60 minutes

creed

I was watching a segment on 60 minutes concerning Covid and the reporter (can't remember his name) stated that he asked the doctors in the segment what would they choose if given a choice between a mask versus a vaccine. He said all the doctors stated they would choose a mask. This was totally 180 from what I thought the doctors would say. Did anyone watch this 60 minutes episode and what was your reaction? The doctors choice made me think why would they choose a mask being in the medical field dealing with Covid everyday. So what would happen if the president has a vaccine to deploy and some or most of the citizens say "no, I'll stick with the mask". If that's the case is that a tougher policy decision for Trump or Biden and what should they do from that standpoint?

1 hour ago, creed said:

I was watching a segment on 60 minutes concerning Covid and the reporter (can't remember his name) stated that he asked the doctors in the segment what would they choose if given a choice between a mask versus a vaccine. He said all the doctors stated they would choose a mask. This was totally 180 from what I thought the doctors would say. Did anyone watch this 60 minutes episode and what was your reaction? The doctors choice made me think why would they choose a mask being in the medical field dealing with Covid everyday. So what would happen if the president has a vaccine to deploy and some or most of the citizens say "no, I'll stick with the mask". If that's the case is that a tougher policy decision for Trump or Biden and what should they do to from that standpoint?

Are you sure you aren't mistaken about the question?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-therapeutic-drugs-treatments-60-minutes-2020-10-11/

"Scott Pelley: As a physician, if you could only have one, would you rather have a vaccine or an effective therapeutic?

Dr. James Pruden: I'd rather have an effective therapeutic."

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Are you sure you aren't mistaken about the question?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-therapeutic-drugs-treatments-60-minutes-2020-10-11/

"Scott Pelley: As a physician, if you could only have one, would you rather have a vaccine or an effective therapeutic?

Dr. James Pruden: I'd rather have an effective therapeutic."

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

I could be mistaken but I thought it was later in the segment when he asked the later question. I believe he was interviewing a female doctor when the statement was made.

i just watched the segment again and the statement was made 10 minutes or so in while interviewing a female doctor.

I guess either no one watched the episode or the response didn't peak anyone's interest.

Archived