Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tony4AU said:

Since newbie to Auburn football.  How did Chizik hiring come about? And what is PTB?

Out of left field. Everyone was convinced it was Bobby P liked him or not. Then we land with 5-19. Which brought us a natty in retrospect

PTB is Powers That Be... basically the money men behind the scenes controlling everything. 

They and their power hunger are why we cant have nice things, but they are also the deep pockets we need when we need nice things. 

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Man I never get tired of that one. Henderson's lucky he that none of those students flipping him off and fbombing him was drunk enough to run out and tackle him. If one had rushed him, about 15 would have, too, and he would have been in a world of pain. I also never tire of seeing the old dude in the orange sweater smoothly and valiantly rise to defend his beloved AU haha.

Just now, tigeraddikt said:

Man I never get tired of that one. Henderson's lucky he that none of those students flipping him off and fbombing him was drunk enough to run out and tackle him. If one had rushed him, about 15 would have, too, and he would have been in a world of pain. I also never tire of seeing the old dude in the orange sweater smoothly and valiantly rise to defend his beloved AU haha.

The old dude in the sweater is by far the best part of that gif

1 minute ago, tigeraddikt said:

"The Old Dude"

54 minutes ago, bootskii said:

I'm going to take a guess and meaning we went for Kiffen? Not sure I would want him after he took off so fast from UT and perhaps Ole Miss. Would like someone long term. Dude has some real beef with Saban for some reason and coming to Auburn would really stick it to his old boss.

I think the only place he would be going would be somewhere like a Texas, Ohio State, Michigan... The thing is in a year or 2, two of those might be open.. We would have to make the buyout in year 1 and 2 high enough to keep those people away but I would love to see him here..

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well, he ain't really middle aged

Well... I mean you arent wrong. 

He does have a name though. The half century he has put in at Auburn warrants him at least that...

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

shaq-leaving.gif

See now I feel like E. Not sure if its at me for thinking someone should know who Housel is, or at them for not knowing. 

Getting old sucks lol

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Well... I mean you arent wrong. 

He does have a name though. The half century he has put in at Auburn warrants him at least that...

If I knew it I would call him by name.  Alas, I don't know.  Because that ain't David Housel if that's what you're getting at.

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

See now I feel like E. Not sure if its at me for thinking someone should know who Housel is, or at them for not knowing. 

Getting old sucks lol

I think they were referring to the older gentleman that stands up in the video.

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Getting old sucks lol

My post had nothing to do with that discussion

If we're seriously talking throwing fat cash at Lane "Joey Freshwater" Kiffin and not even making Billy Napier or Luke Fickell have to tell us no, then we truly are in some deep 💩

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

If I knew it I would call him by name.  Alas, I don't know.  Because that ain't David Housel if that's what you're getting at.

There’s a cutout of Housel’s face on the right side.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Is it not? Ive ALWAYS thought that was him. 

Like I said getting old sucks. 

Just now, JBiGGiE said:

If we're seriously talking throwing fat cash at Lane "Joey Freshwater" Kiffin and not even making Billy Napier or Luke Fickell have to tell us no, then we truly are in some deep 💩

I would unironically rather have Jamey Chadwell over Kiffin

Just now, PigskinPat said:

There’s a cutout of Housel’s face on the right side.

Yeah, but the guy who stands up in the sweater is who we're talking about here.  And that ain't Housel.

Archived