Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, weagl1 said:

I think he would do well to keep some members of the defensive staff some of those guys are very good coaches.  Lack of leadership at the top, failure to recruit and develop an O line and failure to properly coach a otherwise very talented QB out of a few bad habits are the issues with this team.  It’s not the defense.  

I disagree, clean house, this program need cleansing the culture at Auburn from fans to players need changing ASAP... the whole Auburn family needs to evolve stop worrying about uniform changes stop thinking that everybody is out to get Auburn, we need a lot of positive Information regarding all thing Auburn, the knock on us is that we have to many cooks in the kitchen and it gets in the way of being a well run organization.

9 hours ago, dmoney said:

I like the Cincy DC.. love the blitz packages.. 

Live here in Cincy and the talk here is that freeman is being Groomed for the HC job here.. he is the guy when Fickell leaves which will be probably for UM in a year

Also, I don’t want just the next big name to be the guy(s). The Offense has had 3 different OCs the last 3 years. This OC pick in important. Someone who has potential and needs Harsin to teach just as much. I’d be looking for the 3 year or more guy which probably isn’t the “sexy” hire.

13 hours ago, TheDob06 said:

Hopefully you're not alluding to Adam Gase or Dirk Koetter...

I think he is meaning the DB coach for the Miami Dolphins as our possible DC

41 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Live here in Cincy and the talk here is that freeman is being Groomed for the HC job here.. he is the guy when Fickell leaves which will be probably for UM in a year

Damn...  but good for him... 

8 minutes ago, yeaauburn said:

Andy Avalos current Oregon DC...Boise State guy. A name I'm hearing. 

Avalos would be a good hire, IMO

30 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I Don't see Avalos leaving Oregon for Auburn. He'll either stay or go to Boise...

If I were hiring, I’d think Harsin would be looking for a three year guy and Avalos takes the next PAC 12 job that opens.. don’t see that being the guy. I like the thought of Gerald Alexander but he has no experience. He is an NFL guy but could really learn a lot here but is also probably the biggest risk. Also don’t see McGee coming home. He is the associate head coach at UGA and probably a HC in 2 years. I like the ASU guy but he will have to fill out his staff with some local coaching that is familiar with the SE

It's hard to pick the perfect guys. We supposedly considered Clemson DC Venable for our HC. But his defense got killed last night.

15 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Not a coordinator but good ole herbie hand is going to be available!

the-office-no.gif

46 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Did you see Harsin leaving Boise?

This^
He would be coming to work with Coach Harsin, not to leave Oregon to come to AU!

17 hours ago, auburndkel said:

ut knoxville fans are clamoring for Gus. Primarily as a high-priced OC, which I doubt he would take, but also as their next HC should Pruitt’s team show modest to no improvement...or wins but costs the vols a slew of recruiting infractions (which I’m confident Pruitt’s earned)

I'm amazed to hear this after the obvious incompetence of coaching, development, and recruiting for needs displayed the last 2 years in particular.

50 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

This^
He would be coming to work with Coach Harsin, not to leave Oregon to come to AU!

I just think it's funny...all these posts that say I don't see so and so doing this or that. What any random joe blow "sees" amounts to absolutely nothing because they know absolutely nothing about the process that is going on. They also know nothing about the coaches other than what they read online. Just so stupid to think you can read the tea leaves and know who would or would not come. We will know when the hires are made, like it or not.

• ellitor changed the title to Coordinators (Merged)
20 hours ago, Zeek said:

Coach Harsin should announce a coordinator tonight. Take the nasty taste out of everyone's mouth and get the ball rolling in recruiting.

I don't care whose feelings get hurt or who transfers. Clean house.

@Zeek. Hate to burst your bubble but no hires were expected to come before next week, which is technically less than a day away now. Also as I told you before we are in a dead period in recruiting through April 15 so there is no need to get the ball rolling for that just to be in a rush in naming coordinators.

20 hours ago, Zeek said:

JGT has missed on every single thing I've heard him say lately. 

No he hasn't. He definitely missed on the HC candidates til the end like everyone else but he knew & posted about the stuff CKS was doing behind Gus's back. His HC info was an honest miss not a deliberate propaganda like 247 was & in some ways are still doing.

2 hours ago, yeaauburn said:

Andy Avalos current Oregon DC...Boise State guy. A name I'm hearing. 

No, his defense at Oregon started out hot and I believe finished in the top 10 but finished 94th this year.  I can remember a HC that was called an offensive guru and his offense started as hot as a nuclear explosion and then went over a cliff.  I can remember how that ended.

20 hours ago, Zeek said:

Ew God no please no ew gross stop

We would be lucky to get Kellen Moore but he ain't leaving the Dallas OC to be ours.

20 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I'd rather see coach Harsin take his time and hire the best coaches out there instead of hurry things along and bring in a Malzahn looking staff.

Great post! Can't believe who it came from.

19 hours ago, AUDub said:

e might do well to hang on to Garner.

Nope. Would be a bad move to hang on to any coach that was working to get Steele the HC job behind Gus's back while Gus was here.

Archived