Losing at South Carolina

AUght2win

41 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I wonder if Muschamp would like to be an analyst at Auburn for the remainder of the season and maybe one day take over for Steele when he retires?  Pipe dream I know, but one can speculate. 

Wouldn't think Auburn would be keen to resign a guy who we had to pay a year for when he chose to leave.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As said earlier, execution was poor against USCe.  Three interceptions and the defense promptly allowed 3 touchdowns off of those turnovers.  Losses like these make me sick but if players don't execute no coach will be successful.  I don't know who out there gets the most out of their players week after week, season after season.  Well, except Saban and Dabo.  James Franklin?  PJ Fleck?  Gary Patterson?  Scott Frost?  While Freeze is a great coach, what he did at Ole Miss should scare the beejeezies out of any school....and not talking about the burner phones to hookers....

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Wouldn't think Auburn would be keen to resign a guy who we had to pay a year for when he chose to leave.

Loved the toughness that Muschamp instilled into a pillow soft team his last stint at AU. I also hope that we never allow his a** back on our campus after the way he exited

57 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I wonder if Muschamp would like to be an analyst at Auburn for the remainder of the season and maybe one day take over for Steele when he retires?  Pipe dream I know, but one can speculate. 

I honestly do not believe WM or Gus likes each other so definitely can’t see that happening. 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me. Ask for a third burn, shame on......🤷‍♂️

In retrospect, just how horrible was that loss to USCe?  Blown out by everyone else but Auburn loses to them as their coach is booted before the year is out.  Why oh why do Gus coached teams have these games where they just fail to show up?  It’s insane.  

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I bet he’ll be an analyst for bama before the month is over. Their DC will be let go at the end of the season and Muschamp will be promoted to DC/Assistant HC.

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

I think he beat Vanderbilt too. Yup, they just gave him $19m not to work anymore.

I am so got damn jealous brother. I'm just jonesying for a coaching search so bad. There is nothing more fun in sports than the message board speculation and craziness that accompanies a Auburn Football Head Coach search. One of the main reasons I despise Gus is he keeps doing just enough to keep putting this off!!! Lol.

4 hours ago, penguin149 said:

As said earlier, execution was poor against USCe.  Three interceptions and the defense promptly allowed 3 touchdowns off of those turnovers.  Losses like these make me sick but if players don't execute no coach will be successful.  I don't know who out there gets the most out of their players week after week, season after season.  Well, except Saban and Dabo.  James Franklin?  PJ Fleck?  Gary Patterson?  Scott Frost?  While Freeze is a great coach, what he did at Ole Miss should scare the beejeezies out of any school....and not talking about the burner phones to hookers....

There is a clear pattern of what gives AU great success. We take players or coaches who ran in to a little trouble at previous stops and they become legends here. See: Cameron Jerrell Newton, Nick Marshall and THE 🐐 GOAT Bruce Pearl. Hugh Freeze is clearly the right hire and it's so obvious.

10 hours ago, DAG said:

Guarantee they will go the Hugh freeze route..damn 

On the local sports talk radio here in South Carolina, it seems that Billy Napier and Shane Beamer as well as the coach from Coastal Carolina are at the top right now. Would not surprise me if Hugh Freeze is also in the mix although they didn't mention him. 

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am so got damn jealous brother. I'm just jonesying for a coaching search so bad. There is nothing more fun in sports than the message board speculation and craziness that accompanies a Auburn Football Head Coach search. One of the main reasons I despise Gus is he keeps doing just enough to keep putting this off!!! Lol.

So much fun tracking planes. 

I wish Gus would hire some good former head coaches to be Auburn's football analyst. Then if a retires or goes elsewhere, the analyst could move into that coaching spot on our staff.

On 11/15/2020 at 12:46 AM, Sizzle said:

That loss is obviously inexcusable but it seems like it woke them up. Wish it didn’t take an embarrassing loss to wake them up

Two embarrassing losses, I was personally embarrassed to see what UGA did to this team.

On 11/14/2020 at 11:51 PM, AUght2win said:

Let me preface this by saying I still don't believe we are a tier 1 football team this year. UGA beat us too soundly while exposing too many fundamental deficiencies for us to think we are capable of a championship.

That said, and despite all the close calls and officiating miracles needed, we are 4-2. One of those 2 is to a putrid South Carolina. It really stings when you consider that without this inexcusable loss, we would still control our own destiny, and likely be 6-1 going into T-Town.

My question is, though, WOULD we have won our last 2 without the gut check in Columbia? It seemed like after Arkansas our players and coaches were a bit in denial about where we were as a team. USC was an ugly mirror they couldn't turn away from. 

I'm not convinced that we beat Ole Miss, maybe not even LSU, without that season resetting moment. 

In short, should the USC loss be viewed as a necessary evil that this team needed, or simply a season wrecking loss with no upside?

Everything was clicking in that game early. Just fell in love with the early success of the passing game and it ended up backfiring. Without the 3 interceptions Auburn wins. I would say a necessary evil but the loss still stings cause it was one Auburn gave away.

I think it's pretty bad on face value because no one told Chad to tell Gus to stop testing their one pro level defensive player. No one told Chad either that our NFL caliber freshman RB was good for a first down every 2 times he touched the ball. Yeah, they needed a wake up call, but getting a wakeup call where the other team scores 21 of their 30 points on turnovers....I mean cmon now 

Obv when you factor in that we could be probably top 8ish right now and would be only an Iron Bowl and a VERY beatable Florida team away from a CFP. I mean that's just hard to fathom. This USC team is also historically garbage

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think it's pretty bad on face value because no one told Chad to tell Gus to stop testing their one pro level defensive player. No one told Chad either that our NFL caliber freshman RB was good for a first down every 2 times he touched the ball. Yeah, they needed a wake up call, but getting a wakeup call where the other team scores 21 of their 30 points on turnovers....I mean cmon now 

Obv when you factor in that we could be probably top 8ish right now and would be only an Iron Bowl and a VERY beatable Florida team away from a CFP. I mean that's just hard to fathom. This USC team is also historically garbage

As I have said for years, Gus does not take into game plan consideration what the defense does good or bad.  His (and Chad’s) game plan was for Williams and Nix to have a career game.  Unfortunately, Muschamp’s plan was for Horn to stay in Williams’ pocket.  Gus, Chad or Nix didn’t consider picking on the other DBs.  You can blame it on execution or lack of, but game plan, play calling and a few bad decisions by Nix all combined for an embarrassingly terrible loss. 

"In short, should the USC loss be viewed as a necessary evil that this team needed, or simply a season wrecking loss with no upside?"

Top caliber programs or teams don't require a loss to a far inferior opponent to get them to perform.  Top caliber programs crush inferior opponents; absolutely crush them and destroy their will to fight; and use the opportunity to get young talent playing time for down the road when they are needed.   

Losing to Muschamp is just further proof that Gus has the best agent in college football.  

Still sucks losing to USC....and going for 2 after the first TD, put us behind the 8-ball all day.....

On 11/14/2020 at 11:51 PM, AUght2win said:

Let me preface this by saying I still don't believe we are a tier 1 football team this year. UGA beat us too soundly while exposing too many fundamental deficiencies for us to think we are capable of a championship.

That said, and despite all the close calls and officiating miracles needed, we are 4-2. One of those 2 is to a putrid South Carolina. It really stings when you consider that without this inexcusable loss, we would still control our own destiny, and likely be 6-1 going into T-Town.

My question is, though, WOULD we have won our last 2 without the gut check in Columbia? It seemed like after Arkansas our players and coaches were a bit in denial about where we were as a team. USC was an ugly mirror they couldn't turn away from. 

I'm not convinced that we beat Ole Miss, maybe not even LSU, without that season resetting moment. 

In short, should the USC loss be viewed as a necessary evil that this team needed, or simply a season wrecking loss with no upside?

AU is the best of the worst SEC teams. Best way I can put that. bama is going to roll AU this weekend. It's going to be ugly. 

Best Clubber Lang Pain GIFs | Gfycat

Archived