Justice bares her breasts

TexasTiger

washingtonpost.com

Ashcroft Gone, Justice Statues Disrobe

By MARK SHERMAN

The Associated Press

Friday, June 24, 2005; 7:24 PM

WASHINGTON -- With barely a word about it, workers at the Justice Department Friday removed the blue drapes that have famously covered two scantily clad statues for the past 3 1/2 years.

Spirit of Justice, with her one breast exposed and her arms raised, and the bare-chested male Majesty of Law basked in the late afternoon light of Justice's ceremonial Great Hall.

The drapes, installed in 2002 at a cost of $8,000, allowed then-Attorney General John Ashcroft to speak in the Great Hall without fear of a breast showing up behind him in television or newspaper pictures. They also provoked jokes about and criticism of the deeply religious Ashcroft.

The 12-foot, 6-inch aluminum statues were installed shortly after the building opened in the 1930s.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...2401373_pf.html

The 12-foot, 6-inch aluminum statues were installed shortly after the building opened in the 1930s.

And you're happy about some 70+ yr old broad showing her breast ? Dude, you're sick!

And you're happy about some 70+ yr old broad showing her breast ? Dude, you're sick!

165715[/snapback]

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

165715[/snapback]

Who said I was happy? Happy, for you, maybe, since it might be your only chance to see anything resembling a woman.

Covering those statues was absolutely one of the stupidest things I have ever heard of. They have been in the bldg for 70+ years and no one complained before. They were not indecent.

Ashcroft was just overreacting like some of our extreme fundamentalists brethren do from time to time.

Ashcroft hated our freedoms.

165754[/snapback]

For all the moaning and gnashing of teeth over how horrible Ashcroft was, just exactly how did he show that he hated our freedoms ? What was it he did that was so horrific and how did it literally impact your life ? What freedoms did you actually have curtailed or revoked?

Ashcroft hated our freedoms. :rolleyes:

165754[/snapback]

Ashcroft was just overreacting like some of our extreme fundamentalists brethren do from time to time

Al, in many ways you over react just as bad as those fundamentalists you hate so much. He was in office for years. I never saw any impact at all on my life nor anyone I know. Give one speech at Bob Jones University and be hated the rest of your life by some very closed minded individuals.

David & Raptor, don't worry about Al, he is just parroting what he was told by Howie Dean or the folks at moveon.org.

David & Raptor, don't worry about Al, he is just parroting what he was told by Howie Dean or the folks at moveon.org.

165788[/snapback]

FEAR THE DEAN!!!!!!!! :lol:

165788[/snapback]

I really wasn't waiting for a coherent reply from Al.......well, yeah, I guess I was. Silly me.

Archived