Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

15 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Out of left field. Everyone was convinced it was Bobby P liked him or not. Then we land with 5-19. Which brought us a natty in retrospect

It's always me....

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the coaching search i said this on the rant but ill say it here also

I'm down for Sark, Kiffin, or Freeze... In this order.

Anyone who can look at the absolute garbage program UDub was when Sark took over and think he was "merely ok" has me at a loss for words. 

UDub was atrocious. And he took them to respectability even though he was so drunk he could barely walk straight. 

I just dont see how you can say Sark, who took over a UDub program that had gone 11-37 in the 4 years prior, including 0-12 in the year immediately before he took over and almost had them in a bowl year 1 was just ok.  He went bowling every season after his first season at UW. He was 1 game short of a bowl year 1... After going 0-12 the prior year. 

He did such a meh job USCw came calling for him to be their HC... Where he promptly went 9-4 at his only full season there before his demons got the better of him. 

He has done such a meh job that he has worked under Pete Carroll multiple times. He then worked for Saban MULTIPLE times. 

But sure he is just ok and shouldnt be at the top of anyone's list

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yeah, but the guy who stands up in the sweater is who we're talking about here.  And that ain't Housel.

Yes, I know that was who y’all were referring to, but I thought he was referring to the cutout of Housel’s face on the right side. After a follow up response it appears he wasn’t.

1 hour ago, bootskii said:

I'm going to take a guess and meaning we went for Kiffen? Not sure I would want him after he took off so fast from UT and perhaps Ole Miss. Would like someone long term. Dude has some real beef with Saban for some reason and coming to Auburn would really stick it to his old boss.

Nick Saban was known for leaving programs for greener grass. Maybe Auburn will be the greener grass Lane Kiffen is looking for.#LaneTrain. War Eagle!

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Okay I’m off the Jboy train. Doesn’t Franklin have like a 36 million buyout? Lolol. 

A4EA9490-03E1-4403-AF36-2DDE4FF3157B.jpeg

Ha literally posted as I was thinking about this

3 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

How would y’all feel about James Franklin?

He’s always seemed a bit on the goofy side to me. I haven’t followed PSU football this year, are there major reasons why they got off to their worst start ever in the history of their program?

Also, didn’t he cover up some issues at Vandy, like LSU-level bad issues? If he did, then he’s absolutely a no go for me.

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Reason?

Had momentum at the beginning of his tenure there but has really fizzled out. I know he can turn something around but he looks like he has a long term stability issue. Plus I think the other candidates on the board are better. Kiffin, Fickell, Napier 

24 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

With Kiffin yes. He won’t be pushed around. Similar to pat dye in that regards 

Except for the minor detail that Kiffin isn't a good head coach

58 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Gotta love Coach Napier’s vibe.  He don’t care when or where, just play the damn game.   Def my kind of guy.  

I know folks on here, Bird and many others, have pushed this guy since before Gus was canned.  They know a good coach when they see one.  He is Top 3 for me now that I have researched him more.  

Napier went to school at Furman - just down the road for me.  I like the idea of him or Elliot.

6 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Yes, I know that was who y’all were referring to, but I thought he was referring to the cutout of Housel’s face on the right side. After a follow up response it appears he wasn’t.

I wasnt but bad eyesight mixed with a small phone and it was a bit tough to see. From what I can see on this tiny thing it looks JUST like him. Imma have to get on my PC so I can see it bigger.

@Brad_ATX this is what I was going to PM you but I guess its better to say on here so at least there is an explanation of why I thought it was him. 

Then by all accounts... The old dude 😂

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

I wasnt but bad eyesight mixed with a small phone and it was a bit tough to see. From what I can see on this tiny thing it looks JUST like him. Imma have to get on my PC so I can see it bigger.

@Brad_ATX this is what I was going to PM you but I guess its better to say on here so at least there is an explanation of why I thought it was him. 

Then by all accounts... The old dude 😂

LOL!  No worries my man.  It happens 🙂 

I'm 37 and can't see a damn thing without glasses or contacts.

11 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Okay I’m off the Jboy train. Doesn’t Franklin have like a 36 million buyout? Lolol. 

Agree, Jboy might need to Jstop. 

13 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

This dude is literally just taking shots like Sister Ruby the psychic. Just throw out names and hope it sticks. Here's some info: Don't be shocked to hear Jboy predict Auburn's coaching search results. Lol.

38 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

We have some guys on the board who are plugged in. Even if they are just hearing rumors, I'd like to hear what THEY'RE hearing.

People with info come and go. Relationships evolve so the person who probably knows the most more than likely won't be a long time poster and they damn sure won't name their source. 

Restricting who can post will restrict the info you get. But of course I can't tell you what to do. 

Archived