2021 3* DT Ian Matthews Commits To AU!

ellitor

image.png

AU likes him as an OT but could play DE or DT FWIW
247 has him at 290 lbs
Plays basketball & moves well so has the athleticism you want in an OL/DL
AU/GT battle
Not related to Lee Hunter recruitment

I like this kid. Has size to be DL or OL moves really well when playing WR.  This kid would be a very good pickup and could develop to be a very good player on either side of the line.

• 1 month later...

He has a second gear when he got even with the defender to get by defender to put him in a position to make the pass. He moves well for a big man I could see him playing DE or O-Line.  He has played some WR so he has foot speed an O-Lineman needs and that a DE needs. He might turn out to be the Diamond in the rough type that we used to see under Tuberville.

Man who is that big and can move that well belongs on the DL. Put him at the zero and tell him to see how far back he can push the center on every play.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* DE/OL Ian Matthews Commita To AU!

DeMarco McNeil used to run the point back in the day.  Damnedest thing I've ever seen on a basketball court.  Tubs signed a number of guys after watching them play basketball, Sen'derrick Marks probably doesn't play at Auburn if not for Tubs et al watching him play round ball.  Love seeing this!

25 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I hope this kid stays on D, I could see him being a force in the backfield. Seems like the prototypical "Switch to OT" guy under Gus. Hopefully those days are over.

Recruited as a DT. Title updated.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 3* DT Ian Matthews Commits To AU!
3 hours ago, USATiger said:

Sen'derrick Marks

He came to mind for me as well.  I would love for us to get another one like him!!!

55 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Recruited as a DT. Title updated.

Does this mean the plan is for him to play the 0/DT/NG position in the 3 man front?  He’ll need to add some more good weight if so.  

8 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Does this mean the plan is for him to play the 0/DT/NG position in the 3 man front?  He’ll need to add some more good weight if so.  

@AUpreacherman22 He was signed under the old staff. No clue what the new staff will do with him.

A guy this size running the floor playing b-ball like that is some serious athleticism. As someone mentioned, like Sen’derrick Marks with more height 

I bet he gets moved to OL.

Archived