Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will mean absolutely nothing but Dell McGee's most recent follows on Twitter:

Marcus Freeman (DC at Cinci)

Auburn Football

Allen Greene

Auburn Tigers (athletics account)

lol

21 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This will mean absolutely nothing but Dell McGee's most recent follows on Twitter:

Marcus Freeman (DC at Cinci)

Auburn Football

Allen Greene

Auburn Tigers (athletics account)

lol

Don’t do this to me @Zeeklol

3 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Oh no! Twitter follows are almost certainly a bad sign based on the Super Mario experience

Lol true

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Don’t do this to me @Zeeklol

Gotta keep the site churning lol

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Twitter gate . Probably the most ridiculous thing that happen during this whole process 

Embrace it DAG lol

With no announcement at all I’m wondering if he wants to get the entire staff in place before any announcements are made. 

Just to put some things into perspective. Prior to Harsin the rumors where EVERYWHERE. Leak after leak after leak that were all untrue. Now that Harsin is here there’s literally nothing. Makes you wonder which coaches were talking to media pundits. 

7 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Just to put some things into perspective. Prior to Harsin the rumors where EVERYWHERE. Leak after leak after leak that were all untrue. Now that Harsin is here there’s literally nothing. Makes you wonder which coaches were talking to media pundits. 

I'd say RG and Steele lol

33 minutes ago, alexava said:

With no announcement at all I’m wondering if he wants to get the entire staff in place before any announcements are made. 

Doubt it. Would be extremely difficult to do.

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Doubt it. Would be extremely difficult to do.

Even if he did to reveal them all at once would be dumb marketing.

If I had them all lined up I'd announce one a day. Keep your name in the news, generate a lot of impressions, and drive engagement/attention on social media.

South Carolina coach just announced either his entire or almost entire staff in one announcement.  Shows continuity, organization and that they are ready to hit the road immediately with a solid coaching staff.   You are not hiring to please the fans but to secure your current players and hit the recruits hard while establishing your philosophy.

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Hopefully not as OC

If Harsin is calling the plays IDGAF lol

22 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

South Carolina coach just announced either his entire or almost entire staff in one announcement.  Shows continuity, organization and that they are ready to hit the road immediately with a solid coaching staff.   You are not hiring to please the fans but to secure your current players and hit the recruits hard while establishing your philosophy.

They also hired a head coach with zero head coaching experience. You can do both and by staggering announcements you're holding the attention of recruits.

News cycle moves quick.

Essentially I'm saying you can do both.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

They also hired a head coach with zero head coaching experience. You can do both and by staggering announcements you're holding the attention of recruits.

News cycle moves quick.

Coaching announcements don’t mean s*** to a recruit, how fast that coach calls them after being hired means a ton.

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

If Harsin is calling the plays IDGAF lol

Harsin hasn't called plays in a long time. If he did it at Boise recently I'd be more open to it, but he's got a lot on his plate 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

News cycle moves quick.

To add to my other point.  Auburn does not have a presser on Christmas Eve for the head coach if it is such a big marketing win.  IMO.  You announce them as you get them and as soon as you can because they need to get to work as soon as you have the right guy.  I can see CBH announcing several tomorrow just do to timing with several coaches finishing their seasons and then having time to talk to who they need to before the announcement.

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Coaching announcements don’t mean s*** to a recruit, how fast that coach calls them after being hired means a ton.

Weird battle we're having lol not that big of a deal. I agree with the second part. Knowing Harsin he'll likely announce them once they're inked.

Don't think he cares about the show of it all.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Weird battle we're having lol not that big of a deal. I agree with the second part. Knowing Harsin he'll likely announce them once they're inked.

Don't think he cares about the show of it all.

Agreed and it is passing a little time, i guess.  Lol

34 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I understand he has a brand but I sure wish he’d keep to himself. Just feels like we’re all gonna get our hopes up.

Archived