by the likes of Minnesota 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

You realize every point you just made reflects coaching right? If we are devoid of talent on defense it's nobody's fault except the man charged with running the program, and obtaining said talent. I will remind you that we had two high round draft picks on that line last year, and still got literally ran over by the likes of Minnesota 

I was referring to the Worst coached team portion.   As far as the the bowl game, I seem to remember that everyone was claiming what a great coach Steele was during the last years season.   My point is that coaches can only coach so much. You must have players that can play at a high level to win consistently.  

Is it up to the coaches to recruit?  Of course it is!  But you can’t force a guy to sign.  It seems that they recruit the top level guys but can’t close the deal.   Are others cheating? Maybe? Should Auburn cheat?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

This is not even close too true. Is Auburn boring? Yes.   To me it looked like no one cared yesterday.   Going through the motions!!!   

If that doesn't reflect coaching I simply don't know what does. 

Point made 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

If that doesn't reflect coaching I simply don't know what does. 

Point made 

Do you believe that players need to motivate themselves? Or should they have to be motivated by coaches?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Do you believe that players need to motivate themselves? Or should they have to be motivated by coaches?

It's the coaches job. That's what they get paid the big money for. I will never hold 18, 19, 20 year old kids responsible for that.

My point being that coaching is responsible not only for X's, and O's, but for every other aspect pertaining to the product on the field, including motivation, and overall attitude of the program. I read Gus's comments on the game yesterday, and they were very telling on the overall state of why we are where we are. Basically, he lauded us for hanging in there to pull out a victory over a tough SEC opponent, along with backhanded excuses for 2020 being a unique year. Actually no Gus, there is no excuse for having to basically steal a win from a team that has not recruited in your same stratosphere for several years in your own house. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

It's the coaches job. That's what they get paid the big money for. I will never hold 18, 19, 20 year old kids responsible for that.

Interesting!  I believe it’s up to coaches to put the team in the best possible position to win on every play, it’s up the individual to put forth the effort to succeed in making the play.   

A coach can try and motivate all they want to.   If a player decides to go in a particular gap, when he was supposed to go to another gap and gets out on position, it’s the players fault.  

I am not trying to make excuses for Gus.  I do not want him as the coach.  As a matter of fact, I never wanted him.   I truly believe that Auburn needs a complete overhaul.   My concern is that the ones making the choice  can’t do it correctly.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Auburn football feels more like a chore than anything the past several years.

^^This.

So true.  And, it is tiresome at this point. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, aubaseball said:

Interesting!  I believe it’s up to coaches to put the team in the best possible position to win on every play, it’s up the individual to put forth the effort to succeed in making the play.   

A coach can try and motivate all they want to.   If a player decides to go in a particular gap, when he was supposed to go to another gap and gets out on position, it’s the players fault.  

I am not trying to make excuses for Gus.  I do not want him as the coach.  As a matter of fact, I never wanted him.   I truly believe that Auburn needs a complete overhaul.   My concern is that the ones making the choice  can’t do it correctly.   

We certainly agree in that point. I have no confidence that anyone at Auburn will make the right choice when choosing the next coach. We have basically chosen the flavor of the month, or someone who has a connection to Auburn in one form, or another far too often. What I would like to see is unbiased people, with extensive football knowledge pouring over game film, roster management, and ones ability to administrate a program. Terry Bowden was hired because a certain booster wanted him, Chizik was hired because he had coached defense here for a short time, and Gus was hired because he coached offense before. In my opinion none of those are legitimate reasons to hire someone, and pay them millions of dollars to lead your program. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm at a point it wouldn't have to be fun.....I just want to see an attempt at real football.  Tired of gimmicks. At least let the guys athleticism give them a chance. Just give them a chance don't literally hold them back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WarTiger changed the title to want to have fun watching

I agree with a lot of the previous comments for sure. The most glaring aspect of things is that we always seem so "poorly" coached and prepared for the games. Almost ANY team you choose to watch on Saturdays seem to have a plan, can pretty much execute, can pass to running backs, tight ends, short and long pass patterns. We have not done any of those things this year. And that was supposed to be our "new" offensive formula this year. Other coaches with large or small contracts make things happen each week. CGM teams show up on Saturday and seem totally inept and without purpose...almost like it is the first day of practice together. I apologize in advance for my rant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Members Online

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...