Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He's not leaving.

True. Luckily all the games are almost done.

I'm 100% sure he's had this list in mind for a minute. You don't make that jump unless you do.

But wasn't JGT saying something about it?

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigbird said:

In college...

Are you hinting at a certain former BSU QB?

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

But wasn't JGT saying something about it?

JGT has missed on every single thing I've heard him say lately. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Are you hinting at a certain former BSU QB?

Ew God no please no ew gross stop

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Coach Harsin should announce a coordinator tonight. Take the nasty taste out of everyone's mouth and get the ball rolling in recruiting.

I don't care whose feelings get hurt or who transfers. Clean house.

Wouldn’t you rather he be very deliberate about it? Unless he already knows, there is zero reason to make a hasty hire; especially based on the ‘bad taste in our mouths.’

Just now, bigbird said:

No

Figured. That one is probably going to be a HC here soon. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Figured. That one is probably going to be a HC here soon. 

And probably at Boise St...if he wants it.

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

What’s wrong with Caddy?

If that's what it takes to keep Tank then please keep Caddy, CBH. He's that valuable, as far as I'm concerned.

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Coach Harsin should announce a coordinator tonight. Take the nasty taste out of everyone's mouth and get the ball rolling in recruiting.

I don't care whose feelings get hurt or who transfers. Clean house.

Easier said than done. He can go ahead and state which coaches he plans to replace. But getting new assistants is a negotiation process. He’s got to get approval from the AD and probably some of the key boosters. 

14 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Wouldn’t you rather he be very deliberate about it? Unless he already knows, there is zero reason to make a hasty hire; especially based on the ‘bad taste in our mouths.’

I'm 95% sure it's already all but determined. These things don't actually take that long.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

If that's what it takes to keep Tank then please keep Caddy, CBH.

I don’t think coaching was the problem with our running backs. It was blocking. We haven’t had an SEC caliber OL in like 3 years.

Just now, AUFriction said:

I don’t think coaching was the problem with our running backs. It was blocking. We haven’t had an SEC caliber OL in like 3 years.

Yeah and I'm not about keeping a coach for one player. I love Tank but life will go on if he takes the money and runs.

I'd rather see coach Harsin take his time and hire the best coaches out there instead of hurry things along and bring in a Malzahn looking staff.

Y'all realize we practically have one month to salvage our current roster, get some commits, and make connections with kids in the portal? 

You can make a "quick" hire while doing your due diligence. Harsin doesn't leave Boise without a short list of guys he believes in to help at a bigger job.

These guys know the coaches they want. They're not your every day fan that has to do research.

15 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

The WR coach, OC, DC, OL coach, DL coach should be the first coaches to be fired.

He might do well to hang on to Garner. Recruiting connections will take time to build in unfamiliar territory and Garner could be a good bridge. 

21 minutes ago, AUDub said:

He might do well to hang on to Garner. Recruiting connections will take time to build in unfamiliar territory and Garner could be a good bridge. 

Garner is definitely gone as a part of the coup. His DL looked like garbage too. No pass rush and not great run stopping.

Archived