The Harsin Experiment

AUght2win

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

I did read it. He offered up an alternative idea to Auburn's lack of offensive lineman recruiting,  And you practically quoted it in your response to that post. You admit he lists best case scenarios in every thread, And yet you belittle him for posting such.. When actually It is a nice contrast to to all the woe is Auburn tripe posted in most threads. Yet you belittle the man for posting such.

I find it odd to call someone out for having a positive attitude.

It's weird you keep glossing over the fact that dude called me and others out unprompted. It isn't about negativity or positivity. I mean, are you being serious or do you not understand what's going on?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and are welcome to share. When you call people out for theirs, as he did to us (and has been doing for a while), you should expect a response in kind. 

It's nbd. I'm not pissed at Didba or anything. But don't try to fabricate an anti-bullying campaign.

57 minutes ago, Didba said:

I was clearly saying all of that in jest, trying to lighten up the mood, I even put /s and put yellow font to show that I was joking.  If you interpreted it as being rude or offensive then I apologize I that wasn't my intent.  I was just trying to have a bit of fun as you guys do have to admit y'all are fairly consistently negative.

In all honesty I thought you'd jokingly tell me to screw off and we'd all have a laugh.  It really wasn't meant to be insulting.  If it was then this was a good learning experience and I will try to be funny in a different way in the future. I really didn't expect that type of response from you, maybe Mikey but you and I get along pretty okay even with our heated discussions at times. So my bad.

You're fine, dude. I shouldn't have responded as hot as I did. We all just want Auburn to win!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Didba said:

I honestly tried to make it clear I was joking around, I didn't think it was a low blow, just a way to point out their negativity in jest.  I clearly didn't do it effectively or maybe I took it too far.  That's my bad.  It really wasn't meant to be malicious.  And I have brow beaten other posters in the past but I am trying to get better at it. 

I'll admit I take breaks from drafting documents at work to come on here and chat or read stuff.  Its hard for me to turn off the adversarial aspect of my brain when I switch from writing an aggressive legal argument in a motion or a petition to conversing with you guys on the forums especially when some of the things people say on here stick in my craw so viciously. 

I am trying to work on it and I am aware it's an issue.  I don't want to be known around here as the smart defensive scheme guy, who writes up solid takes on things but is also known as a massive pr*ck like metafour can be at times.

I finally get the Harvey Birdman avatar! Lawyer!

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Carnell said:

I am just saying Lee Hunter our best defensive recruit in the 2021 class is leaving without playing a down and if we Harsin is not careful DD is also going to leave without playing down.  He was our top recruit in the class of 2021.  After seeing some of the play of our QBs this year the excuse that this guy is not ready does not hold water.  I've continue to lose our top recruits from these recruiting classes is a problem.

Not to pick on you, but this isn't logical. The fact that our QB play was inadequate in no way means that a quarterback who didn't play would have been better.

Many said the exact same thing about Nix and Finley. Whether or not Finley *can be* better than Nix remains to be seen, but the fact is he very much *was not* better in 2021, and was in fact quite a bit worse.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Not to pick on you, but this isn't logical. The fact that our QB play was inadequate in no way means that a quarterback who didn't play would have been better.

Many said the exact same thing about Nix and Finley. Whether or not Finley *can be* better than Nix remains to be seen, but the fact is he very much *was not* better in 2021, and was in fact quite a bit worse.

So when alternative 2 does not prove to be better than 1 let's give up and not try anything else.  I know that 230 yards against a mediocre A&M team and 160 yards against Alabama after 4 overtime there was opportunities existent especially after Bo and Findley got hurt.  DD may not been ready and he may have thrown interceptions but I know the current course with Bo and Findley was not going to get the job done.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Carnell said:

So when alternative 2 does not prove to be better than 1 let's give up and not try anything else.  I know that 230 yards against a mediocre A&M team and 160 yards against Alabama after 4 overtime there was opportunities existent especially after Bo and Findley got hurt.  DD may not been ready and he may have thrown interceptions but I know the current course with Bo and Findley was not going to get the job done.

Fair enough.

7 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Of course. Every team is supposed to have a 3rd or 4th string QB ready. Who, he's if not better than, is at least equal to #1 and #2. Especially with a new offensive philosophy.

10 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Of course. Every team is supposed to have a 3rd or 4th string QB ready. Who, he's if not better than, is at least equal to #1 and #2. Especially with a new offensive philosophy.

That's something I'm not sure folks realize about the situation Harsin was in. QB3 doesn't get any meaningful reps during the season in most situations. He's definitely not getting any in the situation we were in.

I get what @Carnell is saying. Especially in the IB, when Finley was limping at the end. I remember feeling that way a couple times when Gus would leave clearly ineffectual players out there. Like, the next guy might be worse, but we're definitely going to lose with this guy, so we need to at least try the next guy.

But no, Dee Davis was not ready. There's no way he could have been once QB1 and QB2 were decided upon. And it wasn't going to happen after Bo went down. Finley needed more attention and reps than we had available himself. 

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's something I'm not sure folks realize about the situation Harsin was in. QB3 doesn't get any meaningful reps during the season in most situations. He's definitely not getting any in the situation we were in.

I get what @Carnell is saying. Especially in the IB, when Finley was limping at the end. I remember feeling that way a couple times when Gus would leave clearly ineffectual players out there. Like, the next guy might be worse, but we're definitely going to lose with this guy, so we need to at least try the next guy.

But no, Dee Davis was not ready. There's no way he could have been once QB1 and QB2 were decided upon. And it wasn't going to happen after Bo went down. Finley needed more attention and reps than we had available himself. 

I felt hope(less) watching it all unfold. Hanging by a thread. But yes, TJ needed reps, reps, and more reps to try and somewhat get up to speed with Bo. Then TJ gets hurt during the IB.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

I felt hope(less) watching it all unfold.

Reminded me of the 28-3 SuperBowl. Like watching Titanic.

I said/posted/texted "bama in OT" either late in the 3rd or early in the 4th. It was plain and day. And incredibly painful.

Hopeless is indeed the word. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Reminded me of the 28-3 SuperBowl. Like watching Titanic.

I said/posted/texted "bama in OT" either late in the 3rd or early in the 4th. It was plain and day. And incredibly painful.

Hopeless is indeed the word. 

Ngl so glad I was at a wedding when that game was going on

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Who in the hell gets married during the Iron Bowl?

People who live in Texas lol and don't give a rats cast about CFB.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

People who live in Texas lol and don't give a rats ass about CFB.

These must be the Cali ex-plants, whom are making Texas soft

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

These must be the Cali ex-plants, whom are making Texas soft

Hah I wish. Die hard trumpets actually. Good people for the most part though. Love their guns.