Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I like Cubelic, but why do we consistently put his opinion so high? Is it because he went to AU?

He went to AU.  He is an insider.  And he also happens to be really good at what he does.  

15 hours ago, aubearcat said:

"This has Allen Greene written all over it".  ;)

1 hour ago, meh130 said:

Harsin cannot bring a bunch of Idahoans into the deep south, and expect to be successful in the SEC.

If Harsin wins recruits will come its that simple! You don't have to be "from the SEC" {Saban Wasn't) you just have to win. 

5 minutes ago, AU-Allen said:

If Harsin wins recruits will come its that simple! You don't have to be "from the SEC" {Saban Wasn't) you just have to win. 

The problem is that power five recruiting is a dirty, cut throat game. I don’t actually believe that winning is eanough. We’ve averaged nine wins the past four seasons and we were getting passed in the SEC, regardless. We need someone who knows how to navigate the gutters that are power five recruiting, IMHO. That can be coordinators, but it needs to be someone.

Welcome to AU Coach Harsin! Really excited to have you here at AU. Its great to be excited about Auburn football again. Been too long since we had a coach like that could get you fired up like this guy can. 

War Eagle!!

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I feel like since nobody saw this hire coming, some are being blindsided and when they do some research they are gonna be more willing to agree and possibly be excited about this hire.  As a base will we have patience to have a developer as head coach, because the offensive line will be a work in progress as we still lack true tackles on scholarship.  I do feel like in all other positions we have superior talent and hope to see continued development in the process

This could be the perfect storm to improve quickly. I'd be surprised if we didn't get a few OL from the portal this season with all the craziness, which would give us a season or two buffer to develop younger talent. 

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

This could be the perfect storm to improve quickly. I'd be surprised if we didn't get a few OL from the portal this season with all the craziness, which would give us a season or two buffer to develop younger talent. 

I also think some of these o-lineman are gonna be better fits in his offense. 

46 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"This has Allen Greene written all over it".  ;)

Indeed, I love it. 

12 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

True. This new offensive philosophy could work wonders. Now if we can just stop the run...

I still dont like the hire. Living in Hawaii I have seen Boise State play alot. Harsin was not left with a depleted team when Peterson left. Boise State was the cream of the Mountain West Conference. Actually, Boise State has regressed. This year for example losing to BYU and San Jose State. I cant remember the last time San Jose State beat Boise.

The keyword here is patience. Do we have that. When Gus took the job he was familiar with the personnel and there were immediate results. 

The staff he hires will be very critical. Most of the kids being recruited probably never heard of the new coach.

26 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

The offense Gus ran is unlike what most o-lineman are taught for their entire football life.  Having to be on your heels and going back vs attacking is fundamentally different that what just about every oline coach teaches.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I know you do. You have said this the last few times since this hire.

Maybe, I am missing the point of the open mindness. I will sit back and watch. With Peterson and without Peterson Boise State was way different. I know he has a winning record, but the MWC is behind both the AAC and CUSA. Thus he wanted Boise out of that conference. 

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Maybe, I am missing the point of the open mindness. I will sit back and watch. With Peterson and without Peterson Boise State was way different. I know he has a winning record, but the MWC is behind both the AAC and CUSA. Thus he wanted Boise out of that conference. 

Yeah you should do that 

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

Guess you missed where he beat Florida State last year 

1 minute ago, e808 said:

I will make sure that I am here 3 years from now. So we can revisit this conversation. 

Cool. You can go back to watching Boise from Hawaii now. Thanks for creating a profile just to tell us that.

Archived