Big Kat back??

PigskinPat

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

I really dislike comments like yours. Just because Big Kat didn't rise to the level of superstar expectations that fans had for him (just as we have for all big time recruits) doesn't mean he wasn't good during his AU career or that he won't be good where ever he plays next season. When current players read comments like yours about one of their teammates, a starter who near as I can tell was well liked, I wonder what they think?

These kids should be immune to reading fans’ opinions on them. It does not mean anybody wishes the young man failure at any thing in his life, but the comment from what I took from it meant, he was highly recruited, yes, but under the coaching he received, be it good or bad, he just did not live up to expectations. During the Gus era, there were multiple players that met this opinion. When you play football or baseball or even basketball, for a school at any level and you are considered cream of the crop, then it’s best to develop thicker skin. If he chooses to stay w UT, then good luck to him and best wishes, but he has never proven he’s an upper echelon football player at his position. Fans have opinions, but it doesn’t mean we root against a kid, but rather when one chooses to move on, the memory should be short. How many GREAT players at any university leave? My personal answer is hardly any. Not sure anyone expected a superstar, but he was not even the best lineman on D this past year. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

These kids should be immune to reading fans’ opinions on them. 

Dunno how old you are but the "These kids" opening to that sentence renders the rest of the sentence non sequitur in its reasoning. Do you remember what it's like being a young person in your late teens to early twenties? I think saying these kids should be immune is asking a little damn much.

Some of you guys talking spicy but scared to death to do it with out being completely anonymous . Hilarious 

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

^ the most unnecessary paragraph of all time 

Unnecesessary, but an accurate post.  Although I don't like it any more than you do.  I hate reality, sometimes.

6 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Dunno how old you are but the "These kids" opening to that sentence renders the rest of the sentence non sequitur in its reasoning. Do you remember what it's like being a young person in your late teens to early twenties? I think saying these kids should be immune is asking a little damn much.

I faintly remember those years. My main point was that so many come into college after being catered to during recruitment. Many turn out fine and have nice careers, but there are tons that don’t. When highly regarded players don’t perform, criticism is part of the game. Do you think Saban doesn’t criticize his top players when they’ve underperformed? Thick skin is often needed to succeed in sports. That’s not to say an attack on someone as a person is okay, but rather as an athlete. Many times this starts in pee wee leagues. That’s just my opinion on what I’ve seen over the years. 

4 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

I faintly remember those years. My main point was that so many come into college after being catered to during recruitment. Many turn out fine and have nice careers, but there are tons that don’t. When highly regarded players don’t perform, criticism is part of the game. Do you think Saban doesn’t criticize his top players when they’ve underperformed? Thick skin is often needed to succeed in sports. That’s not to say an attack on someone as a person is okay, but rather as an athlete. Many times this starts in pee wee leagues. That’s just my opinion on what I’ve seen over the years. 

NIck Saban  criticizing players and some random fan hiding behind an anonymous source is nowhere near the same . If you want to criticize how the guy plays, there is a way to go about it. Calling him overrated , yada, yada is just being a jackass. Some of you guys are grown ass men , talking down to a young adult. Half of you couldn’t even walk on to Faulkner’s football program but want to evaluate the play of a division 1 player hahah 

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

Objective, well thought out criticism of a player’s performance is fine. However, this all started with a take that Big Kat was “never good, ever.”  It’s a terrible take that wasn’t even remotely well thought out. We have been debating and criticizing one of our highest profile players here in several other threads, so it’s clearly not taboo.

5 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Unnecesessary, but an accurate post.  Although I don't like it any more than you do.  I hate reality, sometimes.

It's not saying a single relevant thing lol. The guy cosigned the post saying Big Kat was the most overrated player of the decade. "old fan 47" spending an hour talking about a watered down, somewhat reasonable version of that sentiment seems very...inaccurate 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

NIck Saban  criticizing players and some random fan hiding behind a anonymous source is nowhere near the same . If you want to criticize how the guy plays, there is a way to go about it. Calling him overrated , yada, yada is just being a jackass. Some of you guys are grown ass men , talking down to a young adult. Half of you couldn’t even walk on to Faulkner’s football program but want to evaluate the play of a division 1 player hahah 

Opinions vary. There has been plenty of criticism for multiple high profile players. Maybe the issue with underperformance was and is coaching, but criticism is part of sport when a player or player doesn’t perform to the standard they are thought of. We can argue this point until the season starts, but everybody has opinions. Maybe he succeeds at TN or wherever he ends up and maybe not. I wish him and all others success and if he balls out, then maybe it was a coaching issue. Byron Cowart is a prime example. Not very good in college but yet starts for the Patriots if I’m not mistaken. 

26 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Opinions vary. There has been plenty of criticism for multiple high profile players. Maybe the issue with underperformance was and is coaching, but criticism is part of sport when a player or player doesn’t perform to the standard they are thought of. We can argue this point until the season starts, but everybody has opinions. Maybe he succeeds at TN or wherever he ends up and maybe not. I wish him and all others success and if he balls out, then maybe it was a coaching issue. Byron Cowart is a prime example. Not very good in college but yet starts for the Patriots if I’m not mistaken. 

It’s a difference between criticizing and just being a complete a**hole. You should be able to tell the difference . Objectively stating why you think someone underperformed and saying they suck or never was good , etc is a stark contrast 

gimme that gimme that gimme that big kat bar...............

On 2/5/2021 at 9:43 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It's not saying a single relevant thing lol. The guy cosigned the post saying Big Kat was the most overrated player of the decade. "old fan 47" spending an hour talking about a watered down, somewhat reasonable version of that sentiment seems very...inaccurate 

Seemed accurate to me sir.  To each his own.

Archived