247 2022 Mock Draft

AuCivilEng1

He was a 5 star. That's how it works, when you are a big time guy like that all you need is that magical hear at the right time......And OU is probably the perfect place to make that happen

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

People still live in this antiquated delusion that QBs on the college level all need to operate in these insanely technical Patriots esque systems 

OU is about to put out 4 straight day 1 NFL QBs and they don’t follow that thought. Alabama just spammed PROs for 14 games or whatever. A guy that can run a damn near 4.3 and throw it maybe 75 yards IS a modern NFL QB

Alabama doesn't spam RPO, there is a sark coach clinic on YouTube you should watch if thats what you think. 

22 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

A guy that can run a damn near 4.3 and throw it maybe 75 yards IS a modern NFL QB

I am not so sure I agree with this sentiments. I still think they are mold breaking. I can only think of a handful of those who comes close to that who are primary starters. 

22 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Who does Auburn have that could be drafted next year?

QB - if the class is weak and Bo has a good year does he go?

RB - Worm?

TE&WR - too young

OL - will Hamm, Council, or anyone else get a look?

Dline - Most the top talent are young

LB - Will McClain or Pappoe be good enough to jump early?  Wooten?

DBs - McCreary is definitely good enough, Smoke?  Feel like I’m missing someone

ST - I think Anders is a senior.  He’ll be on an NFL team but maybe not drafted.

Who did I miss?

If Bo had an elite year he could get drafted. Council is the only other player on offense that will get drafted. 

McCreary should be a day 2 lock and could get into the 1st round with an elite year. Pappeo probably has a high ceiling, idk though. Smoke probably mid rounds. If an edge guy can have an elite season there is a chance. 

Love Zakoby but he's probably a bit on the small side for the NFL 

This article makes me feel a tinge better about the decision we made. I’ve been a bit concerned that this was our Frank Solich moment.

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

This article makes me feel a tinge better about the decision we made. I’ve been a bit concerned that this was our Frank Solich moment.

Two questions:

1. Why did you think that?

2. What specifically soothed your concerns?

On 5/7/2021 at 6:30 PM, cole256 said:

Lol you guys trip me out with that.....what else is he going to say, and him saying he could've been better isn't him saying it's not on Gus or him saying he didn't try. It's him saying something like even though I knew Gus wasn't going to let me play I could've still been the adult he wasn't being......

It should be taken at face value, many have days things like that just because it is custom and hasn't have said it and meant it. ultimately, only Malik knows the truth.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Two questions:

1. Why did you think that?

2. What specifically soothed your concerns?

Nebraska fired Solich because they felt they were slipping towards mediocrity. Well, now I think any Nebraska fan would give their right arm for the results they had during the Solich era. A lot of outlets and especially r/CFB have been very critical of us firing Malzahn. Obviously I was one of the loudest proponents but with my skepticism towards Harsin, I want to see every piece of evidence that we made the right decision. And if MW gets taken in the first round, that would be an example.

So yeah, I hate to be an a*****e to Gus, but I really hope he doesn't turn UCF into a power ala late 2006-11 Boise. 8-10 wins a year for them would be ok though.

34 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Nebraska fired Solich because they felt they were slipping towards mediocrity. Well, now I think any Nebraska fan would give their right arm for the results they had during the Solich era. A lot of outlets and especially r/CFB have been very critical of us firing Malzahn. Obviously I was one of the loudest proponents but with my skepticism towards Harsin, I want to see every piece of evidence that we made the right decision. And if MW gets taken in the first round, that would be an example.

So yeah, I hate to be an a*****e to Gus, but I really hope he doesn't turn UCF into a power ala late 2006-11 Boise. 8-10 wins a year for them would be ok though.

his soft weak program is hopefully taking it's last weak punches.  Toughness and greatness is hopefully our future as we transition to greatness.

On 5/5/2021 at 10:58 PM, DAG said:

I can’t believe spencer rattler is given this much love. Not hating but this might be one of the weakest QB classes I’ve seen in some time. 

It’ll only grow after this season. Last time I looked he’s favored to win the Heisman. Oklahoma will probably be back in the playoff. ESPN will pump his stock up. 

On 5/9/2021 at 2:10 AM, AUGunsmith said:

Alabama doesn't spam RPO, there is a sark coach clinic on YouTube you should watch if thats what you think. 

I just looked that up on YouTube. If I ever get 40 free minutes I’m going to watch. Looks interesting. 

17 minutes ago, woodford said:

It’ll only grow after this season. Last time I looked he’s favored to win the Heisman. Oklahoma will probably be back in the playoff. ESPN will pump his stock up. 

The hype is real 

18 minutes ago, woodford said:

Oh no doubt. Personally, I think JT Daniels wins the Heisman in 2021. 

Let’s hope not. If that is the case , UGA finally got over the hump.

14 hours ago, AUwent said:

You seriously haven't been paying attention at all the last 8 years or so. Especially if you mention "outlets" opinions on things. Who. Cares. The Solich comparison is very weak - entirely different for a myriad of reasons not even worth going into.

4 hours ago, woodford said:

I just looked that up on YouTube. If I ever get 40 free minutes I’m going to watch. Looks interesting. 

Its worth it. I watch a lot of these and sark is a genius. It's funny because he says in the 1st 5 mins that people think its just spam rpo 

19 hours ago, AUwent said:

I think it really remains to be seen. There was some serious issues with the way things were ran on this program the second the 2019 season ended, but I have some problem thinking that the last 12 months of Gus’s tenure typified the whole experience. 

That stretch ruined a lot of Auburn football for me, but thinking neutrally, is it possible to be worse than: contender (2013, 17, 19), disappointing (2014, 16, 18), borderline catastrophic (2015, 20)? I think so...but I think Harsin should be more consistent. I just pray it’s not the post 2004 Tuberville consistent where we’ll probably be top 2 in the west and top 4 in the SEC but still never really in the tier 1 nationally. Cause it’ll be really hard to “address” any type of perennial 9-10 win guy after the bad taste Gus left. 

49 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think it really remains to be seen. There was some serious issues with the way things were ran on this program the second the 2019 season ended, but I have some problem thinking that the last 12 months of Gus’s tenure typified the whole experience. 

That stretch ruined a lot of Auburn football for me, but thinking neutrally, is it possible to be worse than: contender (2013, 17, 19), disappointing (2014, 16, 18), borderline catastrophic (2015, 20)? I think so...but I think Harsin should be more consistent. I just pray it’s not the post 2004 Tuberville consistent where we’ll probably be top 2 in the west and top 4 in the SEC but still never really in the tier 1 nationally. Cause it’ll be really hard to “address” any type of perennial 9-10 win guy after the bad taste Gus left. 

2020 was very much like 2011. A normal schedule would've meant an 8-4 season (5-3 against the SEC teams we were going to play anyways, plus the three cupcakes, I'm guessing loss to USCe would've been replaced with a loss to UNC). But, it was an unbelievably lucky team.

I would lump 2018 in there with 2015, TBH. 

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

2020 was very much like 2011.

I’d be interested to see why you view that like that, I can only say that 2011 in part failed bc of how much was taken away from Gus

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’d be interested to see why you view that like that, I can only say that 2011 in part failed bc of how much was taken away from Gus

See my edit. To clarify what I mean, 2011 was the only time I've been absolutely sure we would have a losing season going in (I was, as Bird would say, 50/50 in 2016). My expectations were so low that I said pre-season that Chizik should get a statue and that it might be a better job than 2010 if he could get us to a bowl. Literally if you had told me that we would get the Chicken Bowl with an even record in the SEC pre-season, I would've been ecstatic. I was sure that if we could get that far, by December we'd be buzzing about how bright the future looked and that we would be an SEC title contender in 2012 onwards.

Well, the season came and went and by the end of it we were most certainly not in a good place. It was an incredibly deceiving record. We should have lost to USU, MSU, and USCe and probably to UF as well. But extreme luck pulled us through. And in our losses we were just as bad as we would be the following year. So yeah the writing was on the wall. Everyone makes fun of the concept of moral victories but that season taught me that yes it does matter how you look in losses.

It'll take a few years to get to where most of us would like to be, but I'm glad to finally get started in a different direction. The Malzahn era went stale years ago for me and it was never going to change. Harsin at least has a honeymoon period where he'll get a bit of a pass from all but the hard core crowd. I hope nobody expects him to come in and realistically pull a 1993 or 2013 type of season out of the hat. I think we are in for the late 90's Auburn until he is able to build the program the way he wants it. 

21 minutes ago, AUwent said:

See my edit. To clarify what I mean, 2011 was the only time I've been absolutely sure we would have a losing season going in (I was, as Bird would say, 50/50 in 2016). My expectations were so low that I said pre-season that Chizik should get a statue and that it might be a better job than 2010 if he could get us to a bowl. Literally if you had told me that we would get the Chicken Bowl with an even record in the SEC pre-season, I would've been ecstatic. I was sure that if we could get that far, by December we'd be buzzing about how bright the future looked and that we would be an SEC title contender in 2012 onwards.

Well, the season came and went and by the end of it we were most certainly not in a good place. It was an incredibly deceiving record. We should have lost to USU, MSU, and USCe and probably to UF as well. But extreme luck pulled us through. And in our losses we were just as bad as we would be the following year. So yeah the writing was on the wall. Everyone makes fun of the concept of moral victories but that season taught me that yes it does matter how you look in losses.

Gotcha. For what it’s worth, I still believe both 2011 and 2012 would’ve better than how they finished without the Board of trustees, but those defensive principles needed to go regardless. Chizik simply hired losers

2018 wasn’t catastrophic to me, I think there was too much gone from 2017 for that to be a title year but I guess you could argue that for 2015 too. I see the similarities, but I think the recent past trends define the difference, not to mention there were clear moments where 2018 looked like a team that should’ve been less awful than they were. 2015...I don’t think there was any way to pose that other than a disaster, esp outside of White, Barber, Carlson, KJ and Muschamp. I think that’s literally the only positives I remember

I’m a big believer in cyclical nature of recruiting and results on the field.  2012 I think was a big result of 2008’s poor recruiting just as I believe 2013 was a result of 2010.  2015 due to 2012 and 2018 due to 2015.  2016-17 due to 2013 ect.  I had hoped this season would reap the benefits of the 2017 season but based on the lines, I’m not so sure there would have been a pay off season.

On 5/10/2021 at 9:16 AM, DAG said:

Let’s hope not. If that is the case , UGA finally got over the hump.

I hope not but it’s very possible. 

So damn proud of this dude. Came a long way from throwing a bomb to UGA (And getting yelled at for it) to now getting a lot of hype and promotion as one of the top tier QBs in the nation. Look at those comments.

Archived