Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

3 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Dude on Rant laid out some cryptic stuff, also. The silence for the talking heads is deafening

by now Jay Jacobs would have given him a vote of confidence if he was in charge. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Ron Sanders on AUC just said it's much more likely than not that Gus is let go. Is it happening?

Do we need more cowbell?

1b39eec3e3e7b6af137bbc2a0d24cb13_w200.gif

11 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Do we need more cowbell?

1b39eec3e3e7b6af137bbc2a0d24cb13_w200.gif

If some insiders on the bunker are to be believed he's out win or lose. Take that with a grain of salt of course.

2 hours ago, chizhead said:

Dude on Rant laid out some cryptic stuff, also. The silence for the talking heads is deafening

can you type some of it on here or send me a pm im not a member on secrant i lurk on there sometimes but never have joined havent visited since iron bowl

4 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

can you type some of it on here or send me a pm im not a member on secrant i lurk on there sometimes but never have joined havent visited since iron bowl

The guy said:

When beef bells toll

The bus will roll

For eight long years

And ten thousand tears

Over a cliff to Buyout Bowl.

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

Hey Kristi you may wanna go pack

I don't expect Gus to be retained and I understand why.  Don't this doesn't mean he is the devil and everything he has ever done is horrible. 

12 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

One poster said:

“I am about 95% sure that the Gus Malzahn experiment ends tomorrow. Apparently, what needed to happen has happened. I just hope they don't get cold feet.”

“Some folks that needed to get on the train just stepped up on the running board.”

12 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

One poster said:

“I am about 95% sure that the Gus Malzahn experiment ends tomorrow. Apparently, what needed to happen has happened. I just hope they don't get cold feet.”

“Some folks that needed to get on the train just stepped up on the running board.”

They’re not gonna do it before the game. It’ll be either Sunday or Monday imo 

11 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

They’re not gonna do it before the game. It’ll be either Sunday or Monday imo 

He’s not saying that it will happen before the game starts. He’s saying that the last game Gus coaches in as Auburn’s coach will be tomorrow.

2 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

He’s not saying that it will happen before the game starts. He’s saying that the last game Gus coaches in as Auburn’s coach will be tomorrow.

i cant remember the last time a coach was fired with games still left in the season Terry Bowden would have to be the most recent however he actually resigned because if i remember correctly  Housel pretty much hinted towards Bowden  he wasnt going to be retained for one more year, as he had pretty much lost control of the program

chizik was fired a day after the iron bowl, tubs  resigning/being fired whichever you believe  came two-three days after the iron bowl

To me, its been awfully quite in Auburn, especially considering the loss of confidence most of the fans have in Gus. I have to believe AD Greene has been bombarded with e-mails and phone messages from alumni, students, and fans to get Gus out. It makes me wonder if he's already been told he's out, or, the PTB are hoping that AU runs Moo St. off their home field and then will declare that the old Gus is back and will be back next year. 

14 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

i cant remember the last time a coach was fired with games still left in the season Terry Bowden would have to be the most recent however he actually resigned because if i remember correctly  Housel pretty much hinted towards Bowden  he wasnt going to be retained for one more year, as he had pretty much lost control of the program

chizik was fired a day after the iron bowl, tubs  resigning/being fired whichever you believe  came two-three days after the iron bowl

Dye announced he was “stepping down” before the 1992 Iron Bowl.

If Jetgate had been successful, Tuberville would have essentially been replaced before the 2003 season was over.

Nothing more amusing than rampant rumors.......

49 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Seeing some Luke Fickell chatter on my Twitter TL. 👀👀

Interesting. I mean I'd say he's somewhere on my top 10 wish list but of the G5 options out there, I think Napier is the best coach for the money. Fickell's currently making $3M at Cincy... But then again we sure do like making boneheaded financial decisions, so who knows...

7 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Nothing more amusing than rampant rumors.......

451877BC-FC06-49F5-AA06-D26099BDAC0E.jpeg

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

The guy said:

When beef bells toll

The bus will roll

For eight long years

And ten thousand tears

Over a cliff to Buyout Bowl.

interesting poem.

Archived