Coordinators (Merged)

drewzums343

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope. His next job will be as a NFL HC.

Source?   remember you have 2 say per your previous post.  Especially with such a confident nope

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, this thread cracks me up. We got fans with short memories apparently. Just a week ago all these know it alls totally whiffed on who the AU coach would be, and now people are right back to believing the same "sources" as knowing who the coordinators are. You can't make this stuff up. People are stupid as hell.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Avalos and Muschamp supposedly lead for DC position

Lebby seems to be the favorite at OC

Not really familiar with Avalos body of work.  Are there a few things that make him a desirable candidate?  I simply don't think D when I think of Oregon.  But, my PAC12 stats and general POV on anything other than high level there is pretty limited.  I just don't know.

Muschamp?  No.  He'll just be looking for his next gig from day one.  The guy is a chronic job hopper and serial malcontent.  

Lebby does sound interesting at OC.  Would Alabama be after him now?

53 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Again I don’t think anybody knows anything. Just like the head coaching search. As TOW said, let the coach take his time and get it right.

TOW..Wow.. that name is a blast from the past! 

Marcus Freeman's name seems to be tied to every single DC opening.

1 hour ago, aubie17 said:

Not interested in Avalos based on what I'm seeing from Oregon's defense in the Fiesta Bowl. 

Going into the game their defense was 94th in the country.  I am like you not interested.

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Man, this thread cracks me up. We got fans with short memories apparently. Just a week ago all these know it alls totally whiffed on who the AU coach would be, and now people are right back to believing the same "sources" as knowing who the coordinators are. You can't make this stuff up. People are stupid as hell.

To be fair I nailed it.  Said it would be someone completely off the radar!!!!   But was a much better hire than I was expecting, gladly.

16 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

To be fair I nailed it.  Said it would be someone completely off the radar!!!!   But was a much better hire than I was expecting, gladly.

Darn right it was better. After the AU sh** show that was put through the media for more than a week, the final result was fantastic! 
And I agree that nobody knows anything

4-3 Oregon now says, "Crap. We was played! Didn't need to ink that contract as fast as we did. We coulda kept a MIL in our piggy bank to fight global warming."

Personally, I'm JUST as happy with Harsin now as I would have been Cristobal. Won't second guess his coordinators too much - for a while.

41 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Yes, and you were your own source 😁

25 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Darn right it was better. After the AU sh** show that was put through the media for more than a week, the final result was fantastic! 
And I agree that nobody knows anything

Right. Why would anyone know anything? There is no reason to leak any inside info to anyone. There are too many "media" hacks these days. The only time they will have inside info will be when it serves a purpose to who is leaking it, and even then it may be totally false info that is serving it's purpose. 

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

Going into the game their defense was 94th in the country.  I am like you not interested.

Believe they have a very good defense the year prior 

1 hour ago, Tony4AU said:

Sark will announce staff before Harsin.  Not sure if that is good or bad.  

I mean... does it matter? It’s not like we have a recruiting deadline that we have to meet. Who cares if we hire someone tomorrow or next week? Or two weeks from now? We just need him to get it right.

Again, Texas will be a hard school to compete for coaches with.

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Hope they get him....

Yeah I'm not too high on getting him but Texas is moving quicker than us without their new head coach every wearing their colors yet. 

38 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I mean... does it matter? It’s not like we have a recruiting deadline that we have to meet. Who cares if we hire someone tomorrow or next week? Or two weeks from now? We just need him to get it right.

The portal waits for no one

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yeah I'm not too high on getting him but Texas is moving quicker than us without their new head coach every wearing their colors yet. 

You need to take some benadryl and go to bed.

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

You need to take some benadryl and go to bed.

Boy I could get addicted to that. Those things give me the best sleep lol. 

Bird mentioned we might be waiting on a coach in the NFL. At first I thought he meant Moore now I'm thinking Gerald Alexander might be the guy he meant. 

36 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Again, Texas will be a hard school to compete for coaches with.

Lol don't worry doesn't look like they are aiming high with the Sark hire and the potential hire of Muschamp..

47 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Man, Muschamp just can not stop retreading old ground... Shoot, Florida might even welcome him back after the embarrassment that was the Cotton Bowl

Archived