Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

18 hours ago, Tony4AU said:

Per Pete Thamel 

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

But do you live in Hawaii? 

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

I know you do. You have said this the last few times since this hire.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Guess you missed where he beat Florida State last year 

Florida State

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Guess you missed where he beat Florida State last year 

You really gonna bring up Florida State. Florida State has been bad Since Jimbo left.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

I like Cubelic, but why do we consistently put his opinion so high? Is it because he went to AU?

Basically what everyone has said.  I will add that I prefer his breakdowns when he is in the studio.  When he is on the field commentating I get the impression he tries too hard and it can be wired at times.  

Just now, e808 said:

Florida State

You really gonna bring up Florida State. Florida State has been bad Since Jimbo left.

I thought you said the MWC was far behind other conferences so his record wasn’t that impressive? FSU is bad but it’s still a game they should’ve won with the talent difference between the two squads. Nice try though, bammer. Go check on Nate Oats 

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

Cool. You can go back to watching Boise from Hawaii now. Thanks for creating a profile just to tell us that.

Nope, I have been a Auburn fan probably longer than you have.  Since the days of Legion Field and parking on the gravel lots to watch the Iron Bowl. I want the team to excel like the Basketball team. Whats wrong with people having a difference of opinion.

Just now, e808 said:

Nope, I have been a Auburn fan probably longer than you have.  Since the days of Legion Field and parking on the gravel lots to watch the Iron Bowl. I want the team to excel like the Basketball team. Whats wrong with people having a difference of opinion.

I thought you were going to check out into another three years? 

12 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

"......Those Boise State teams under Harsin were known for owning the line of scrimmage on both sides and running a balanced offense out of the spread. That offense produced four, 3,000-yard passers during Harsin's first six years. It probably would have produced a fifth had then-freshman Hank Bachmeier not gotten banged up during the 2019 season. What's more, Harsin is known for his no-nonsense approach and attention to detail in all aspects of the program.

Isn't that what Auburn needs? A coach who can get the most out of the big uglies in the trenches, develop quarterbacks and instill discipline? The answer is "yes."

Sure, Harsin has limited knowledge of the SEC recruiting landscape. There's no denyingthat. That's why hiring a staff with deep recruiting ties is imperative for him to break through that glass ceiling that Malzahn couldn't crack. That will come later. 

What Auburn did on Tuesday was hire a very good, established and highly-regarded coach. It didn't do what the rest of college football world expected. It stepped out of its comfort zone. This wasn't "Auburn being Auburn." The path to get here might have looked like it at times, but this turned out to be a different trail altogether. This is Auburn being bold. This is Auburn starting fresh. This is the a new Auburn that nobody expected to see when Malzahn was fired on Dec. 13. 

That's a good thing."

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I thought you were going to check out into another three years? 

Thats regarding our difference of opinion on the hire. I will always support the Orange and Blue. IMO there were better options.

32 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I thought you said the MWC was far behind other conferences so his record wasn’t that impressive? FSU is bad but it’s still a game they should’ve won with the talent difference between the two squads. Nice try though, bammer. Go check on Nate Oats 

Meaning the MWC as a whole is behind the AAC and CUSA. In this case you have the best in the MWC against a bottom feeder of a Power 5 conference. North Dakota State could have beat Florida State last year. 

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

Meaning the MWC as a whole is behind the AAC and CUSA. In this case you have the best in the MWC against a bottom feeder of a Power 5 conference. North Dakota State could have beat Florida State last year. 

Since when is the MWC behind C-USA? I have never seen anyone say that... The AAC sure as a whole and based on results.

1 hour ago, AuburnMike86 said:

Since when is the MWC behind C-USA? I have never seen anyone say that... The AAC sure as a whole and based on results.

I stand corrected. A fact check states MWC is ahead of the C-USA. Another fact check says that Boise State never lost to San Jose until this year as they blew Boise out.

33 minutes ago, e808 said:

I stand corrected. A fact check states MWC is ahead of the C-USA. Another fact check says that Boise State never lost to San Jose until this year as they blew Boise out.

Everyone has their season. San Jose State was undefeated. They beat everyone and it wasn't a blow out... You clearly didn't watch the game or have the decency to even look at the play-by-play. It was 27-20 until San Jose State scored with 3:48 remaining in the game.

He won 3 MWC titles. He had the #1 recruiting class in the MWC every season. He beat several Power 5 programs. He won the Fiesta Bowl. He was 69-19 at Boise State which is more than 10 wins a season avg (Except for this one obviously because they only played 7 games). He's 76-24 overall as a head coach.

His seasons at Boise State.

12-2

9-4

10-3

11-3

10-3

12-2

5-2

He's 4-2 overall in bowl games.

Boise State has been ranked every single season he has been there. 

So on and so forth. I know you are on this rampage since creating your account but hopefully you can see why the guy deserves a chance. If not, keep on doing you.

14 minutes ago, e808 said:

Dude just say you want to be unhappy and move on 

4 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to 247 Napier was never even offered the job and we had no interest in Bill Clark (although he called AU to try to get an interview). It seems the only guy that actually turned us down was Brent Venables. 

Truth is, according to ADAG, Auburn only made one offer... Coach Harsin.  

9 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Truth is, according to ADAG, Auburn only made one offer... Coach Harsin.  

I’m not siding with the boosters at all but I hope PM and some other insiders have great lawyers if all this proves to be untrue 

So I don't particularly like the edit Auburn had for our announcement and coach's banner but this right here might be the laziest and worst edit I've ever seen.

TEAM WIN PCT.
Alabama .918 (89-8)
Ohio State .910 (81-8)
Clemson .908 (89-9)
Oklahoma .813 (74-17)
Boise State .784 (69-19)
Georgia .780 (71-20)

-- ESPN Stats & Information

This the best winning percentages over the  last 7 seasons 

Archived