Powell Injury (Update 3/1)

kwagoner

26 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

did that happen before the concussion or around the same time, not that it matters?

Haven't seen a time frame unfortunately.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW JGT is saying it's more than a concussion. He says JP has/had a skull fracture caused by a friendly fire elbow to the back of his head by Stretch.

Dang.  That's some strong elbows.  I want to see him stop losing the ball on rebounds with those elbows.  Clear the space (just not in the face to avoid the foul) 

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

I can't tell who the other player is but surprised he wasn't hurt too.

Akingbola his teammate 

37 minutes ago, boomstick said:

It is Stretch, but they didn't play in HS together. 

My bad I was thinking of Cooper 

It's the strangest way to get a head injury. Powell simply backed into Stretch's chin bone, and i guess it hit him right below his skull and at a force.

So strange the way and where all of that has caused Powell so much recovery. Just maybe the most vulnerable area to be hit on, maybe?

If that caused a skull fracture, crazy how solid Stretch's chin is. 

That play on the hit also showed what an all round player Powell is he went to the Corner for a three which forced a man to come at him hard so he drove in and make a great pass to Thor for what should have been an easy basket and was backing out to be in a position to reset or play D. Man what bad luck and a freaky way to get injured.

On 2/18/2021 at 8:25 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Am I tripping or did Powell also have a fall from mid air earlier this season? 

Pretty sure it was the same game. Might have even been right before the injury because a lot of us thought that was what caused the injury.

8 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Pretty sure it was the same game. Might have even been right before the injury because a lot of us thought that was what caused the injury.

@tgrogan21Supposedly caused the concussion. The Stretch hit later supposedly caused the skull fracture.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@tgrogan21Supposedly caused the concussion. The Stretch hit later supposedly caused the skull fracture.

Oh, wow. I must have misread things earlier in the thread. Thought he actually had a skull fracture with no concussion. Didn't realize he had both. :( 

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Has Powell played too much to get a medical redshirt?

It doesn't matter. This year doesn't count against anybody. Due to the virus, everybody has a "redshirt" year this season.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

It doesn't matter. This year doesn't count against anybody. Due to the virus, everybody has a "redshirt" year this season.

Yup! Plus if he ever gets back to his early true freshman form he won't be here through his entire eligibility.

Archived