Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, homersapien said:

You are making my point, which I don't think you got.

I got it.  I was only pointing out that rich don’t care where it goes if they think it somehow might benefit them 

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Your post only further degrades the conversation. May I suggest offering something useful if you'd like to steer the conversation back that way. 

PS...Exhibit A. 

1 minute ago, chizhead said:

Did anyone listen to JOX this morning?......I don't believe this, but........Hoddy Toddy?...for real would be okay with me

I'm going to take a guess and meaning we went for Kiffen? Not sure I would want him after he took off so fast from UT and perhaps Ole Miss. Would like someone long term. Dude has some real beef with Saban for some reason and coming to Auburn would really stick it to his old boss.

27 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Don Fuell Was an Auburn QB Baseball and basketball player in 1957.   

Bama got scared  and went on a witch hunt.  Rumors of cars, boats and cash being illegally given to Fuell by Auburn spread immediately. Fuel lost his Scholly.  Auburn got put on probation for 3 or 4 years.  Turns out Fuell lived in a tiny studio apartment and had NO air conditioning.  we are talking 2-a-days in the heat of Alabama.  Some booster gave fuel an  air conditioner.  (tiny sheep window unit.) The media exaggeration got us years of probation.

That is the gist of it from what I can remember.   I am old and my memory is not what it used to be. There is a lot more to this story.

I'll bet every Dodge Charger is equipped with air conditioning as standard equipment.  ;D

2 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

PS...Exhibit A. 

So I won't get too far into this with you, but you are being wildly hypocritical here. Your only contribution to a thread about a coaching search... was to complain about others posting things unrelated to a coaching search... and insulting them by referring to their exchanges as dick wagging (or measuring, or whatever)... with the implication being that you are somehow above that kind of behavior.

You literally did nothing but complain and insult while adding nothing of your own about candidates or the coaching search at all.

You, sir, really need to check yourself. 

26 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Don Fuell Was an Auburn QB Baseball and basketball player in 1957.   

Bama got scared  and went on a witch hunt.  Rumors of cars, boats and cash being illegally given to Fuell by Auburn spread immediately. Fuel lost his Scholly.  Auburn got put on probation for 3 or 4 years.  Turns out Fuell lived in a tiny studio apartment and had NO air conditioning.  we are talking 2-a-days in the heat of Alabama.  Some booster gave fuel an  air conditioner.  (tiny sheep window unit.) The media exaggeration got us years of probation.

That is the gist of it from what I can remember.   I am old and my memory is not what it used to be. There is a lot more to this story.

What should anger you about that is that everyone, every school was paying kids. It's the UA way of doing things: cheat and try to get others penalized for doing the same. Read the beginning of Junction Boys. According to Stallings, the first thing Bryant did when he got to A&M was to gather the boosters and demand more money explicitly for buying recruits.

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i read on the rant that bill clark was interviewed and yet i am not sure hardly heard that or even if it is true. back in the day we had a list released of folks we planned to talk to and if they did it this time i have yet to see it. also the longer we mess around the less time a new coach would have to start teaching the new schemes if we are fortunate to go to a bowl game and get those valuable extra practices.

so has anyone even seen a list released by auburn and not some guys just guessing?

I don't think it is even remotely possible nor desirable that the next HC coach the bowl. That's less than 2 weeks away.

So the top guy on our list is a guy who shafted Tennessee after one year, failed at USC, and is now contemplating shafting Ole Miss after one year. But he does hate Saban, so there's that.

2 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

So the top guy on our list is a guy who shafted Tennessee after one year, failed at USC, and is now contemplating shafting Ole Miss after one year. But he does hate Saban, so there's that.

Only if we hire an out of work coach will there be no shafting.

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I don't think it is even remotely possible nor desirable that the next HC coach the bowl. That's less than 2 weeks away.

then it might give steele the shot he needs. and if chad comes out wide open then what?

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

I’d take Napier and Elliot over LK but I would be happy if he were our coach.

I think the board is trying to have some fun with the rumors, because it would wind up every other SEC fan base if he came to AU. 

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

"Our list" is pretty relative. I just find it funny that the same logic used to justify hiring Gus is the same logic justifying Lane Kiffin. But this time it'll totally be different...

Archived