Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This article outlines what kind of program we can expect if he is indeed our next coach with his culture. Aka the process. 

https://www.si.com/college/2018/07/18/billy-napier-louisiana-lafayette-nick-saban

I really like this! He's more than just a football coach. He's a program builder and CEO. He knows how to put the right people in the right place to maximize recruiting and development. That's exactly what we need.

51 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

247 is saying Napier is going to be offered the job. Says steele and sark have not even interviewed.

uh.gif

3 minutes ago, Butthead said:

why not go get 'champ for DC?

Burnt bridges I imagine 

17 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

@GwillMac6 seeing some tweets that Steele is no longer a candidate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

If we get Napier I will be stoked. He was my number 2A or 2B behind MC and Hughe Freeze. I think this would be by far the best hire AU has made since probably Dye.

I love it! If we hire him, this is culture change. We will be relevant again

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Burnt bridges I imagine 

I think Muschamp thought Gus was a dummy and stole half his defensive staff.  He’s probably fine with everyone else.

3 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Only thing that scares me about him. 

Looking at the SI article @GwillMac6 posted, he does like calling plays, but it seems he's more intent on installing people who are competent at what they do and giving them the tools to be successful. I don't see it being any different when it comes to hiring an OC.

3 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I really like this! He's more than just a football coach. He's a program builder and CEO. He knows how to put the right people in the right place to maximize recruiting and development. That's exactly what we need.

The next step is giving up play calling and going full CEO program builder head coach. He is really really damn good at that. He is a actual good head coach and not one of these glorified OC's.

Just now, caleb1633 said:

Looking at the SI article @GwillMac6 posted, he does like calling plays, but it seems he's more intent on installing people who are competent at what they do and giving them the tools to be successful. I don't see it being any different when it comes to hiring an OC.

Well hopefully that is the case. This is big boy football now. Very rarely can someone be the HC and the coordinator AND be successful at it.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

The next step is giving up play calling and going full CEO program builder head coach. He is really really damn good at that. He is a actual good head coach and not one of these glorified OC's.

I wish people would follow NS steps in that. He is not trying to be HC and DC

Just now, drewzums343 said:

Not gonna lie, it would be nice if we didn't hire yet another so called "offensive genius" as hc 

😂 You will be happy then 

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

If we get Napier I will be stoked. He was my number 2A or 2B behind MC and Hughe Freeze. I think this would be by far the best hire AU has made since probably Dye.

The only competition would be Tubs, but this guy is a little younger and hungrier, and he will be more energetic in recruiting. Which is of course Job #1. 

If we end up getting Napier his OC and DC hires are critical. No offense to his staff at UL but they didn’t wow me very much and I also don’t wanna keep much on our staff other than Caddy and T-Will. 

1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

If we end up getting Napier his OC and DC hires are critical. No offense to his staff at UL but they didn’t wow me very much and I also don’t wanna keep much on our staff other than Caddy and T-Will. 

Yup. Can't be like when Gus came from Arkansas State and brought 90% of the staff with him.

For the love of God use some big bucks and steal Alabama or Georgia's strength and conditioning coach lol 

Archived