Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Just a rumor, but the cult on 24/7 are taking it up. I will believe it when I see it, but I heard it earlier in the week,too

I just can't believe that will happen until I see Kiffin walk into the Athletic Complex. It's a heck of a rumor though. Gotta love a good coaching search

3 minutes ago, bodagetta said:

Well if Napier is our guy, he is preoccupied. We may be waiting him out for awhile if he is really going to push for this game to be re-scheduled.

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.29.29 PM.png

Gotta love Coach Napier’s vibe.  He don’t care when or where, just play the damn game.   Def my kind of guy.  

I know folks on here, Bird and many others, have pushed this guy since before Gus was canned.  They know a good coach when they see one.  He is Top 3 for me now that I have researched him more.  

8 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

So the top guy on our list is a guy who shafted Tennessee after one year, failed at USC, and is now contemplating shafting Ole Miss after one year. But he does hate Saban, so there's that.

Yes! I hope so!!!

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

then it might give steele the shot he needs. and if chad comes out wide open then what?

The bowl means nothing. And Chad and Steele are not even candidates in my mind. But regardless, I'd like to get this back to insider info. 

26 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Did anyone listen to JOX this morning?......I don't believe this, but........Hoddy Toddy?...for real would be okay with me

I cannot suffer through any of their programs anymore.  The love affair with the western foe is unbearable. 

But I'm curious, who said what?

15 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

So the top guy on our list is a guy who shafted Tennessee after one year, failed at USC, and is now contemplating shafting Ole Miss after one year. But he does hate Saban, so there's that.

He knows he could build a dynasty at AU and win championships. He can’t do that at Ole Miss or any of those other schools 

10 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Im an insider. The coaching hire is going to be someone completely unexpected... Rhett Lashlee. We’ve put all these rumors out to distract from. Our real target. Deal is expected to be finalized tomorrow.

So, here’s the thing. I’m not really an insider. That story above is completely made up. Neither is anyone else on the board. If they were an insider, they wouldn’t be on a message board trying to figure out what is happening. The truth is we’re all just trying to put together the scattered pieces of info put out by Auburn reporters who themselves don’t even know everything going on and are largely speculating at this point. 

Put a more direct way, no one knows anything really. Most of what is being reported right now is rumors.

He's actually right.....first time ever but can't argue with it

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I tried to explain this to titan as far as this message board

It took all of this happening for me to accept it. We have to change culturally or we will slowly die.

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

At this point lets go with DrunkAubie off twitter, splash hire

At some point we have to embrace the chaos.

Plus, here's the thing. You know that at a minimum he'd have us in Atlanta no later than 2022. That's just how we do. 

33 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Yep. JMO, but I think he would shaft us too just as soon as something he considered better became available. 

12 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

At this point lets go with DrunkAubie off twitter, splash hire

How amazing would it be if it came to light that DrunkAubie was run by one Mr. Lane Kiffin?

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He's actually right.....first time ever but can't argue with it

We have some guys on the board who are plugged in. Even if they are just hearing rumors, I'd like to hear what THEY'RE hearing.

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Come on man......just say everybody can post....the insider thing is dumb

We have a 210+ thread where everybody is just spouting off everything, mostly just opinions. There's currently no thread devoted to new info. 

Archived