New coach scratch ? A thread of what team to be a fan of? Scratch I’m good now !

eagle12

• eagle12 changed the title to New coach scratch ? A thread of what team to be a fan of
18 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

It’s so bad is it the time to be thinking about changing to another team ! 

Married to the same wife for 38 years and it never got bad enough to change........sure as hell not abandoning the University I attended and love over a football coach.

25 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Hard to change the name on the degree. Maybe I should look into MBA programs 

My other degree is from GA state.

Dammit Guys GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

4 hours ago, eagle12 said:

It’s so bad is it the time to be thinking about changing to another team ! 

I will pull for MSU and OM since I have two grandsons that split on them and I don't live far from Starkvegas. Still be an AU fan in basketball but I'll just let the PTB have their little serfdom in the fall. I remember my daddy talking about politic at AU when I was a very young boy....I am too old to give a damn now

Well, I have two degrees from Auburn and currently working on the third one at UK.  Considering the state of UK sports atm (and my inability to cheer for schools I didn’t attend), I guess I’ll have to remain an Auburn Fan 😂

Sorry for the novel length.

I had a conversation with my son a few months ago that was vey similar.  He is in aerospace eng at Auburn.   fall semester he got THAT professor.   You know,  we've all had that prof that  make it almost impossible to pass.  After the first exam,  when things went south, 40% of the class dropped the class.   My son  got a 73%.     On the 2nd exam, things went south for my son.  He got a 42%.  more students dropped.   Next test he didn't do much better.  A bunch more students dropped the class.  He called me  very worried an "F" would destroy his GPA and put him on scholly probation.   A "d" in his major means he would have to take the class again. 

This is what I told him:   Stick with it.  work even harder.  Hope for a curve.  You may fail, but you are in Aerospace Eng.  Someday you may be responsible for astronaut's lives as you sit here on earth.  (shout out to Ken Mattingly).  When something goes seriously wrong with a spaceship hundreds of thousands of miles from earth, and more things start going  south,  you don't quit.  you figure out how to fix it.    Even if you fail to help the astronauts, you do not give up.  You fight harder until the very end.   The more it goes south,  the harder you fight.   It is that determination that makes a man.  It is that determination that  gets things done.  In your profession, it is what saves lives. 

Things have gone a bit south on this coach search,  but  auburn will survive.  We will eventually get past all this.

BTW,  my son  passed the class.  Mid "C".  I cheered.     75+ % of the class quit.

Luckily I am a three decade long Dolphins fan, so I am fully prepared to embrace the level of suck that may come Auburn Football’s way. I’ll support them, but I may not watch them if I have something equal or better to do. 

19 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I had a conversation with my son a few months ago that was vey similar.  He is in aerospace eng at Auburn.   fall semester he got THAT professor.   You know,  we've all had that prof that  make it almost impossible to pass.  After the first exam,  when things went south, 40% of the class dropped the class.   My son  got a 73%.     On the 2nd exam, things went south for my son.  He got a 42%.  more students dropped.   Next test he didn't do much better.  A bunch more students dropped the class.  He called me  very worried an "F" would destroy his GPA and put him on scholly probation.   A "d" in his major means he would have to take the class again. 

This is what I told him:   Stick with it.  work even harder.  Hope for a curve.  You may fail, but you are in Aerospace Eng.  Someday you may be responsible for astronaut's lives as you sit here on earth.  (shout out to Bill Mattingly).  When something goes seriously wrong with a spaceship hundreds of thousands of miles from earth, and more things start going  south,  you don't quit.  you figure out how to fix it.    Even if you fail to help the astronauts, you do not give up.  You fight harder until the very end.   The more it goes south,  the harder you fight.   It is that determination that makes a man.  It is that determination that  gets things done.  In your profession, it is what saves lives. 

Things have gone a bit south on this coach search,  but  auburn will survive.  We will eventually get past all this.

BTW,  my son  passed the class.  Mid "C".  I cheered.     75+ % of the class quit.

And you don’t have to pay for the class again!

I've followed Duke basketball since '91 due to Auburn's failures in basketball, but I never quit watching or paying attention to our team during that time. I still like Duke but it's really fun now that Auburn is a force in basketball. Last year was the first time that I have ever pulled against Duke and that was when we played them. It wasn't hard nor did I think it would be. My point is that none of us will ever stop being fans of Auburn. We may look away from time to time but they will always be our team. I watch some Mississippi State football due with my wife. State, to me, is kind of like Cousin Eddie. They can visit for a little while but there is no way they are moving in. They can park in the driveway. 

Call and off Hugh Freeze or Brent Venables. Auburn has become a big fat laughing stock for the way you guys are handling this coaching search. It's down right pitiful.

Born a Tiger (Clemson), molded by a Tiger (Auburn), paid from a Tiger (Auburn), built by a Black Knight (US Army). I'll be here regardless. WDE

21 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Born a Tiger (Clemson), molded by a Tiger (Auburn), paid from a Tiger (Auburn), built by a Black Knight (US Army). I'll be here regardless. WDE

It's okay if you want to take a break and claim Clemson for a bit.  If that was my history, I probably would.

War Eagle!

9 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

This is what I told him:   Stick with it.  work even harder.  Hope for a curve.  You may fail, but you are in Aerospace Eng.  Someday you may be responsible for astronaut's lives as you sit here on earth.  (shout out to Ken Mattingly).  When something goes seriously wrong with a spaceship hundreds of thousands of miles from earth, and more things start going  south,  you don't quit.  you figure out how to fix it.    Even if you fail to help the astronauts, you do not give up.  You fight harder until the very end.   The more it goes south,  the harder you fight.   It is that determination that makes a man.  It is that determination that  gets things done.  In your profession, it is what saves lives. 

Jumping off the Auburn train when times are crappy makes you a Bammer.  

That being said, I don’t ever want to see that damn picture of Aubie with that “if you don’t appreciate me at my worst...” garbage again.  Whoever made that should be tarred, feathered, and forced to live in Athens.  

22 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Great movie.   I need to show my son this scene.  Who are they calling at the end of that clip?   Who has the work ethic and drive to not give up?  Who stuck it out and fought through  "That Professor"?    AN AUBURN MAN!  Ken Mattingly to save the day.

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Great movie.   I need to show my son this scene.  Who are they calling at the end of that clip?   Who has the work ethic and drive to not give up?  Who stuck it out and fought through  "That Professor"?    AN AUBURN MAN!  Ken Mattingly to save the day.

I had some tough professors during my time at AU too.  As much as I didn't enjoy having to buckle down to pass their courses at the time, I realized later on that it helped me tremendously.  Your son is getting a valuable education.  WDE 

Archived