OL Coach: Will Friend

W.E.D

22 minutes ago, keesler said:

Phil Fulmer is the AD, he pulls the strings and micromanages his coaches.  There's no way Will Friend wasn't involved with the recruitment of Mims, he was the lead recruiter.  Now, who knows how much he knew of what happened or whether anything can be proven is another story.  We don't even know how far the NCAA investigation has gotten at this point.  

Man I hope auburn put some serious restrictions on the guy contacting recruits.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carnell said:

I hope so too.  But what I read the investigation may center around Mims an OL that eventually signed with the Dawgs.  And since Friend was OL coach at Tenn I am feeling real uneasy about the hire.

Very well could be why the dawgs are rumored to get an NCAA visit.

7 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Very well could be why the dawgs are rumored to get an NCAA visit.

Forgot who wrote the article I read but according to the article you are correct.  The article said Dawgs got careless with recruiting.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Kirby & Jeremy pissing on each other, some stuff leaked, they both got caught up in it and now the NCAA's involved.  :-\

Man a Jeremy Pruitt and Kirby Smart pissing contest sounds like a really entertaining show. Hate i couldn't have been there to witness it 🤣

18 minutes ago, keesler said:

Kirby & Jeremy pissing on each other, some stuff leaked, they both got caught up in it and now the NCAA's involved.  :-\

Couldn't happen to two better people.

21 minutes ago, keesler said:

I am not worried about that I am worried about how caught up in it are we.

16 minutes ago, Carnell said:

I am not worried about that I am worried about how caught up in it are we.

Well, I feel sure his employment status at Auburn is contingent on the NCAA ruling during his time at UT.  Contracts customarily have NCAA compliance clauses to protect the school, and AU would be no different.  Now, rumor has it that Phil Fulmer (UT AD) wants Pruitt out badly, AND he may be stabbing Pruitt in the back so that he can fire him with cause and UT won't owe JP the buyout.  Who knows what other UT coaches (Friend) could get caught up in the fallout, as Fulmer is a piece of crap and isn't beyond backstabbing a UT HC. 

7 minutes ago, keesler said:

Well, I feel sure his employment status at Auburn is contingent on the NCAA ruling during his time at UT.  Contracts customarily have NCAA compliance clauses to protect the school, and AU would be no different.  Now, rumor has it that Phil Fulmer (UT AD) wants Pruitt out badly, AND he may be stabbing Pruitt in the back so that he can fire him with cause and UT won't owe JP the buyout.  Who knows what other UT coaches (Friend) could get caught up in the fallout, as Fulmer is a piece of crap and isn't beyond backstabbing a UT HC. 

I understand that but nothing can protect Auburn from the NCAA for the actions of Friend while he is a coach at Auburn.

19 minutes ago, keesler said:

I had heard The opposite, that Fuller likes Pruitt and despite all the calls for his firing Fuller has refused to fire his man.  Who knows what’s really king on.

17 minutes ago, Carnell said:

I understand that but nothing can protect Auburn from the NCAA for the actions of Friend while he is a coach at Auburn.

It's a risk.  And after the Chuck Persons fiasco we know things happen that AU Compliance may not be able to monitor.  Auburn is protected from the NCAA for any actions Friend may have incurred while he was at UT though.  What he does during is employment with AU falls on Auburn, just like any other coach on our staff.  

12 minutes ago, dilligas said:

I had heard The opposite, that Fuller likes Pruitt and despite all the calls for his firing Fuller has refused to fire his man.  Who knows what’s really king on.

No one knows what's going on in the dysfunctional cesspool at UT.  But we ALL know Philip Fulmer can not be trusted, we saw what he did to Johnny Majors back in the day.

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

It's a risk.  And after the Chuck Persons fiasco we know things happen that AU Compliance may not be able to monitor.  Auburn is protected from the NCAA for any actions Friend may have incurred while he was at UT though.  What he does during is employment with AU falls on Auburn, just like any other coach on our staff.  

That is my point.  I don't believe anyone that did a proper due diligence would have come to the conclusion that this hire is acceptable.  Now that he is on staff we should put serious curtailment on his recruiting activities and interaction with players.  

19 minutes ago, dilligas said:

My spell checker corrects Fullmer to Fuller.  I guess it doesn’t like his name.

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

No one knows what's going on in the dysfunctional cesspool at UT.  But we ALL know Philip Fulmer can not be trusted, we saw what he did to Johnny Majors back in the day.

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

That is true we don't know what is going on at UT which is a good reason to question this hire.

Just now, Carnell said:

That is my point.  I don't believe anyone that did a proper due diligence would have come to the conclusion that this hire is acceptable.  Now that he is on staff we should put serious curtailment on his recruiting activities and interaction with players.  

You may be right, I just have a hard time believing McGlynn/Greene and the dozens of other AD & Compliance folks at USC & Auburn completely overlooked the UT investigation and chose to hire the guy?  IDK

8 minutes ago, keesler said:

You may be right, I just have a hard time believing McGlynn/Greene and the dozens of other AD & Compliance folks at USC & Auburn completely overlooked the UT investigation and chose to hire the guy?  IDK

I sure hope you are right because if they didn't I can here the PTBs now yelling loud that this was not their hire and the incompetence of Greene for hiring a HC that does not do background searches on his assistants.

4 minutes ago, Carnell said:

I sure hope you are right because if they didn't I can here the PTBs now yelling loud that this was not their hire and the incompetence of Greene for hiring a HC that does not do background searches on his assistance.

The good thing is that there's a fat staff to perform back-ground checks at AU and Rich McGlynn is a known hard-ass on compliance.   Whether Friend was fully vetted, and AU received an all-clear from the UT investigator's is yet to be known?

I suspect some tough language is being written into his contract that any finding/allegations against him while at UT would mean a void of his AU deal.  

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wait, where can I get this info about the vols?! This stuff is hilarious 

LMAO.   I was thinking the same thing.   We have more inside sources at UT than we have at Auburn.

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

LMAO.   I was thinking the same thing.   We have more inside sources at UT than we have at Auburn.

volnation/the vol 24/7 website/ SEC RANT....Its a bit of a looney bin up there now

Archived