Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Lol. I feel like I did something I shouldn’t have. 

We'll know in the next couple days. If he's gone you're good. If he stays this may not be a safe place for you. lol

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

It really shouldn’t take a loss to MSU to fire Gus. 

If not for two blown calls, we’d most likely be sitting 3-5 right now. That is not acceptable.  After watching the last 7 years, It’s  not a Blip... it’s a trend with Gus. Just my opinion.  

5 minutes ago, Bathel said:

If not for two blown calls, we’d most likely be sitting 3-5 right now. That is not acceptable.  After watching the last 7 years, It’s  not a Blip... it’s a trend with Gus. Just my opinion.  

The trending info now is he's out regardless of what happens tonight.

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

In a way I am Missouri but at the same time I realize there are some factors in play that weren’t in play the last time we went through this two years ago. Right now Gus has no support whatsoever or anyone going to bat for him like he did with Harbert 2 years ago. Harbert supposedly has no influence left on what may happen. The resistance to the fire Gusers just doesn’t seem to be there this time. I think ultimately what neutrals remain will basically say if you’re OK with putting up the money then make the move.

@ellitor, do you think it was Gus’ “solid season” remarks that really started the ball rolling down this hill? It seems to me like that’s when the support he did have had a “what the heck?!!” moment and it all started turning against him.

5 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

@ellitor, do you think it was Gus’ “solid season” remarks that really started the ball rolling down this hill?

That's what it's sounding like.

15 minutes ago, Bathel said:

While I agree with you 100%, I believe that he wins tonight he will get another year.  Another off season to make some changes and get the crowd all excited about the upcoming year.

Just now, Carnell said:

While I agree with you 100%, I believe that he wins tonight he will get another year.  Another off season to make some changes and get the crowd all excited about the upcoming year.

It’s going to take some crazy staff changes to make the fans get excited. Like you gotta bring in the OC from the Chiefs and the Saints DC for me to get excited. 

9 minutes ago, Carnell said:

He's burned that bridge for good. 

16 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

@Auburn TigerIf he doesn’t leave and go to Nashville I’m going to hit you with this gif every time you post on this site until the end of time. 

DB96426F-5934-4368-8D1D-AAD334760B72.gif

Fair enough. Haha. I can’t say for sure he will land at Vandy. There are other jobs in the mix. I was told he is considering Vandy.

13 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Another off season to make some changes and get the crowd all excited about the upcoming year.

Do you really see that as a possibility?  What type of staff changes would excite and bring back fans?

Just now, KnightTiger said:

if nothing comes of these latest rumors we may see the biggest letdown since smarty jones lost

And create even more apathy and anger.  

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Do you really see that as a possibility?  What type of staff changes would excite and bring back fans?

Uhhhh Kodi Burns being replaced with Dcraig? Idk 

6 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

if nothing comes of these latest rumors we may see the biggest letdown since smarty jones lost

What’s a smarty Jones?

44 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Lol. I feel like I did something I shouldn’t have. 

You shared some insider truth. If we don’t see this come Monday , prepare thyself 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29tv09mb0x84eakacavc

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Uhhhh Kodi Burns being replaced with Dcraig? Idk 

No way D Craig leaves the number 5 team in the country to come coach for Malzahn again lol

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

No way D Craig leaves the number 5 team in the country to come coach for Malzahn again lol

It was tongue in cheek big guy 

1 hour ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I’m telling you. He’s out. I’m almost certain. I would even bet the ousting was more mutual than we think. Lowered buyout or some sort of renegotiating. My source works for him and he has already put out feelers about who on his staff would want to join him in Nashville.

In no way am I disputing you or trying to disparage you in any way, so please don't think that I am disrespecting you or your info. I just don't believe it, but I damn sure want to. I do think he is fired though but I am guessing that he ends up at VT. I just think he can do better than Vandy. Gus has a problem with arrogance and thats why I just can't believe that there would be a mutual parting of the ways to go to Nashville

Archived