The Harsin Experiment

AUght2win

8 hours ago, DAG said:

You mentioned Art Briles? He clearly had no hand in off the field stuff. 

Wow. Please please please do your research

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/docs-reveal-art-briles-baylor-coaches-actively-involved-in-covering-up-player-incidents/

And college football is primarily an NFL development league. PERIOD. To deny that is to deny reality.

That's what it is marketed as. If you buy it, cool. But until the odds are better than 1.6% of just making the league at all, let alone making a true living as a pro football, it's a total farce IMO. 

Wow!  This thread went downhill in a hurry.  

I will say this, in every single business and line of work, there is a place near/at the top for people who do it the right way with character, integrity, and hard work.   In that regard college football is no different.  CBH definitely CAN have very high levels of success doing it the right way.  There are many other variables that will factor into whether or not that potential is fully realized, but the potential is certainly there!  As I have stated before, I like CBH and I haven’t been this excited about AU football in years!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Man I love the ignore feature.

I got caught up once again. I keep getting in these meaningless , irrational discussions. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

I got caught up once again. I keep getting in these meaningless , irrational discussions. 

I mean, that's like 105% of all message board posts across the entire internet  🤣

Edited by W.E.D
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, AUght2win said:

So has Urban Meyer. So has Art Briles. So has Hugh Freeze. So has Bobby Petrino's. A man's success is not indicative of his character. 

Urban Meyer left a royal mess at UF, had a murderer on his team and stroked out as a result of the sh!tshow he created. 

Art Briles turned a blind eye to what was going on at Baylor.  He was fired for cause and Baylor has a black eye.

Hugh Freeze left OM on major probation for +3 yrs, bowl bans, massive scholly reductions and Hugh showed his character when he called hookers.

Bobby Petrino left Arkansas in a mess at the worst possible time imaginable.  He used his power to hire his side piece and was ousted when he wrecked the Harley and lied to his employer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I read the first post, then saw who OP was.  Then I made like Snagglepuss and went exit stage left.

Snagglepuss GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, keesler said:

Urban Meyer left a royal mess at UF, had a murderer on his team and stroked out as a result of the sh!tshow he created. 

Art Briles turned a blind eye to what was going on at Baylor.  He was fired for cause and Baylor has a black eye.

Hugh Freeze left OM on major probation for +3 yrs, bowl bans, massive scholly reductions and Hugh showed his character when he called hookers.

Bobby Petrino left Arkansas in a mess at the worst possible time imaginable.  He used his power to hire his side piece and was ousted when he wrecked the Harley and lied to his employer. 

This has already been explained . Maybe your approach will work better though 

16 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Freeze was cheating his ass off. More than an anyone. I'm sure everyone was pissed, UGA was too. 

He was not cheating on the same level as the nickster because he did not have the REC behind him.  You quite obviously have no idea how bammer has things set up. Freeze got in trouble because he was beating bammer. Gus avoided that because he usually lost out to the nickster on most high profile recruits and just went looking elsewhere for recruits. Freeze took on bammer head to head and it did not end well. for him. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DAG said:

“I think being able to play for someone like coach Saban, it gives you two sides,” Tagovailoa said. “It gives you someone who’s very hard on you. Someone who expects the best out of you. Then the other side where you get someone who is very caring. Very loving for his players. That’s who coach Saban was. On the field, he was very hard. He expected the best out of his players. He expected the best out of you.

“Off the field, he knew how to turn that off. It was like he wasn’t a coach anymore. He’s just someone who wanted to be there to help his guys in whatever way, shape, or form he could. I think having someone like that has helped me in the NFL because you deal with guys with different personalities. You deal with guys that are ‘hoo-rah’ guys that like to get in your butt. You also deal with guys where you’ve got to help them get the best out of them. I think that’s how he helped me.”

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/05/nick-saban-says-he-advised-jalen-hurts-to-pick-oklahoma-over-miami-maryland.html

Believe it or not, the reason I like CBH is because he gives me the feels and intensity of a Nick Saban. I hope and pray that is the case.

You surely don't believe that fairy tale do you? Are you aware that the nickster had Tua's entire family moved from a tougher life in Hawaii to a nice suburban life and a better financial situation?   Do you really expect Tua to say anything derogatory? He and his family made the deal and they will stick with it. This is all media hype and myth from al.com. Jalen Hurts probably would have a different opinion, as would his Dad.  Tua was given very preferential treatment by everyone at bammer, especially lil' nickster,  and his priviledged view is certainly not one I believe, because I know differently. 

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, keesler said:

If y'all want to go to bat for Saban, be my guest. Just check out Jonathan Taylor and Saban's refusal to apologize for bringing in a known domestic abuser. Make sure you know the guy's track record and talent-based, inconsistent discipline. And don't get me started on cheating. Take a look at Tom Albetar.

7 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You surely don't believe that fairy tale do you? Are you aware that the nickster had Tua's entire family moved from a tougher life in Hawaii to a nice suburban life and a better financial situation?   Do you really expect Tua to say anything derogatory? He and his family made the deal and they will stick with it. This is all media hype and myth from al.com. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886i3osq7czrud44pjf41

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Just shows you know nothing about the subject. You believe a kid who was paid a lot of money to sell bammer football. Tua does what he's told. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886qn4hr6nocowlzs5ixr

27 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

He was not cheating on the same level as the nickster because he did not have the REC behind him.  You quite obviously have no idea how bammer has things set up. Freeze got in trouble because he was beating bammer. Gus avoided that because he usually lost out to the nickster on most high profile recruits and just went looking elsewhere for recruits. Freeze took on bammer head to head and it did not end well. for him. 

LOL.  Hard to take someone serious who can't say a person/teams real name and must make it lower case b/c sick burn...

Are you not going to post the specifics that make "nickster" (can't capitalize Nick!!!) such an evil person on part with overlooking Rape and banging prostitutes?

Edited by W.E.D

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

LOL.  Hard to take someone serious who can't say a person/teams real name and must make it lower case b/c sick burn...

Are you not going to post the specifics that make "nickster" (can't capitalize Nick!!!) such an evil person on part with overlooking Rape and banging prostitutes?

This person has PTSD from Bama-related topics, specifically NS. All you will get is baseless accusations with no shred of evidence sprinkled with anger/ranting

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2021 at 9:28 AM, DAG said:

There is a lot of assumptions being made in this post.  There is a thin line between ass kissing and being a part of someone's culture. Like for instance NS electric sliding was not forced, nor was he kissing someone's ass. He was natural in what he was doing and smooth with it. If you win and you are genuine then there is no reason why we cannot get the best available. 

Natural and smooth? Really? Dancing in the teenage kids living room?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You surely don't believe that fairy tale do you? Are you aware that the nickster had Tua's entire family moved from a tougher life in Hawaii to a nice suburban life and a better financial situation?   Do you really expect Tua to say anything derogatory? He and his family made the deal and they will stick with it. This is all media hype and myth from al.com. Jalen Hurts probably would have a different opinion, as would his Dad.  Tua was given very preferential treatment by everyone at bammer, especially lil' nickster,  and his priviledged view is certainly not one I believe, because I know differently. 

Tua after his freshman year Natty on national TV:  “I would just like to take this time to thank the University of Alabama for bringing me here, for moving my entire family from Hawaii to Alabama, for finding my family a house and jobs. I would just like to thank the University of Alabama for all this”.

Upon hearing that, I thought to myself: Geez, I wonder how they did all that legally?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

This person has PTSD from Bama-related topics, specifically NS. All you will get is baseless accusations with no shred of evidence sprinkled with anger/ranting

Seems like this person would want everyone to know that Nick kill a girl in Baton Rouge and it was covered up.  That'll put him on par with some of the truly awful coaches listed ITT.

Not just that we're mad at him b/c he's really good at football, buying players, and is cut throat.

12 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Tua after his freshman year Natty on national TV:  “I would just like to take this time to thank the University of Alabama for bringing me here, for moving my entire family from Hawaii to Alabama, for finding my family a house and jobs. I would just like to thank the University of Alabama for all this”.

Upon hearing that, I thought to myself: Geez, I wonder how they did all that legally?

If you can't beat 'em, join em.