Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

1 minute ago, keesler said:

He's willing to get the hooch we all need during these trying times.  

I had a buddy pick up a case of Blanton's ($70/bottle) in the duty free at Miami airport last week.  I've enjoyed sippin every night. 

A case??? That stuff is hard to get at MSRP in most markets these days. Very nice. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, keesler said:

He could knock it out of the park at a place like VaTech where expectations are lower and the competition is weak.  Their fans want him but don't think their Administration can afford him. 

I think he'd do really well in the big 12, you know, where defense is optional.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

A case??? That stuff is hard to get at MSRP in most markets these days. Very nice. 

My future son-in-law was headed back from Mexico, arrived in the airport around 5 am one Saturday morning a couple of weeks ago and sent me a text and started blowing up mine and the wife's cell phones because he found 6 bottles in the duty free at about $70/bottle.  I had him get 6 bottles coming home and he went through there on another trip last week and picked up another 6 for me - they have it in stock and get weekly deliveries down there.  Blanton's sales at retail around Montgomery/Troy/Bham for +$150 a bottle freaking ridiculous. 

I've got my nephew coming in from Tyler for Christmas and he's brining me a couple of bottles of Wellers and Buffalo Trace which is plentiful in Texas and I can hardly find here.  

40 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

His yards per completion is better along with his completion percentage. As I said he has improved some this year and has really only regressed as it relates to trying to do too much by throwing into more tight windows and by throwing more 50/50 balls (this is likely by design) and he has a ways to go. He has improved marginally in most of the things you list. I still believe in Bo BTW and think he will hold many school records when he leaves AU. 

@ellitor makes The Post Of The Day, and you're still posting about QB's improving under Gus' tutelage.  This is the equivalent of Truman commenting publicly on how bad Bess burned up her cake in the oven right after news of Hiroshima broke. 

14 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Possibly. But it also might be harder with them not having the talent he is used to at Auburn. I’m actually surprised some people think Texas would want him 

He runs a clean program, graduates his players, stays out of the NCAA radar and with less pressure than the SECEast, he could thrive someplace else.  Gus is not a bad coach, he's just been in over his head here. 

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

He runs a clean program, graduates his players, stays out of the NCAA radar and with less pressure than the SECEast, he could thrive someplace else.  Gus is not a bad coach, he's just been in over his head here. 

It'd be like if I was hired to be the DC for the Cowboys. I can coach (cue Golf), but I'd certainly be out of my depth with that job. It's the same with Gus at Auburn.

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

My future son-in-law was headed back from Mexico, arrived in the airport around 5 am one Saturday morning a couple of weeks ago and sent me a text and started blowing up mine and the wife's cell phones because he found 6 bottles in the duty free at about $70/bottle.  I had him get 6 bottles coming home and he went through there on another trip last week and picked up another 6 for me - they have it in stock and get weekly deliveries down there.  Blanton's sales at retail around Montgomery/Troy/Bham for +$150 a bottle freaking ridiculous. 

I've got my nephew coming in from Tyler for Christmas and he's brining me a couple of bottles of Wellers and Buffalo Trace which is plentiful in Texas and I can hardly find here.  

If our head coach was as good at football as your future son-in-law is at trying to impress his fiancee's parents....

9 minutes ago, keesler said:

I will root for Gus wherever he goes and I am sure he will succeed. That wouldn't normally be the case, but after 8 years, I know he can't win titles at a place like Auburn, so I won't have any second thought if he wins 9-10 games a year at VT.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Ok. Now that I've caught up here's why I came to the thread. 2 guys connected to the program autigers07 & mikecb think Gus is out Sunday & 07 in particular thinks we will love his handsome replacement.

Historically 07 is a really good insider but there should be a disclaimer that with coach fires & searches there should be a huge grain of salt with insider intel as these situations are very volitile.

Sweet Lord Jesus let 2020 end on a good note of hope and positivity!!!!

I'll offer to personally drive Malzahn to Blacksburg if they'd offer him within the next week or so.  If they do it before Monday, I'll throw in an extra $50 and a fruit basket.

15 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

@ellitor makes The Post Of The Day, and you're still posting about QB's improving under Gus' tutelage.  This is the equivalent of Truman commenting publicly on how bad Bess burned up her cake in the oven right after news of Hiroshima broke. 

I tend to respond to direct questions with my honest opinion supported by facts. BTW I have never said Gus is a great developer or evaluator of high school QBs. I do think Morris will continue to help Bo develop into an outstanding college QB if Morris is around for the next season or two. The problem is most of you are emotionally driven by your desire to get rid of Gus and I get why. Your emotions sometimes blind you. A perfect example is Nick Marshall. People want to blame Gus because he never became an NFL QB despite the fact that Gus is the only man on earth in the SEC that wanted him at QB and gave him a chance at QB and actually built an offense entirely around his skill set that enabled him to succeed at the SEC level at QB. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Ok. Now that I've caught up here's why I came to the thread. 2 guys connected to the program autigers07 & mikecb think Gus is out Sunday & 07 in particular thinks we will love his handsome replacement.

Historically 07 is a really good insider but there should be a disclaimer that with coach fires & searches there should be a huge grain of salt with insider intel as these situations are very volitile.

Mario or Fickell? Which one is more handsome??

58 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

These Gus rumors are right out of the Sexton playbook 

Not this time. He’s not getting an extension or a raise.

25 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

I tend to respond to direct questions with my honest opinion supported by facts. BTW I have never said Gus is a great developer or evaluator of high school QBs. I do think Morris will continue to help Bo develop into an outstanding college QB if Morris is around for the next season or two. The problem is most of you are emotionally driven by your desire to get rid of Gus and I get why. Your emotions sometimes blind you. A perfect example is Nick Marshall. People want to blame Gus because he never became an NFL QB despite the fact that Gus is the only man on earth in the SEC that wanted him at QB and gave him a chance at QB and actually built an offense entirely around his skill set that enabled him to succeed at the SEC level at QB. 

Just......stop.......

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It'd be like if I was hired to be the DC for the Cowboys. I can coach (cue Golf), but I'd certainly be out of my depth with that job. It's the same with Gus at Auburn.

@bigbird have you seen the cowboys play this year? You may be out of your depth but you surely couldn’t do any worse.

21 minutes ago, woodford said:

Mario or Fickell? Which one is more handsome??

Sadly Fickell would go better with how this administration is run.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Watch him go to Michigan and be breaking offense records in his first year. 

If he beats OSU that first year, he will be a Godsend to them.  

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I think he'd do really well in the big 12, you know, where defense is optional.

So who's going to fix his offense to keep up with them

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

So who's going to fix his offense to keep up with them

Won't have to be fixed. In less talented conferences it's easier to out gimmick teams. Yes Big 12 #ShotsFired.

12 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

If he beats OSU that first year, he will be a Godsend to them.  

Gus beat Ohio State with Michigan's current roster???

Laughing My As Off GIFs | Tenor

Archived