LSU Transfer QB TJ Finley COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!!!!

Zeek

On 5/13/2021 at 2:12 PM, BigBlueWDE said:

I think it's more of an indictment of Grant Loy than Bo, honestly. I think he will be given a serious shot at starting, but you gotta give that nod to Bo if the competition is even close to start the season. But they know that Loy isn't going to seriously push Bo from a competition standpoint. Hope he picks the good guys

Exactly. This isn't about Bo at all. We need depth at QB and Loy should never see the field under any circumstance.  Ideally, Davis would redshirt and Finley serve as QB2. If he can push Bo, great, but I just see this as a way to stagger the QBs a bit so we're not always having to turn to a freshman.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

Exactly. This isn't about Bo at all. We need depth at QB and Loy should never see the field under any circumstance.  Ideally, Davis would redshirt and Finley serve as QB2. If he can push Bo, great, but I just see this as a way to stagger the QBs a bit so we're not always having to turn to a freshman.

The kid is not coming here for depth. Now if it is an open competition and Bo just out-duels him and it works out that way GREAT. However, he is coming in to start. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

No one is wrong yet.  What people are talking about hasn't happened. Maybe Finely wins the job and I'm wrong. Maybe Bo gets real coaching and is a successful QB. 

We don't know yet

If we don’t know, and you know we don’t know, then what is the point of beating the drum that “IM JUST GIVING AN OPINION” again and again 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If we don’t know, and you know we don’t know, then what is the point of beating the drum that “IM JUST GIVING AN OPINION” again and again 

He likes to hear himself talk?  (metaphorically)

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Seems bothsides are just stating why they think their opinion will be right. 

13 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

He likes to hear himself talk?  (metaphorically)

I like to discuss and debate things. Message boards would be pretty awful if no one posted opinions/had conversations 

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

No one is wrong yet.  What people are talking about hasn't happened. Maybe Finely wins the job and I'm wrong. Maybe Bo gets real coaching and is a successful QB. 

We don't know yet

I get the feeling you may be lumping the people on AUF with another group of Auburn fans, because no one here is talking about that Finley is likely to unseat Bo as the starter. When I got back on FB and went to the Auburn group I'm a part of on there, I ran into a guy saying adamantly DD needed to be given the keys, and we don't need Finley. And then there was someone saying that Davis was horrible, Finley was going to be the savior. And neither one really liked my comment that Bo was likely to be the starter, regardless of anything else.

So maybe you just don't realize that no one here is spewing that garbage. From what I've seen, DAG is adamant that it will be an open competition (and frankly, I agree that it will be, because while Finley will hopefully accept the backup role, should he not beat Bo out, there's no way he comes here if he doesn't think he has a chance to take the job away from his competition). Everyone else seems to think Bo will likely win the competition, but that he needs a legit competitor to push him and provide a backup while DD redshirts and learns the speed of this level. 

Which seems to be what you believe. So can we just shake hands (virtually) and be friends now?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I get the feeling you may be lumping the people on AUF with another group of Auburn fans, because no one here is talking about that Finley is likely to unseat Bo as the starter. When I got back on FB and went to the Auburn group I'm a part of on there, I ran into a guy saying adamantly DD needed to be given the keys, and we don't need Finley. And then there was someone saying that Davis was horrible, Finley was going to be the savior. And neither one really liked my comment that Bo was likely to be the starter, regardless of anything else.

So maybe you just don't realize that no one here is spewing that garbage. From what I've seen, DAG is adamant that it will be an open competition (and frankly, I agree that it will be, because while Finley will hopefully accept the backup role, should he not beat Bo out, there's no way he comes here if he doesn't think he has a chance to take the job away from his competition). Everyone else seems to think Bo will likely win the competition, but that he needs a legit competitor to push him and provide a backup while DD redshirts and learns the speed of this level. 

Which seems to be what you believe. So can we just shake hands (virtually) and be friends now?

There have been a lot of posts here about DD winning the job this past spring. People in this very thread think he'll beat out Bo and is better than Bo. 

Facebook is cesspool. 

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

That is completely false. There is a difference in disliking someone and being critical of their performance. Stop it already man. This is insane with these straw man arguments.

I have one wife who twist words around already....certainly don't need a 2nd.

I didn't realize you and I are in laws

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

So can we just shake hands (virtually) and be friends now?

Who is enemies here? We just disagree on if a guy potentially on our team will be our starting QB. 

I don't think he will. Harsin, like all coaches who recruit well, will tell him he has a shot to compete. He'll get that shot and not win it, IMO. The whole thread is pretty much arguing if he is good enough to beat out Bo. Most thinks he can, I don't. 

No one is enemies 

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

@W.E.Dyou are the Bo Nix of this forum. Flashes of brilliance but you don't seem to listen and sometimes just hurl sh*t in the air. 

For the record, I enjoy this modus operandi much more in a message board poster than my starting quarterback. 

This should get “Post of the week” honors if there is such a thing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, cbo said:

@W.E.Dyou are the Bo Nix of this forum. Flashes of brilliance but you don't seem to listen and sometimes just hurl sh*t in the air. 

For the record, I enjoy this modus operandi much more in a message board poster than my starting quarterback. 

I'm just happy you can see thst we both, at times, can be awesome

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm just happy you can see thst we both, at times, can be awesome

No doubt. I'm pulling for you both. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

The level of stupid in that Auburn group on Facebook is something I cannot deal with. I'm convinced the majority of those idiots are showering with a mask on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I think it's pretty cut and dry what's likely to happen.

Bo Nix will be QB1 in all likelihood. Even if you love Finley he'd be coming in incredibly late and his prior experience isn't as extensive as Bo's.

Finley is however experienced enough to serve two purposes. The first is providing depth and I bet he'd be QB1 if Bo were to go down with an injury; helping save the team from having to trust a developmental freshman. Second, he brings competition for Bo and for QB1 in the future.

It's a VERY good position to have Finley vs Davis vs Geriner once Bo departs. We have to be afraid of the "what if this guy leaves" mentality. Have go get go a point where we're not selling early starting time and telling kids they'll have to compete and sometimes wait their turn.

Finley is a positive in every sense of the word. Not a single negative comes from his addition. In some off chance he comes in and beats out Bo that means he's REALLY freaking good. 

We have to quit picking favorites and worry more about what's best for Auburn. Too many are worried about Dematrius instead of our team as a whole. I too think he's a great QB and hope he ends up being QB1 but... if he can't beat out Finley that's just how it falls.

Football is a cold world and with the NIL coming it's about to be more of a business mentality than it already is.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Bo is going to win the Heisman this year. 

I see what you did here!

17 hours ago, DAG said:

The kid is not coming here for depth. Now if it is an open competition and Bo just out-duels him and it works out that way GREAT. However, he is coming in to start. 

Lol. I'm not sure I've ever seen a recruit say "DAG is exactly right" before.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Now I know what skip bayless felt like when Tom Brady gave him a shout out hahaha 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Mentality I want from every transfer or recruit! Should come in with the expectation to legitimately compete.

• Thanks 1

the message from fist-year head coach Bryan Harsin and offensive coordinator Mike Bobo was, according to Finley, “very clear” — they want him to come in and try to compete for the starting job this fall.

And this is a great thing! Don’t know why anyone would be upset by this 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

the message from fist-year head coach Bryan Harsin and offensive coordinator Mike Bobo was, according to Finley, “very clear” — they want him to come in and try to compete for the starting job this fall.

And this is a great thing! Don’t know why anyone would be upset by this 

If you're actually a fan of the university and the program- as opposed to fans of a nice guy coach, or fans of a warm and fuzzy legacy story, or fans of 5*s who they perceive to have done us a kindness by choosing Auburn- then hell yes, this is what you want to hear. 

Literally everyone would be perfectly happy for an OT or a WR to walk in and win a starting job day 1. Not sure why we'd feel any differently about QB. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Literally everyone would be perfectly happy for an OT or a WR to walk in and win a starting job day 1. Not sure why we'd feel any differently about QB. 

Exactly!  

The best play. PERIOD.

• Like 2