Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Coach Harsin! And to all those like NoAl Tiger with your errand boy comments and about trying to gain respect. "Respect is something that's earned,,not bought, transferred or bestowed; Kevin Steele has earned the respect of Auburn faithful based on his results on the field. I'm also glad he did not get the head coaching job but that's where it ends. I think he'd make a great fit with our new coach so i find posts repeatedly calling for Steele to be dismissed over and over to be pathetic (are you being paid by someone to generate rumor?). Seriously give it a rest!

There's no proof the gentleman did anything other than as an Auburn Man try to save our recruiting class which he basically pulled off.  So just what in the hell did you expect someone to do when the lackluster head coach whose job you've just enabled the past 4 years has finally been fired,,,fall on the sword? Yeah,,right! (I've got swampland in Florida you may be interested in). The man deserves a medal and a monument instead of walking papers (yeah,,there's a reason he makes $2 million,,and earns every single penny!)

How quickly you and other trolls forget what Auburn had before Steele's arrival. Nevermind Steele's  defense's were repeatedly thrown back on the field after our "highschool football coaching genius" routinely went "3 and out" on passing plays  leaving zero time for our defense to rest. Thats been "the rule" not the "exception" since "Gustard's" time on the plains. The only reason we've had marginal instead of losing seasons is because of Steele!

"Sidewalk Alumni" may not like this but Steele is an Auburn man with family that lives in and attends Auburn; this is where he'll retire,,he's Auburn through and through. It's classless to see a bunch of "twitter nazi rumor hacks" try to spin the herd into a frenzy and potentially sabotage what could be a perfect fit: "Harsin and his offense along with a Steele rested Auburn defense".  War Damn Eagle and Merry Christmas! (That probably ruffled some feathers too,,,if it did even better!)

18 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Absolutely. If Steele is retained then this guy is just a new and improved errand boy under the control of the ptb. If he blows up the staff and brings his guys in/strategic new hires, then we know he’s running the show and I’ll be both cautiously optimistic and respect him for it.  

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He also said Chiz was a great hire, so was Malzahn, don't really care what he says.

I do believe this is a good hire don't get me wrong just pointing out that he is an idiot.

https://strangeandgreatstateofalabama755539042.wordpress.com/2020/12/23/what-is-the-ceiling-for-harsin-in-first-year-as-tigers-head-coach/

i agree no reason to expect no less than eight/nine wins next season even if it is too early, Harsin  had twelve wins in his first season at Boise 15 and this year are the only two times hes had less than 10 wins

Just from an attitude perspective, I really like what I am hearing so far. We need an intense guy, that wants to be an alpha and is going to demand the same from his players.

If Mason is on Harsin’s short list of DC candidates, and I hope he is, he needs to be one of the first guys he calls when putting together his staff. I would think we would offer way more job security than LSU. Mason would be a huge get and he knows the southeast recruiting grounds well.

Something that stuck in my throat about the Harsin hire and I'm looking for opinions.

I'm old, just retired but almost 10yrs past when I could've hit SS/Medicare, so I'll accept it if I'm just "yelling at clouds" as my least favorite grandkid says.

Harsin's team apparently learned of his decision to come to Auburn from Twitter. Something about that just bothers me. I would hope, even keeping things under wraps, there was someone on staff that he could've trusted..... called after the deal was done.... to call a team meeting or make some calls to team leaders or something.

Again, I'm old. I get that news travels very, very fast. I'd just hate to be those kids seeing the news their coach is gone and not hearing it from coach or, at least, staff.

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

In other news 😂 

Was Saban sleeping with Fang Fang too?

I like that he’s an offensive minded coach with great reputation of evaluating and develping QBs.  I like his swagger and intensity.  I like the way he talks to the media (no more goofy faces and controlled coach speak).  And I like the way he looks and acts (yes he’s very good looking and masculine).  I look forward to see who he hires but very excited to see where he takes the program.

My typical bammer friends after learning about Harsin:“Y’all hired who? Nobody wants to coach y’all!” “roe tide!”

My bammer friends who are knowledgeable about football after hearing about Harsin “Oh crap” 

Hey coach Harsin. The Auburn welcomes you and you're family to Auburn. We look forward to watching you and you're staff put the Tigers back on the winning path. War Eagle, coach Harsin.

16 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:
TEAM WIN PCT.
Alabama .918 (89-8)
Ohio State .910 (81-8)
Clemson .908 (89-9)
Oklahoma .813 (74-17)
Boise State .784 (69-19)
Georgia .780 (71-20)

-- ESPN Stats & Information

This the best winning percentages over the  last 7 seasons 

Now THOSE are solid seasons. 

16 hours ago, AuShucks said:

Something that stuck in my throat about the Harsin hire and I'm looking for opinions.

I'm old, just retired but almost 10yrs past when I could've hit SS/Medicare, so I'll accept it if I'm just "yelling at clouds" as my least favorite grandkid says.

Harsin's team apparently learned of his decision to come to Auburn from Twitter. Something about that just bothers me. I would hope, even keeping things under wraps, there was someone on staff that he could've trusted..... called after the deal was done.... to call a team meeting or make some calls to team leaders or something.

Again, I'm old. I get that news travels very, very fast. I'd just hate to be those kids seeing the news their coach is gone and not hearing it from coach or, at least, staff.

Young folks do most of their communication in texts and social media.   It is where often  they ask each other on dates,  break up with their boy/girlfriend, and find out who is doing what on any given night.  They most likely would not be the least bit offended until and older person pointed out that it wasn't very personable.

17 hours ago, AuShucks said:

I can’t speak to how things went down in Boise, but there is a difference between him telling the team via Twitter and the news leaking and the team finding out via Twitter before he had a chance to talk to them.

In the world of Twitter, the players theses days unfortunately usually find out online because word leaks out while details are being finalized before coaches have a chance to break the news in person. It sucks for the players, but I don’t see this changing.

And 😀 at the “least favorite grandkid” line.

17 hours ago, AuShucks said:

While I agree this should be done in person in a team meeting, in today’s environment that was impossible.  All players have gone home for the Christmas break.  There was no way to pay for them to travel back to Boise for an hour meeting and good byes.  Coach Harsin handled it the best way he could.  I’m sure he will make many phone calls over the holidays to his former players. 

Archived