Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

56 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

What’s wrong with Caddy?

Since September he’s lost Joiner and MAR to the portal, Shivers is saying he’s going there, and he lost Goodwin to LSU after having him committed for 18 months. I like Caddy but he apparently has a lot to work on.  

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Since September he’s lost Joiner and MAR to the portal, Shivers is saying he’s going there, and he lost Goodwin to LSU after having him committed for 18 months. I like Caddy but he apparently has a lot to work on.  

Joiner was working more at H back, and transferred because Pogues moved ahead of him. MAR announced his transfer after Gus was fired, and was buried in the depth chart anyway. The shivers rumors started after the Harsin hire was announced. 

49 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Yeah, something ain't right.  Still think Gus played a factor in that.

40 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Yeah, something ain't right.  Still think Gus played a factor that.

Gus definitely played a role. But for some reason, a lot of our fans are convinced that certain assistants should be on a pedestal and have to stay for us to be successful. Emotionally I love Caddy but objectively I have questions about some things I mentioned in my earlier post. 

On 12/29/2020 at 2:33 PM, AUGoo said:

Why would Gus continue to work?  Has he indicated that he is interested in an OC spot?

I'll be shocked if he is and if someone would want him.

ut knoxville fans are clamoring for Gus. Primarily as a high-priced OC, which I doubt he would take, but also as their next HC should Pruitt’s team show modest to no improvement...or wins but costs the vols a slew of recruiting infractions (which I’m confident Pruitt’s earned)

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Gus definitely played a role. But for some reason, a lot of our fans are convinced that certain assistants should be on a pedestal and have to stay for us to be successful. Emotionally I love Caddy but objectively I have questions about some things I mentioned in my earlier post. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there is not anyone on our staff that we just can't live without.

43 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Joiner was working more at H back, and transferred because Pogues moved ahead of him. MAR announced his transfer after Gus was fired, and was buried in the depth chart anyway. The shivers rumors started after the Harsin hire was announced. 

There are one off reasons for everything you mentioned. But a position coach is supposed to recruit well (and keep guys committed)  put guys in a position to succeed once they’re in campus, and retain them. All I’m saying is his position group cleared out and underperformed minus Tank. 

I think he would do well to keep some members of the defensive staff some of those guys are very good coaches.  Lack of leadership at the top, failure to recruit and develop an O line and failure to properly coach a otherwise very talented QB out of a few bad habits are the issues with this team.  It’s not the defense.  

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Coach Harsin should announce a coordinator tonight. Take the nasty taste out of everyone's mouth and get the ball rolling in recruiting.

I don't care whose feelings get hurt or who transfers. Clean house.

I keep staring at my phone to buzz like I'm waiting for a reply text from a hot chick. And just like the latter, same results. Zilch lol.

Seriously though, I agree. Having Coach Harsin is great news, but that was so last week. We need more good news to start the rebuilding. Especially after that crap show of a bowl game. Which was a fitting end to a weird era in Auburn Football.

36 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there is not anyone on our staff that we just can't live without.

I tend to think we need a clean sweep.

I just want CBH to hire the staff he wants. If it's no one off of the current staff then it may be for the best. I love Caddy and TWill and all but we need to break from the old way of doing things. If it means they are gone then so be it. 

39 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I think he would do well to keep some members of the defensive staff some of those guys are very good coaches.  Lack of leadership at the top, failure to recruit and develop an O line and failure to properly coach a otherwise very talented QB out of a few bad habits are the issues with this team.  It’s not the defense.  

I’ve been generally pleased with our defense. But our  d line has consistently been blown off the ball most of the year, we’ve had no consistent edge pass rush (again), and our safeties often get beat deep playing flat footed. There’s plenty of coaching and developmental deficiencies there too. I hope Harsin cleans house and starts over. 

What about Jeff Grimes who is the BYU OC?  BYU ran up a ton of yardage on a good UCF team.  For DC, what about Andy Avalos from Oregon or Marcus Freeman from Cincy?  Any thoughts on these?

Thanks & WDE!

I wonder how  the recruiting through the portal goes... 

Auburn may catch a break with the one time transfers this year.  Goodness knows we can sell playing time and fresh start at Auburn.  

Overheard walking out the stadium today, "Hey DD, Coach here, keep throwing at those tires son.  You are absolutely playing sooner than you think."

- I may have made that up, but the point is, maybe 5 guys have a position locked down out of 24 (incl kickers). 

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

What about Jeff Grimes who is the BYU OC?  BYU ran up a ton of yardage on a good UCF team.  For DC, what about Andy Avalos from Oregon or Marcus Freeman from Cincy?  Any thoughts on these?

Thanks & WDE!

Doc, glad to see you posting. How are the Corgis? 

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Doc, glad to see you posting. How are the Corgis? 

Corgis are fine as wine!  Max hates feet and will bite you on the foot with a wrong move! Just a loving bite with no blood!!   Glad to be back. I am excited with CBH and think he will do great things at Auburn!

11 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Thanks & WDE!

Grimes is popular among Auburn fans but haven't seen any actual connection yet.

Avalos has been linked and would be a win. He is being interviewed by Boise for HC so he might be more interested in a higher position. 

Freeman would be cool but no chatter

No reason to rush but I figured that is what Harsin was doing at halftime. Hi I’m Coach Harsin and if you are watching our game, you know we need coaches. My email is......

I wonder what Bicknell could do with the right players

I really like Freeman. His defense plays physical and seems in position. 

Archived