Auburn Gymnastics πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

AUBwins

On 10/18/2023 at 2:19 PM, Kehnz said:

Kelsie Woolford will be Announcing her College Commitment on Thursday 5pm est Via. X (Twitter) I don’t know where she’s going to go… But I think each of her Top 5 has a chance.

Β 

IMG_3279.jpeg

Committed to Clemson

• Like 1

Charlotte Booth announcement is scheduled for today.

I still think Florida is the favorite (no inside info) but some reddit posters now suggest that Auburn could be the favorite here.

She mentioned a while back her parents want Auburn but Florida was her top (being close to home). My guess is one of those two, leaning towards Auburn.

I’ve heard Auburn from β€œan inside source.”

Landing Charlotte (and possibly Avery) would be huge!Β 

Β 

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kehnz said:

I think we get Avery King aswell.. πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

WDE

I hope so. Alison Cucci committed to Arkansas yesterday. We really need to land a 5-star in this classΒ πŸ˜…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUreo said:

I hope so. Alison Cucci committed to Arkansas yesterday. We really need to land a 5-star in this classΒ πŸ˜…

Gotta keep the streak alive🀞🏻

• Like 1

Wooohoooo!!!! Sooo excited Charlotte is coming to Auburn!!

• Like 1

I’ve been wondering if Zoey Molomo is someone that could still be on our radar. She’s unranked on CGN but her vault and floor are amazing. She’s a national team member and teammate of Keko Jong.

1 hour ago, blakem said:

I’ve been wondering if Zoey Molomo is someone that could still be on our radar. She’s unranked on CGN but her vault and floor are amazing. She’s a national team member and teammate of Keko Jong.

It’s possible.. I think we have 1-2 Scholarships left.. So I’m full pressing Avery then whatever else happens happens.. they where set with 25’s.

10 hours ago, Kehnz said:

It’s possible.. I think we have 1-2 Scholarships left.. So I’m full pressing Avery then whatever else happens happens.. they where set with 25’s.

I think we have 1 schollie left but could be wrong. Let's assume we have two scholarships left, we could save 1 for Suni. She might not make it to Paris due to her health issues but she could still recover and return to Auburn. Of course, we want her to be healthy and win some medals in Paris.

Also, I am surprised that we are adding so many elite gymnasts in this cycle. I don't think we are going to sign any L10s in this cycle. I think this is ok for now because we have several 5-star L10s signed/committed/enrolled (Julianne Huff, Olivia Ahern) but you always want to make sure that there is some balance between L10s and elites. Oklahoma is a good example here. Personally, I think having more L10s could be more beneficial but elites are great for marketing and promoting the program. In the previous cycle, we also landed two international sr elites (Katelyn Jong and Marissa Neal). Not complaining though, having many elites on the team will help you with recruiting more elites in the future (see LSU and Florida).

Also, even though not AU related but this is major news. Kara Eaker accusing the Utah gymnastics program of verbal/emotional abuse:

Β 

Β 

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, blakem said:

I also do not understand how Charlotte isn’t a 5 star. CGN rankings are so inconsistent.

I totally agree. Charlotte should be a 5-star on CGN. They justify their ratings by explaining that this is about NCAA readiness and how well an athlete will transition from Elite/L10 to college. I think this is debatable. You could also mainly rate athletes based on talent/experience. For instance, Katelyn Jong should definitely be a 5-star. She is uber-talented and a sr. international elite. Btw, she will be competing at the Pan Am Games later today (see x post below).

Anyway, I am glad we have a recruiting rating service that is completely free (unlike Volleyball). Also, there should be a re-rank sometime next year. I remember that Julianne Huff was a 4-star initially but then got re-rated and bumped to a 5-star.

Β 

Β 

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, blakem said:

I am sure that Zoey Molomo is part of the 2026 recruiting class. She will likely have many options and scholarship offers next year.

• Like 1

Sydney Seabrooks will be announcing her College commitment Monday the 23rd at 6pm EST on CGN Platform (Twitter/Instagram). She narrowed it down to 4 schools. Auburn / Georgia / UNC / UCLA… My guess is each school has a shot… But I would like to think it’s NOT Auburn. Because of who where still going after. That being said if it IS β€œAuburn” then I would be pleasantly surprised but happy I guess.. Any guesses?πŸ‘€ πŸ‘€

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kehnz said:

Sydney Seabrooks will be announcing her College commitment Monday the 23rd at 6pm EST on CGN Platform (Twitter/Instagram). She narrowed it down to 4 schools. Auburn / Georgia / UNC / UCLA… My guess is each school has a shot… But I would like to think it’s NOT Auburn. Because of who where still going after. That being said if it IS β€œAuburn” then I would be pleasantly surprised but happy I guess.. Any guesses?πŸ‘€ πŸ‘€

She chose UNC. good for her. She didn’t mention Auburn in the Article but talked about UNC and UCLA quite a bit.. But here’s a article if you want to read β€œwhats going through the mind of a highly-rated recruit”.Β 
And why she chose UNC.

https://collegegymnews.com/2023/10/23/recruiting-declassified-the-decision/?utm_source=Instagram&utm_medium=Social

Edited by Kehnz
  • Like 2

Avery King seems to have visited Oregon State and Arkansas since coming to Auburn. Those are her 6th and 7th official visits. I wonder if she has anymore before her announcement.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 2:19 PM, AUreo said:

Jasmine Cawley to bama btw...

So our top prospects are now...

Avery King, Ashlee Sulivan, Charlotte Booth, Blakely Roten, Amelia Disidore, Gabby van Freyen, Sydney Seabrooks, Kelise Woolford...

I think we have 2-3 scholarships left(?)

Β 

The only two uncommitted prospects from this list of visitors are Avery King and Amelia Disidore.

Avery King has committed to Arkansas.Β 
I feel like I’m β€œcrying in the shower”… Hopefully CGN raitings boost Charlotte Booth (Should be a 5-Star)Β 

TBH did not see that coming.. but Congrats! :(

Edited by Kehnz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Kehnz said:

Avery King has committed to Arkansas.Β 
I feel like I’m β€œcrying in the shower”… Hopefully CGN raitings boost Charlotte Booth (Should be a 5-Star)Β 

TBH did not see that coming.. but Congrats! :(

What about Amelia Disidore now?Β 

Looks like she visited a while ago:

https://collegegymnews.com/2023/10/06/recruiting-roundup-september-2023/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice start!!Β  Beat UCLA.

Β 

• Like 1

Β 

Β 

• Like 1