The Harsin Experiment

AUght2win

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

We were clean in Cam's recruitment. Anyone who looks at the situation objectively sees the flaws in that whole fabrication, and why it really is just a Starkville story. He was practically forced to go somewhere else- cleanly- because of what happened over there. Kenny Rogers really messed things up for Mullen. 

As for how we play the game otherwise, tell yourself whatever you got to. 

It’s been so long since I’ve argued about the Cam situation online. Those were rough days on the net. All of the blame placed on Auburn should have been on MSU. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

We were clean in Cam's recruitment. Anyone who looks at the situation objectively sees the flaws in that whole fabrication, and why it really is just a Starkville story. He was practically forced to go somewhere else- cleanly- because of what happened over there. Kenny Rogers really messed things up for Mullen. 

As for how we play the game otherwise, tell yourself whatever you got to. 

Nobody ever explained where the phantom Auburn money went. "Cecil's churches" was the vague explanation. But pretty sure they audited all that, and I never heard about any grand expansion of those buildings.

If they cheated, Cam is the only high dollar blue chip to ever drive a scooter around campus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

If it makes you feel better, there are usually layers between the coaches and the money. 

I actually would like all of them to get caught.

Harsin is not going to dictate the recruiting strategy the recruits will do that and to say that Harsin won't be a beggar is either not based in reality or he won't be a coach up here very long.  Because if being a beggar is what it takes then Harsin better become a beggar or suffer the consequence of what lower rated recruiting classes bring.

31 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Harsin is not going to dictate the recruiting strategy the recruits will do that and to say that Harsin won't be a beggar is either not based in reality or he won't be a coach up here very long.  Because if being a beggar is what it takes then Harsin better become a beggar or suffer the consequence of what lower rated recruiting classes bring.

I would favor our HC having some self respect no matter what.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I actually would like all of them to get caught.

Let's not throw stones in our glass house 

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I would favor our HC having some self respect no matter what.

Maybe you would but I wonder what the majority of the board would say if the start seeing our recruiting classes being ranked around 25 to 30 in the country in recruiting.

10 hours ago, W.E.D said:

If you think we don't cheat then I'm not really sure what to tell ya.

You were the one wanting evidence of UAT cheating. So, how about you provide some evidence of AU cheating?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

You were the one wanting evidence of UAT cheating. So, how about you provide some evidence of AU cheating?

I don't want examples of cheating.  I want examples of Nick being an awful person outside of football, like Freeze or Briles or even Coach O.  that was the point of asking for examples.  Everyone cheats.  Not everyone looks the other way on domestic violence or is banging prostitutes 

Good effort though.

26 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't want examples of cheating.  I want examples of Nick being an awful person outside of football, like Freeze or Briles or even Coach O.  that was the point of asking for examples.  Everyone cheats.  Not everyone looks the other way on domestic violence or is banging prostitutes 

Good effort though.

Stair step ethics is equal to no ethics at all.

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Stair step ethics is equal to no ethics at all.

Eh.  It's a dirty sport.  There isn't a policing body that cares.

You can be happy b/c we did it the right way and we're 8-4 every year and beat bama/uga/lsu a few times a decade.  Or you can realize what it is and lets win some games.  Rich boosters have endless amounts of money they want to give to kids.  Let em

• Like 1

It's actually a good argument for paying players, but can't do that either b/c they have to pretend to be a student

On 2/23/2021 at 12:44 PM, Tigerbelle said:

He was not cheating on the same level as the nickster because he did not have the REC behind him.  You quite obviously have no idea how bammer has things set up. Freeze got in trouble because he was beating bammer. Gus avoided that because he usually lost out to the nickster on most high profile recruits and just went looking elsewhere for recruits. Freeze took on bammer head to head and it did not end well. for him. 

Tigerbelle, I know you got some pushback from some "super informed" (scare quotes on purpose) folks in this thread, but at least some who have been around long enough knew and still know you were on the right track. The past day or so when the Rush Probst audio on Saban and Smart came out has just reinforced how right you were and are.

• Facepalm 1

On 2/23/2021 at 12:48 PM, Tigerbelle said:

You surely don't believe that fairy tale do you? Are you aware that the nickster had Tua's entire family moved from a tougher life in Hawaii to a nice suburban life and a better financial situation?   Do you really expect Tua to say anything derogatory? He and his family made the deal and they will stick with it. This is all media hype and myth from al.com. Jalen Hurts probably would have a different opinion, as would his Dad.  Tua was given very preferential treatment by everyone at bammer, especially lil' nickster,  and his priviledged view is certainly not one I believe, because I know differently. 

Of course DAG believes it. DAG is never wrong. Just ask him. LoL's!

2 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Of course DAG believes it. DAG is never wrong. Just ask him. LoL's!

I thought you were done with me and my clique ? Lol. Go back to watching west side story

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, DAG said:

I thought you were done with me and my clique ? Lol. Go back to watching west side story

So done with you that he top-quoted a 2-week old post to make some lame ass attempt at insulting you. Remarkable self-own on his part. 

• Haha 2

• 10 months later...

Revisiting this after nearly a year.

We are really seeing the experiment play out currently with the portal struggles. But the positive side is the good high school class we were able to reel in. 

Not thrilled with how things look at the moment but I still say (barring a complete collapse) CBH needs a minimum of 3 years to implement what he is trying to do. At the same time, we can't dig the hole too deep building this foundation. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Revisiting this after nearly a year.

We are really seeing the experiment play out currently with the portal struggles. But the positive side is the good high school class we were able to reel in. 

Not thrilled with how things look at the moment but I still say (barring a complete collapse) CBH needs a minimum of 3 years to implement what he is trying to do. At the same time, we can't dig the hole too deep building this foundation. 

Very good post. I too believe in Coach Harsin and the 3 years but I’m getting really frustrated over our inability to secure o linemen. A bit ridiculous at this point. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Very good post. I too believe in Coach Harsin and the 3 years but I’m getting really frustrated over our inability to secure o linemen. A bit ridiculous at this point. 

I agree here. As far as I’m concerned, we are the cellar dwellers in the West. This staff has done absolutely zero to prove otherwise. Harsin will get at least 3 years, but each day, he is looking like he is barely treading water against all of these other coaches. Argue all you want, but what makes any person that posts thoughts or opinions on this site, think we are better off now than when the bowl game was over. This team and program is in disarray and everyday I now question whether or not Harsin is the coach to change it. I honestly don’t see him turning this program around even if he was given 5 plus years. Hell, I’m not sure he can win 8 games, which is the standard in the West for mediocrity. I’m not sure we win 5 this next year. It’s just a ridiculous thing at this point. Say whatever, but it’s all true. If the cupboard was left bare by Gus on the OL, that’s no longer an excuse. I don’t think he has the ability or the want to recruit. It all starts with the HC and I was never a fan of Gus, but as a recruiter he seems to be light years ahead of this guy. 

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

It appears he does a pretty good job at the high school level but his unwillingness to give them some experience without burning their RS may be hurting him (ieHunter.)  And I will guarantee that if they don't give Davis a reasonable shot in spring by letting Finley and Calzeda getting all the snaps then I guarantee he is gone and that will probably be our two highest rated signees out of the 2021 class gone.  The fact that his hard headiness is going to be his downfall and he won't be able to blame anyone but himself.

Edited by Carnell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carnell said:

It appears he does a pretty good job at the high school level but his unwillingness to give them some experience without burning their RS may be hurting him in Hunter.  And I will guarantee that if they don't give Davis a reasonable shot in spring by letting Finley and Calzeda getting all the snaps then I guarantee he is gone and that will probably be our two highest rated signees out of the 2021 class gone.  The fact that his hard headiness is going to be his downfall and he won't be able to blame anyone but himself.

I don't really understand how this point of view. 

Jaquez Hunter was our #2 ball carrier.
Marquis Robinson played on defense
Landon King played a good bit

"Harsin doesn't play TrFr" doesn't seem to fully fit the narrative.  Maybe these guys just aren't ready?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Say whatever, but it’s all true.

Classic line!   Lol.   This is true poetry.   Why say whatever, your whatever is no more important than my whatever.   

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Well I just saw an Athlon early preview and they have us as the Vandy of the West and it’s hard to argue with that after 5 straight losses, the last of which was that Birmingham Bowl, followed by mass defections to the portal during the off season plus the loss of Coach Eason.  I’m no feeling too good about the Harsin Experiment so far.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

2 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

I agree here. As far as I’m concerned, we are the cellar dwellers in the West. This staff has done absolutely zero to prove otherwise. Harsin will get at least 3 years, but each day, he is looking like he is barely treading water against all of these other coaches. Argue all you want, but what makes any person that posts thoughts or opinions on this site, think we are better off now than when the bowl game was over. This team and program is in disarray and everyday I now question whether or not Harsin is the coach to change it. I honestly don’t see him turning this program around even if he was given 5 plus years. Hell, I’m not sure he can win 8 games, which is the standard in the West for mediocrity. I’m not sure we win 5 this next year. It’s just a ridiculous thing at this point. Say whatever, but it’s all true. If the cupboard was left bare by Gus on the OL, that’s no longer an excuse. I don’t think he has the ability or the want to recruit. It all starts with the HC and I was never a fan of Gus, but as a recruiter he seems to be light years ahead of this guy. 

You guys do realize it might be a pretty hard to pitch playing time to some of these highly rated transfer Olineman that want to come in and start immediately, when we have several starters coming back, some for their 6-7th year of eligibility?

Sure, CBH can tell them its an open competition that they have a good chance of winning and that may be true for one of the tackle spots, but some of these other spots could be hard for them to win the job.  These transfer guys could very well be saying "I love competition but I can go to XYZ school and almost be guaranteed a starting spot so Imma go there Coach."  Not saying its happening but I could easily see where it is hurting this staff's chances with portal guys.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1