The Harsin Experiment

AUght2win

The begging thing is exaggerated and all the people that has something to say about a coach having to show he wants a recruit would do the EXACT same thing if they were a coach. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

burn-ouch.gif

Bird I feel like I've seen you speak more in depth on the Wild West, Early Saban days in T-Town (2007-2010).

A lot of people don't realize how overt they were in cheating then. Social media was dawning and proof was everywhere.

Now that the machine is running, it recruits for itself. But to get it on its feet, stuff like T-Town Menswear, Dodge Chargers, SticksNStuff, and Mobile HotWheelz were so out in the open it was like Alabama was daring the NCAA to try and stop them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

The begging thing is exaggerated and all the people that has something to say about a coach having to show he wants a recruit would do the EXACT same thing if they were a coach. 

I totally agree but it's a modern product, though. At least to the degree coaches do it now. Some of it is downright strange. Harbaugh and Mullen come to mind as doing the weirdest stuff.

https://sports.yahoo.com/recruits-dad-hilariously-suited-son-official-visit-florida-025132233.html

19 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Bird I feel like I've seen you speak more in depth on the Wild West, Early Saban days in T-Town (2007-2010).

A lot of people don't realize how overt they were in cheating then. Social media was dawning and proof was everywhere.

Now that the machine is running, it recruits for itself. But to get it on its feet, stuff like T-Town Menswear, Dodge Chargers, SticksNStuff, and Mobile HotWheelz were so out in the open it was like Alabama was daring the NCAA to try and stop them.

Well I'm not just trying to argue with you so please don't take it that way but this is the time period that I talk about when we decided we wanted small players on defense. And some of the best athletes we wanted to change their positions. McClain and Hightower at d end. Mark Barron at linebacker etc....

We made it easy for big athletic linebackers run to bammer. They were just saying it's cool to be big and strong

• Like 4

19 hours ago, AUght2win said:

You may be one of the last surviving humans to know who Snagglepuss is.

Not anymore.  Welcome to the club.

• Haha 3

On 2/22/2021 at 4:19 PM, DAG said:

No I am really not.  I just posted examples where NS is legitamitely taken into account off field and on field stuff.  UM was the epitome of an on-coaching field ball coach.  You mentioned Art Briles? He clearly had no hand in off the field stuff. Bobby Petrino? Clearly can't even handle himself personally. Legit every example you made about NS, all pertains to something on the field football related. You are all over the place. What are you even debating at this point? Did you even view the video I posted about Muhsin Muhammed? How he used his off field mistake to redeem himself, have a quality college football career and now has a child who attends Princeton? First of all he is a football coach first and foremost. His job is to get you to the next level. While doing that, his job is also to run a strong program, keep the players discipline and at the very least set them up for success. 

So again, what are you even debating? Are you looking for a squeaky clean, perfect coach? Are you assuming that is what CBH is? I highly doubt that. He is going to have to play the game like everyone else. That comes with the territory of being in the business of college professions. But at the end of the day, I think he, just like Saban, absolutely cares for the kids he is recruiting and wants what is best for them. That to me, is integrity. He is not out here playing favorites. Or refusing to grow as a mentor. Or worried more about his contract versus success on the field. The way he has created his program is for the maximum success for anyone who wears that crimson, whether you are a walk on or 5 star starter. And college football is primarily an NFL development league. PERIOD. To deny that is to deny reality. The great players you want CBH to get is signing on with the expectation you will get them to the NFL. It would be nice to have a bunch of Myrone Rolle on your squad, but this isn't Disney. This is not Coach Carter. And the illusion that somehow this is the way CBH operates is ridiculous. It is even more ridiculous when you take into account that we just paid a guy 21 million dollars to not coach here. 

I can guarantee that the nickster only cares about the players that can do something for him. I get really tired of the myth. It's simply untrue. I know this is a myth because of personal experience. He is not some grumpy but basically kind executive, and he never was. His personal life is pretty messy but it's all been covered up to save the public persona. Some of the ugliness came to light at LSU but it has since been scrubbed. The nickster is not a good man but he's a very good opportunist. He was made to coach at bammer where ethics and integrity don't exist. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 2:50 PM, W.E.D said:

If you can't beat 'em, join em.

Gus beat him three times in eight years without cheating. He also beat him as an O - coordinator without cheating.

The answer is not to join in the cheating, the answer is for the SEC and the NCAA to step up and do something about it. Or like Auburn basketball maybe the FBI needs to step up and do something about it.

On 2/27/2021 at 1:02 PM, Tigerbelle said:

I can guarantee that the nickster only cares about the players that can do something for him. I get really tired of the myth. It's simply untrue. I know this is a myth because of personal experience. He is not some grumpy but basically kind executive, and he never was. His personal life is pretty messy but it's all been covered up to save the public persona. Some of the ugliness came to light at LSU but it has since been scrubbed. The nickster is not a good man but he's a very good opportunist. He was made to coach at bammer where ethics and integrity don't exist. 

So for the 3rd or 4th time you just post innuendos and beat around the bush vs actually saying specifically what he's done.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Gus beat him three times in eight years without cheating. He also beat him as an O - coordinator without cheating.

The answer is not to join in the cheating, the answer is for the SEC and the NCAA to step up and do something about it. Or like Auburn basketball maybe the FBI needs to step up and do something about it.

Cam Newton: "It's An Ongoing Investigation" GIF | Gfycat

On 2/23/2021 at 7:35 PM, AUght2win said:

I was wondering that myself! I used to post pics a lot but can't now.

I can in PM's but not on the main forum it seems

13 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I agree. Not on board with any cheating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

That looks like an inuendo to me!!

Literally any response from Cam would be construed that way. Silent? He's hiding his cheating. Jokes about it? He's trying to deflect. Serious about it? Too defensive. He cheated. 

Whether the Newtons cheated or not is truly unknown. People can't stand the fact there was never a shred of evidence, and it's purely hearsay. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I agree. Not on board with any cheating. 

If you think we don't cheat then I'm not really sure what to tell ya.

50 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

People can't stand the fact there was never a shred of evidence

Just shows we did a good job and did it correctly.  State got mad b/c they lost and tried to sink us.  We've been around that block.  We're not writing checks ore creating a paper trail any longer

Edited by W.E.D

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

That looks like an inuendo to me!!

We were clean in Cam's recruitment. Anyone who looks at the situation objectively sees the flaws in that whole fabrication, and why it really is just a Starkville story. He was practically forced to go somewhere else- cleanly- because of what happened over there. Kenny Rogers really messed things up for Mullen. 

As for how we play the game otherwise, tell yourself whatever you got to. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I have no idea whether we cheated during Malzahn’s run or not but know we never dealt with negative impacts from it ( that I remember). I just know I am not in favor of doing it, even to win a football game. Hoping Harsin isn’t also.

44 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Well at least I left you speechless. Bet that doesn’t happen often.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I have no idea whether we cheated during Malzahn’s run or not but know we never dealt with negative impacts from it ( that I remember). I just know I am not in favor of doing it, even to win a football game. Hoping Harsin isn’t also.

Everyone cheats.  Nothing was heard from it b/c we do it well, aren't our own worst enemy like UT, and Gus isn't calling hookers on his Auburn provided cell phone like Freeze.  Also the NCAA doesn't care and will not do anything unless they are forced to

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

If it makes you feel better, there are usually layers between the coaches and the money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2