Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Anybody want to check over my list of coaches and tell which ones I'm missing from the list.   Trying to make a ranked choice system where we can a good feel of the board.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe27MfaOW1Ubt0hO43yEsp6tr9tQwR76stq1DP1yyr_t1GKng/viewform

And it's corresponding chart that should update.

https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbyfMaHGv5UkYqfR-K_wxm6FYzGc-CU7b73LdtLuKTEX/exec

I'm  still working on it but I should be able to find a way to display number of votes.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

His dad probably knows a lot of connected people, would be my guess.

His father passed away, but you could say he knew a few folks...... His old man is somewhat legendary in Auburn lore.... 

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

If this doesn’t keep KS from being hired then nothing will. 
They really aren’t a smart bunch... 

You'd think the fact that no other program has expressed the slightest interest in CKS would be a good enough indication. But for whatever reason we always try and hire the coaches that no one else wants. Frat boys are less desperate when "last call" is sounded at the Sky Bar.

12 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Agree to disagree then 

I think Kiffin is a good OC but looking at his body of work from the NFL to Tenn to USC - I just can't get excited about putting him in charge of the program. I understand why Ole Miss would take a chance on him but I don't think we are quite that desperate (yet...). 

Hugh Freeze would have us competing for championships on a regular basis. Every other candidate name I see is basically a wild guess. Can we start a #hireFreeze campaign and see if it gets any traction? 

Just now, Sani-Freeze said:

I think Kiffin is a good OC but looking at his body of work from the NFL to Tenn to USC - I just can't get excited about putting him in charge of the program. I understand why Ole Miss would take a chance on him but I don't think we are quite that desperate (yet...). 

Hugh Freeze would have us competing for championships on a regular basis. Every other candidate name I see is basically a wild guess. Can we start a #hireFreeze campaign and see if it gets any traction? 

No

9 minutes ago, shuebru said:

Anybody want to check over my list of coaches and tell which ones I'm missing from the list.   Trying to make a ranked choice system where we can a good feel of the board.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe27MfaOW1Ubt0hO43yEsp6tr9tQwR76stq1DP1yyr_t1GKng/viewform

And it's corresponding chart that should update.

https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbyfMaHGv5UkYqfR-K_wxm6FYzGc-CU7b73LdtLuKTEX/exec

I'm  still working on it but I should be able to find a way to display number of votes.

Second link didn't work

Jonathan writes:

“Why is Auburn’s coaching search making Tennessee’s last coaching search look like it was run by MENSA?”

I love a good coaching search meltdown.

But Auburn’s search, at least right now, is still in its early days. Tennessee went a month from firing Butch Jones to hiring Jeremy Pruitt.

Granted, the decision to fire Butch was far less controversial — and much more expected — than the decision to fire Malzahn, but we need another couple of weeks of craziness before Auburn approaches the Tennessee situation. And we also need Auburn defensive coordinator Kevin Steele, for instance, to basically be leaked as the next coach and then for the revolt to happen before all this is complete.

But what’s the most surprising to me about Auburn’s coaching search so far is this: how do you fire Gus Malzahn three days before Signing Day AND NOT HAVE A DEFINITE PLAN FOR THE NEXT COACH?!

It’s not as if Malzahn was a disaster. He was fine. He probably would have won seven or eight games next season too.

So there wasn’t a desperate need to fire him this offseason.

Which means the only real reason to do it, especially given what you owed him, was if you could have a tremendous replacement lined up and ready to go.

But evidently Auburn didn’t do that.

Remember that Tennessee’s search went off the rails when Florida lost Chip Kelly and had to get a new coach and went after Dan Mullen. Otherwise Mullen was headed to Knoxville to take over at Tennessee. So Florida’s late move to grab Mullen is what created the Tennessee mess with Schiano. If Chip Kelly had just gone to Florida, then Dan Mullen would be at Tennessee right now.

To their credit, Auburn appears to have at least leaked the Kevin Steele hire to the media so the fans can be aware of it before the deal is officially signed. Tennessee fans didn’t know about Schiano. He was barely mentioned at all in the search, after he’d already agreed to terms to be the coach.

3 minutes ago, chizhead said:

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HIRE THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who?

Just now, fishepa said:

Will interview on Sunday?  What the hell am I going to do until then??

Well I'm currently gambling on horses.  It passes the time.

Archived