Auburn Gymnastics 🥇🥈🥉

AUBwins

19 hours ago, blakem said:

I’m afraid APJ is gonna bring Bama back to their juggernaut days.

I really hated losing her.  We struggled without her this year too

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I really hated losing her.  We struggled without her this year too

I completely agree. Our team just wasn’t the same this season even though we only lost Drew from the previous seasons team. 

9 hours ago, blakem said:

I completely agree. Our team just wasn’t the same this season even though we only lost Drew from the previous seasons team. 

Did she handle beam? That was a big difference from last year. Bars were not nearly as strong either.  Vault felt like we were better. 

12 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Did she handle beam? That was a big difference from last year. Bars were not nearly as strong either.  Vault felt like we were better. 

I do believe she mainly oversaw beam. She was an individual national champion in bean when she was in college at Bama. I think we couldn’t really adapt well to all the changes that were thrown at us this year. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 9:58 AM, blakem said:

I do believe she mainly oversaw beam. She was an individual national champion in bean when she was in college at Bama. I think we couldn’t really adapt well to all the changes that were thrown at us this year. 

I saw we picked up 2 from the portal.   One from UGA and one from UK.   No buzz here.... 

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I saw we picked up 2 from the portal.   One from UGA and one from UK.   No buzz here.... 

They were non-factors on their previous teams.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, blakem said:

Lyden Saltness is headed to Illinois now. Not sure what happened.

This is disappointing (solid 4-star signee). She trained with Suni pre-Olympics. I guess, she didn't want to leave the Midwest region.

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AUreo said:

This is disappointing (solid 4-star signee). She trained with Suni pre-Olympics. I guess, she didn't want to leave the Midwest region.

Some on Reddit are saying her schollie got pulled. I’m not sure how we’d do that after she’d signed the NLI but I think they stated we reduced it majorly for other recruits.

On 7/7/2023 at 2:57 PM, blakem said:

Some on Reddit are saying her schollie got pulled. I’m not sure how we’d do that after she’d signed the NLI but I think they stated we reduced it majorly for other recruits.

[deleted]
·1 day ago·edited 1 day ago

If I had to guess...maybe citing injury. I think, do not quote me, but if I recall correctly she only competed at 1 meet last season and maybe a handful, if that, since she came back from her injuries. So maybe that's how you skirt by it? All I know is both Grabas were in the gym one day and a few days later it happened. I do not know any details just rumblings around the gym and overhearing bits and pieces of conversations. This would have been after season so late May. It was not her choice. But everything happens for a reason and I hope she's shines at IL. I seriously thought it would come out and had been watching that transfer portal to Auburn!

• Like 1

U.S. Champion Konnor McClain To Join LSU Gymnastics

-> IMO, not a good idea if she wants to make the Olympic team...

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Evidently Suni had been dealing with a form of kidney disease, which is why her season cut short.  Rooting for her.  Wish I had seen this earlier that she was going to be on TV.

I watched it. Suni did very well. She was apparently there just to do well enough to qualify for the US team tryouts. She did that easily. She did great on beam and on vault. I think that is all she competed in. If I understood correctly, she would have performed on uneven  bars, but she did well enough that she did not need to. She said she was pleased with her performance and did better than she expected to do. I think she is a mental BEAST and will qualify for the Olympic team!

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

RECRUITING UPDATE

Charlotte Booth visited Bama this past weekend (IG vlog)

Reddit has a prediction thread:

Some posters think 4-star Charlotte Booth either to Florida or Auburn (or LSU, maybe OU)

Someone predicts 4-star Myli Lew to Auburn... (Is there a Katelyn connection?)

4-star Kelise Woolford will likely visit Auburn in the coming weeks

- - - - -

SEC Recruiting

From the LSU board:

Individuals across social media have their predictions which are speculation at this point. College Gym News has these recruits listed as having a strong interest in LSU. Jasmine Cawley, Nina Ballou, and Madelyn Dorbin. Makenzie Estep is a possibility for LSU but has many colleges pursuing her.

Edited by AUreo
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen where Auburn Gym had Amelia Disidore, Norah Christian, Elyse Wenner, and Gabby Van Freyen on campus for the uMass game. All are 4-star gymnasts according to CGN.

• Like 1

Suni has decided to opt out of the U.S. World Championships selection event:

https://olympics.com/en/news/olympic-all-around-champion-suni-lee-ending-season-early-difficult-decision

Also, she is planning to attend the UGA game in person and possibly the Iron Bowl...

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 3

Not Auburn, but no.1 recruit Kamila Pawlak committed to Oklahoma. Hate we are going to have to face her in conference but glad she isn’t at Bama. Her sister is there and she was rumored to be leaning there.

• Like 1