LSU Transfer QB TJ Finley COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!!!!

Zeek

Imagine that. Recruits and transfers wanting to compete for a starting job. How dare they.

Edited by slyinsocal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

think we land every single transfer we're currently publicly talking about.

Agree 

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah sure, but he's not going to be on scholly so will have to pay his own way.  Not sure if that'll matter.

If he comes he will be on scholarship. He won’t turn down PSU and Texas to walk on at AU. 

26 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Imagine that. Recruits and transfers wanting to compete for a starting job. How dare they.

And actually thinking they will be developed for the next level by guys who have that in their resume. What’s the world coming to?  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

If he comes he will be on scholarship. He won’t turn down PSU and Texas to walk on at AU. 

We are about to not have any space in our 21 class. 

He will not be on scholarship until the first day of practice. If he comes in the summer he has to pay his own way

I think some of y’all might be underestimating DDavis to compete for the qb job after Bo!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He will not be on scholarship until the first day of practice. If he comes in the summer he has to pay his own way

That’s not accurate. Go read the free rivals article that was just posted. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Not sure why anyone be upset about that especially with Gus's track record being horrible with QBs.

I'll praise Harsin for at least 5 years if he allows the 2nd string offense to run the full play book for 2-4 drives in the 4th quarter of our first two games

They insisted the kids couldn't throw despite never seeing them get any real reps. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

46 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

That’s not accurate. Go read the free rivals article that was just posted. 

My guy, c'mon.  I am right.  He can't go on scholarship until the first day of practice.  We'll sign at least 1 player between now and when he commits.  Our next commit is our last '21 spot.  Everyone after will be 22 "blueshirts" and can't go on scholly until the first practice. 

To qualify for a blueshirt a player must have been “unrecruited” meaning they did not take an official visit to the school, the coaching staff did not visit the player’s home, no National Letter of Intent was signed, and the athlete was given no form of athletic aid. If a player meets those standards then they can be put on scholarship on the first day of practice in August

Edited by W.E.D

29 minutes ago, Zeek said:

They insisted the kids couldn't throw despite never seeing them get any real reps. 

I honestly don't care if they couldn't throw.  Let them get some game reps in.  Even more of an indictment of Gus if true.

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I honestly don't care if they couldn't throw.  Let them get some game reps in.  Even more of an indictment of Gus if true.

The only time I saw Malik throw was in an Aday game and a beat down versus UGA.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, metafour said:

Have you considered that they see Finley as being more EASILY and more LIKELY correctable?

This is exactly what I was thinking makes this guy look so appealing. He's still a very fresh mold. Nix is on his 3rd OC and is thrown into the least talented version of his team, without any of his safety blankets, in the hardest offense he's seen (and one wildly different than any one he's played in). That's ALOT to ask of someone 

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

The only time I saw Malik throw was in an Aday game and a beat down versus UGA.

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It was the best throw I've seen vs Georgia by an Auburn QB since lol 

Pretty sure Gus yelled at him about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just reread something I typed way back in the thread. Not that anyone really cares, but I said that Bo is a mediocre QB at best. I meant to say he has been mediocre. I don't mean to suggest that his best is still going to be mediocre.

Sorry for the indulgence, back to Finley.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Still mad about how he chewed Matthew Hill. That kid never got a chance to be an actual receiver and not just a blocker.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He did.  Instead of laughing it off and saying don't do it again.  He chewed him out.  Still don't blame the kid.  I mean he hadn't attempted an actual pass until that point. 

That is probably the most absurd frustration (of many lol)  that Gus would do: never work on the passing game with the backups in a clearly overmatched result. Should have had his coaching license revoked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is exactly what I was thinking makes this guy look so appealing. He's still a very fresh mold. Nix is on his 3rd OC and is thrown into the least talented version of his team, without any of his safety blankets, in the hardest offense he's seen (and one wildly different than any one he's played in). That's ALOT to ask of someone 

We have a new coach and a new system. We have 2 guys  (potentially) who are going to be learning the offense. One guys, has a lot of bad habits built into his play. He has zero pocket awareness. His timer is broken. His mechanics have been flawed. The other guy doesn't seem to have those issues. 

So Bo will have to unlearn all of these bad habits on top of learning a new system. Finley just needs to learn a new system. 

Yes Bo has more time with HArsin and got Spring practice, but much of it was spent strictly on fixing these problems so is he really going to be that much far ahead? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

We have a new coach and a new system. We have 2 guys  (potentially) who are going to be learning the offense. One guys, has a lot of bad habits built into his play. He has zero pocket awareness. His timer is broken. His mechanics have been flawed. The other guy doesn't seem to have those issues. 

So Bo will have to unlearn all of these bad habits on top of learning a new system. Finley just needs to learn a new system. 

Yes Bo has more time with HArsin and got Spring practice, but much of it was spent strictly on fixing these problems so is he really going to be that much far ahead? 

I think we pretty much just said the same thing, so I don't really know what to say here, but I'd think there's not a world of difference between Ensminger's pro style and Bobo's concepts

29 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think we pretty much just said the same thing, so I don't really know what to say here, but I'd think there's not a world of difference between Ensminger's pro style and Bobo's concepts

Yea I accidentally quoted you and not the op that you had responded to. I was ultimately agreeing with you and responding to the other poster. Sorry for confusion!!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Gus knows how to manage his players better than anyone! 

I probably said that myself...

...in 2015. 

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

He did.  Instead of laughing it off and saying don't do it again.  He chewed him out.  Still don't blame the kid.  I mean he hadn't attempted an actual pass until that point. 

That is probably the most absurd frustration (of many lol)  that Gus would do: never work on the passing game with the backups in a clearly overmatched result. Should have had his coaching license revoked.

Is this real?

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So why is Finley transferring? 

Obviously he is not a QB savant or .....let me check the stats:

Hmmm.   1:1 TD to interception ratio...

What are his issues?

STATS

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
80 140 57.1 941 6.7 5

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

So why is Finley transferring? 

Obviously he is not a QB savant or .....let me check the stats:

Hmmm.   1:1 TD to interception ratio...

What are his issues?

STATS

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
80 140 57.1 941 6.7 5

A true freshman and LSU sucked.  And too many of their players just didn't give a crap.  The kid has potential and we would be lucky to get him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1