Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Sunbelt conference championship game canceled due to Covid.  This was a big game. They are just declaring them co champions.  Napier is free now. 

Sun Belt Conference Championship game canceled due to COVID-19 - https://www.katc.com/sports/ul-sports/sun-belt-conference-championship-canceled-due-to-covid-19

Sun Belt Conference Championship game canceled due to COVID-19

Louisiana, Coastal Carolina will be honored as 2020 Sun Belt Co-Champions

items.[0].image.alt

Posted at 9:59 PM, Dec 17, 2020

and last updated 6:57 AM, Dec 18, 2020

The Sun Belt Conference Championship Game between Louisiana and Coastal Carolina scheduled for this weekend has been canceled due to a positive COVID-19 test within the Coastal Carolina program.

Because of contact tracing, an entire position group would not be available to play due to possible exposure, and therefore the game cannot be played, officials say.

"We are very disappointed that the championship game cannot be played, but we are so proud of all of the players and staff members and their hard work during this truly challenging season," said Sun Belt Commissioner Keith Gill. "We will honor both teams as 2020 Sun Belt Conference Co-Champions."

Louisiana football released a statement after the news broke, saying the program is "severely disappointed for our student-athletes and staff to not have the opportunity to play in what would have been a truly exciting championship game for the Sun Belt Conference."

Ragin' Cajuns head coach Billy Napier posted a tweet on Thursday asking if the game would be rescheduled.

Director of Athletics Bryan Maggard said the team looks forward to learning of its bowl destination this weekend.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

HAS CRISTOBAL PUT PEN TO PAPER???

I do not believe he has. He has agreed in principal. I am guessing the agent and lawyers will look over it before he signs. I am with @DAG Freeze is the best coach of all the candidates, go up on the mountain in Virginia and bring him home. This situation has gotten screwed up quickly. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Auburn makes this way too hard. Hire Napier or Elliot. Wasted a lot of time chasing after MC. Too worried about the optics of Freeze even though he would’ve been the best fit. It’s ridiculous 

i see freeze very similar to Gus   he is a direct fit for how the program has been recruited.    A good argument can be made for he gets more out of his players.  

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

i see freeze very similar to Gus   he is a direct fit for how the program has been recruited.    A good argument can be made for he gets more out of his players.  

Malik being prime example 

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

I don’t think freeze is anything like Gus.

Just now, DAG said:

I don’t think freeze is anything like Gus.

Not personality wise but as far as plug and play i think he can work with the pieces we have in place and get the most out of them as opposed to a different football philosophy coach who would need "his guys" to run his type of football

Our biggest complaint calls and emails shouldnt be focused on WHO we’re targeting, they should be on how we’re going about it. If this were a company with any sort of leadership and established processes there would have been a meeting to discuss pros and cons of several candidates, elect a top 3, and then begin discussions with those coaches. As great as our alma mater is at preparing US to be leaders, they surely crap the bed when given the opportunity to SHOW leadership

I would like to see Auburn go in a different direction offensively, more Pro Style, I feel players with NFL potential would be more inclined to come if they knew they were learning the same offense... idk that’s just me... I have had my fill of “hurry up offense’s that go three and out”...😖

Auburn should go after Kiffin because there's two positive outcomes 

Either 1) we get him or 2) we make Ole Miss shell out some big $ for a 4-4 coach in his first year 

6 minutes ago, eagletiger said:

I would like to see Auburn go in a different direction offensively, more Pro Style, I feel players with NFL potential would be more inclined to come if they knew they were learning the same offense... idk that’s just me... I have had my fill of “hurry up offense’s that go three and out”...😖

Keep in mind that "hurry up" is a pace and not an offense. You can go fast in any style of offense. 

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Keep in mind that "hurry up" is a pace and not an offense. You can go fast in any style of offense. 

This seems to escape many, including that concept's progenitor. 

16 hours ago, AUGrad16 said:

NJ? Dan Quinn?

IMG_3220.png

This has too mean we are going hard for The NY Football Jets Head Coach. JABA.

25 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

This has too mean we are going hard for The NY Football Jets Head Coach. JABA.

He's been terrible getting guys to play to their talent.  Bell is questionable because he hasn't been good in KC either, but Herndon and Sam Darnold especially come to mind. 

Until we decide what we want as a University, do we want to win or do we want a “great Auburn man”, we will always be in this cycle of hiring mediocre coaches to a Big time program. To me the best way to serve these young me. Is to prepare and get them in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, AUTIGERinSC said:

👁👅👁

I wish we'd get this guy as the first priority now. 

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I wish we'd get this guy as the first priority now. 

Probably not going to happen. We are the joke of college football. Until they prove me wrong, this is now what I think of Auburn University 

Cristobal is a very active person on twitter. I find it strange he hasn't said anything about his extension. But he has been on twitter because he has liked tweets relating to his staff since the extension announcement. Hmm.

45 minutes ago, gr82be said:

And “pro style” is becoming a thing of the past.  Even the NFL is adapting to college style offenses 

plus we just signed the next Nick Marshall to our class 

1 minute ago, aubiebaseball said:

Cristobal is a very active person on twitter. I find it strange he hasn't said anything about his extension. But he has been on twitter because he has liked tweets relating to his staff since the extension announcement. Hmm.

I don’t think their is anything to it. He is just doing the right thing and preparing for a championship game rather than worrying about his contract 

9 hours ago, AUFriction said:

This is the message board subset of the Auburn fan base. I know a lot of people that don’t come on here or any of the forums, and they are let’s just say different from a lot of the folks on here.

Your circle may be that way, but alot of people I know think otherwise. Nobody speaks for everyone. 

#stopsteele #stopthesteele

Archived