Ryan Russell out as S and C coach.

GwillMac6

20 minutes ago, clwn said:

Who was the guy under Tubbs era where basically Tubbs told him "run them till they puke" to get them in best conditioning for the 4th quarter. Obviously worked, we were always so damn relentless in those years. Seemed more fresh than our opponents.

Yox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes sense. RR and BH were on the same Boise staff for 3 years (07-09). BH gets his guy quickly on board and immediately sets the tone during winter workouts. Start instilling a new mindset right away.

I've thought for a few years now our strength and conditioning program really showed up on the O-line. I know a lot of it is recruiting the athletes that just have the God given strength and agility needed for the SEC and coaching up their technique, but the way our O-line consistently has been man handled the past few years (particularly against our best competition) hasn't inspired me to put a lot of faith in our strength and conditioning program. I'm excited for some new blood!

5 hours ago, AuburnFTW said:

I've thought for a few years now our strength and conditioning program really showed up on the O-line. I know a lot of it is recruiting the athletes that just have the God given strength and agility needed for the SEC and coaching up their technique, but the way our O-line consistently has been man handled the past few years (particularly against our best competition) hasn't inspired me to put a lot of faith in our strength and conditioning program. I'm excited for some new blood!

Honestly with the o-line I think it’s more the guys we’re recruiting. I see it more with our d-line and even WRs. Watch Alabama’s WRs hold a block compared to ours... unreal. 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Give me Aaron Feld or give me death! 

And he's an Alabama raised boy...But I bet he got a raise when MC got his new contract...

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

And he's an Alabama raised boy...But I bet he got a raise when MC got his new contract...

He supposedly grew up an Auburn fan. Would be a cool get and he probably helps in recruiting with his experience at Georgia and his younger attitude. 

3 hours ago, chimes said:

Honestly with the o-line I think it’s more the guys we’re recruiting. I see it more with our d-line and even WRs. Watch Alabama’s WRs hold a block compared to ours... unreal. 

I think the key word here is ‘hold’.  I know they all do it but my goodness. 

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Give me Aaron Feld or give me death! 

What about Feld makes him a strong choice?  Trying to learn.  I want whatever turns guys like Najee Harris into Captain-Friggin-America-meets-the-Hulk.

8 minutes ago, japantiger said:

What about Feld makes him a strong choice?  Trying to learn.  I want whatever turns guys like Najee Harris into Captain-Friggin-America-meets-the-Hulk.

Nothing really his mustache is awesome. I just want someone who has worked with either Bama/UGA strength and conditioning. They're obviously doing something right. 

10 minutes ago, HarsinVOL said:

Two thoughts. 1) There is no test that shows the relationship between S/C 'success' and on-field performance. 2) There is no test that shows the relationship between S/C 'success' and on-field injuries, no correlation is possible.

S/C is as much about gym time ambience (inspiring, challenging, interesting, comradery, etc.) as it is about the generation of force.

my-cousin-vinny.gif

14 minutes ago, HarsinVOL said:

Two thoughts. 1) There is no test that shows the relationship between S/C 'success' and on-field performance. 2) There is no test that shows the relationship between S/C 'success' and on-field injuries, no correlation is possible.

S/C is as much about gym time ambience (inspiring, challenging, interesting, comradery, etc.) as it is about the generation of force.

I don't mean to call you out, but it is hard to believe that you don't see a correlation between a S/C program and bigger/stronger/faster/better players.  There is a reason that when a kid leaves HS everyone says "a few years in a good college program will add 20 lbs of good weight".  These kids don't just come in and not get better from the work they put in in the facility.  There is a reason it made headline news last year when UGa hired away the SC from UAt.  It is a big deal.

I do agree that there is no correlation between SC & major injuries, but definitely a correlation around pulled muscles, cramps and such.

18 minutes ago, HarsinVOL said:

image.gif

3 hours ago, japantiger said:

Harris's high school tape was an absolute no brainer as a good get but I get what you mean.

Oops didnt realize what thread I was in....strength and conditioning.

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

I want whoever trained Eddie Hall when he made his world record 1100 lb. deadlift.

If we are going the weight lifter route...

Is  Kaz Still around auburn?   

It was always rumored that Kazmaier was a mean guy that hated the drunks coming out of the pool hall.      I saw him one time behind that pool hall (few doors down from (Toomers Drugs at the time.)   

A group of guys I played pool with and I were out back, late night, doing nefarious things.   It was just a dark parking lot and alley at the time.   He came "busting" out the back door of what I assumed was his gym.   Dude was F'ing HUGE!!!!    The group of guys I was with scattered.  Not running away,  but leaving a bit briskly.   Some went  to their cars,  other went back in the backdoor of the pool hall.  a few just walked around the block to College ST. their eyes all wide eyebrows raised.  I think one of them may have squealed a bit. 

NOT ME!!!     I started kicking cans and trash around really hard  and raising my voice,  bitching about nothing and everything.  Talking s*** like "I am going to kick someone's AZZ!"  Peeing on stuff.  Bowing up my mini and skinny frame to look tougher and more serious.... throwing out "MFrs"  and the "P word." making SURE he could hear every word  using my deepest and most intimidating voice I have.  

Kaz just walked to his car and went home.

I went back in to play some pool,  and one of the guys pulled me aside and asked "WTF  were you thinking? You could have gotten killed.  Kaz is literally 3 times your weight, mean  and all muscle!!!!"

I simply replied, "I just wanted to make sure the big son-of-a-b1tch  know I was a male"

Strength coach?  There's only one choice.  The legend himself.....

MAGNUS VER MAGNUSSON!

I'm just saying, if our players can move planes, they can move a D line.

Just now, HarsinVOL said:

He's a strong guy...but how often do we pull ppl in football...with ropes? Does this translate? I don't know that it does, strictly.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, HarsinVOL said:

He's a strong guy...but how often do we pull ppl in football...with ropes? Does this translate? I don't know that it does, strictly.

About as much as you do lying on your back and pressing up

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Strength coach?  There's only one choice.  The legend himself.....

MAGNUS VER MAGNUSSON!

I'm just saying, if our players can move planes, they can move a D line.

Old school mean.  Wrestling and sumo inside...

Claiming Auburn AL.  as his home town

26 minutes ago, HarsinVOL said:

Muscles have 'memory'. Nope.

Of course muscles don’t have memory, but your brain does. When you repeat the same movement over and over you combine the brain/muscle movement so you don’t have to “think” about it . It works in industry where you can improve time/motion in a given task to improve productivity, and the same with sports.

Archived