Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Randy4AU said:

To me, its been awfully quite in Auburn, especially considering the loss of confidence most of the fans have in Gus. I have to believe AD Greene has been bombarded with e-mails and phone messages from alumni, students, and fans to get Gus out. It makes me wonder if he's already been told he's out, or, the PTB are hoping that AU runs Moo St. off their home field and then will declare that the old Gus is back and will be back next year. 

Does Purdue ring a bell.. BOOM!

3 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

The guy said:

When beef bells toll

The bus will roll

For eight long years

And ten thousand tears

Over a cliff to Buyout Bowl.

I salute you, sir.

Salutes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

6 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Ron Sanders on AUC just said it's much more likely than not that Gus is let go. Is it happening?

I wouldn’t consider Ron a credible source. He is the king of the rumor mill.

11 hours ago, auskip07 said:

by now Jay Jacobs would have given him a vote of confidence if he was in charge. 

Yep and for all his faults Jar Jar wouldn’t have ever put us in this situation with that obscene contract Gus got 2 years ago.

7 hours ago, chizhead said:

Dude on Rant laid out some cryptic stuff, also. The silence for the talking heads is deafening

6 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

The guy said:

When beef bells toll

The bus will roll

For eight long years

And ten thousand tears

Over a cliff to Buyout Bowl.

That's from Luke & he's not even remotely connected. He's probably just being his silly self.

6 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

One poster said:

“I am about 95% sure that the Gus Malzahn experiment ends tomorrow. Apparently, what needed to happen has happened. I just hope they don't get cold feet.”

“Some folks that needed to get on the train just stepped up on the running board.”

@PigskinPatYou got the link? I couldn't find that post in the threads I looked in on the Rant.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I wouldn’t consider Ron a credible source. He is the king of the rumor mill.

i agree. but atleast hes not as bad as Marcello if Marcello was reporting on this right now who knows what kind of screwy s*** would be coming out now

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@PigskinPatYou got the link? I couldn't find that post in the threads I looked in on the Rant.

i just now found it on there this morning look for a thread titled "Leach will put the final nail in Gus coffin" the poster that posted the info is named burdhead 

14 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

i just now found it on there this morning look for a thread titled "Leach will put the final nail in Gus coffin" the poster that posted the info is named burdhead 

I don’t think he’s a credible source. I’ve never heard of him and he doesn’t post on the Auburn rant boards.

20 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

i agree. but atleast hes not as bad as Marcello if Marcello was reporting on this right now who knows what kind of screwy s*** would be coming out now

It’s more telling to me that now Philip Marshall, who had been a mouthpiece for Gus, is now saying his percentages earlier in the week were pretty much a guess but now they look more concrete and much more likely that Gus will be let go after this game regardless of result.

8 hours ago, jAUSon said:

If I even look across the room at my phone, it jumps to the insider coaching rumor page.

Always has bikini ads at the bottum. 

Dang, my ad was for tuna. Trade phones???

10 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Seeing some Luke Fickell chatter on my Twitter TL. 👀👀

Guys got 6 kids. It’ll be like the Brady Bunch in Auburn. Lol

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Guys got 6 kids. It’ll be like the Brady Bunch in Auburn. Lol

With current QB issues, Marcia has no worries about getting hit in the nose. 

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

With current QB issues, Marcia has no worries about getting hit in the nose. 

Oh for sure. Bo’s for sure overthrowing her while scrambling to his left side.

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It’s more telling to me that now Philip Marshall, who had been a mouthpiece for Gus, is now saying his percentages earlier in the week were pretty much a guess but now they look more concrete and much more likely that Gus will be let go after this game regardless of result.

I’m telling you. He’s out. I’m almost certain. I would even bet the ousting was more mutual than we think. Lowered buyout or some sort of renegotiating. My source works for him and he has already put out feelers about who on his staff would want to join him in Nashville.

Wild rumors are super entertaining. Keep’em coming!!!

14 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I’m telling you. He’s out. I’m almost certain. I would even bet the ousting was more mutual than we think. Lowered buyout or some sort of renegotiating. My source works for him and he has already put out feelers about who on his staff would want to join him in Nashville.

Thanks @Auburn Tiger! I wasn’t trying to discredit you or anything. Just bringing information from what I’ve seen from people who either cover the program or have had a history of having sources. You’re new to me so I didn’t know about you and I honestly hadn’t really read your post until this one. LOL I will be more mindful in the future.

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

Wild rumors are super entertaining. Keep’em coming!!!

@WarTim’s Motto… I refuse to believe he is gone until he’s actually gone and we have a new coach Not named Gus Malzahn.

17 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Dang! We got an insider over here guys! Let’s all bombard him with questions!

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Thanks @Auburn Tiger! I wasn’t trying to discredit you or anything. Just bringing information from what I’ve seen from people who either cover the program or have had a history of having sources. You’re new to me so I didn’t know about you and I honestly hadn’t really read your post until this one. LOL I will be more mindful in the future.

Oh, I didn’t think you were. Sorry if my tone was off. Working and posting at the same time. I was really just trying to reaffirm what you’re saying. That’s all. Haha. 

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@WarTim’s Motto… I refuse to believe he is gone until he’s actually gone and we have a new coach Not named Gus Malzahn.

That’s probably a smart mindset to have. But where the fun in that, right. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dang! We got an insider over here guys! Let’s all bombard him with questions!

Lol. Nah. Just reporting what I’ve heard. Not really an insider at all.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I mean. That’s the best way to approach it. Haha. I won’t even believe what I’ve heard until it is real. 

In a way I am Missouri but at the same time I realize there are some factors in play that weren’t in play the last time we went through this two years ago. Right now Gus has no support whatsoever or anyone going to bat for him like he did with Harbert 2 years ago. Harbert supposedly has no influence left on what may happen. The resistance to the fire Gusers just doesn’t seem to be there this time. I think ultimately what neutrals remain will basically say if you’re OK with putting up the money then make the move.

Archived