OL Coach: Will Friend

W.E.D

2 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I can’t find what else was said so I’m not sure what I was trying to say. Most likely a typo because I ain’t even drinking yet. 

Get well soon!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, api1957 said:

??? https://ncog.gov.in/neind/login.php ????

North East Industrial Development Scheme. That's what I'm running with. Lil' Mook hit me with the inside knowledge.

I go that far on google,  but it doesn't make sense.   WTF do they do?  How did the benefits get to the players?   

Not asking you directly (unless you know)

Just the word scheme  makes it sound shady.  Is this an official real entity?  or something the public calls it like a nick name?  who would use the word scheme in the name?  It sounds like an underground dark web thing.

3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I go that far on google,  but it doesn't make sense.   WTF do they do?  How did the benefits get to the players?   

Not asking you directly (unless you know)

Just the word scheme  makes it sound shady.  Is this an official real entity?  or something the public calls it like a nick name?  who would use the word scheme in the name?  It sounds like an underground dark web thing.

No idea. They are based out of India.

So we are already in on two 4 star o tackles overnight because of this hire. The guy just started and in one day has recruited better than we did in the last six years. 

45 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Get well soon!

Gracias hermano 

56 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Bryan  is not smart enough to come up with this scheme. 

Well he did get caught.  Easy to play players, only the smart ones does it without being caught 

46 minutes ago, api1957 said:

I'm not too keen on a Friendly o-line... huh...huh, amiright?

This is called a rim shot, not Ba Dum tssshh - GIF on Imgur

Fire.... and a miss! 😝 

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Looks like we might have two 4 star O lineman commit soon 

Looks like the Jolly Red Giant in this picture.

The makings for a Quick and Friendly offensive line?? Even better. 

25 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Looks like we might have two 4 star O lineman commit soon 

That fella is HUGE!!

The possibility of having 2 highly rated OTs committed to us immediately after being hired makes Coach Friend my new favorite coach on this staff. 

On 1/8/2021 at 4:58 PM, api1957 said:

I'm not too keen on a Friendly o-line... huh...huh, amiright?

This is called a rim shot, not Ba Dum tssshh - GIF on Imgur

I'm afraid I've got some bad news, API. We're... we're going to have to let you go. I'm sorry that it didn't work out.

On 1/8/2021 at 10:23 AM, abw0004 said:

I assume Harsin did his research on Friend to make sure he had no involvement on the big recruiting violation Tennessee is under investigation for in trying to pay Mims to commit to them.

On the bright side, UGA is apparently also being investigated for a major violation as well.

How can Harsin do a due diligence when Tenn hasn't even finished their investigation to determine who is involved and who is in the clear.

5 minutes ago, Carnell said:

How can Harsin do a due diligence when Tenn hasn't even finished their investigation to determine who is involved and who is in the clear.

I get your point from the investigation perspective.  I do believe that Bobo has done his homework as he has been willing to hire him twice in the last two weeks to be his offensive line coach, at least I hope so....

25 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Actually, with the compliance department Auburn  has, I would hope THEY have cleared him. They are known to be very thorough.

Yes you are absolutely right about the compliance dept having that responsibility but my question remains the same how can anyone at auburn clear him when the investigation is still not finished at Tenn.  This concern for me is even heightened considering his Alma mater.

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

I get your point from the investigation perspective.  I do believe that Bobo has done his homework as he has been willing to hire him twice in the last two weeks to be his offensive line coach, at least I hope so....

I hope so too.  But what I read the investigation may center around Mims an OL that eventually signed with the Dawgs.  And since Friend was OL coach at Tenn I am feeling real uneasy about the hire.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:56 AM, ChristoThor said:

I work with a Vols fan and after talking to him it is hard to judge anything that comes out of Tennessee. It is pretty unclear what is going on with their program as far as who is in control. There are rumors that even their athletic director is too involved in the program. They are too divided to be successful or allow any of their staff to actually be successful.

The only thing you can really judge on anyone from Tennessee is their recruiting. The problem there is the investigation going on about their recruiting. I am just really hoping Auburn did their research and made sure Friend has nothing to do with it.

I think Friend has potential to be prove he is a good coach on top of being a good recruiter. Lets not judge his time at TN too harshly.

Phil Fulmer is the AD, he pulls the strings and micromanages his coaches.  There's no way Will Friend wasn't involved with the recruitment of Mims, he was the lead recruiter.  Now, who knows how much he knew of what happened or whether anything can be proven is another story.  We don't even know how far the NCAA investigation has gotten at this point.  

Archived