Chizik 2010 vs Harsin 2022 recruiting

Mikey

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

South Carolina went through the same thing and improved from 2-8 to 7-6.

What team did South Carolina beat that had a winning record?

43 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Then try Tennessee. Improved from from 3-7 to 7-6 with their new coach

Besides South Carolina and Kentucky, who did Tennessee beat?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

What team did South Carolina beat that had a winning record?

Besides South Carolina and Kentucky, who did Tennessee beat?

Besides three gimme games and three teams that Gus beat last year, who did Harsin beat?

@Mikey While you're laughing, neither team had a win anywhere close to on par with Auburn's over Ole Miss.

Now, no, we didn't have a good season by any stretch of the imagination. But the fact that you keep harping on how this most certainly means we're not going to be any good for the next two to three years is completely and utterly asinine. I don't know why I let myself get caught into going back and forth with you.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Besides three gimme games and three teams that Gus beat last year, who did Harsin beat?

Gus did beat Ole Miss last year, so my initial post was in error, but they weren't ranked in the top 10 at the time like they were when we beat them this year.

By the way, you realize that the OTHER position group we've been harping on being bad is wide receiver, and our top 3 WRs are gone from the 2020 team. You DO know that, right?

Just now, Rednilla said:

Gus did beat Ole Miss last year, so my initial post was in error, but they weren't ranked in the top 10 at the time like they were when we beat them this year.

By the way, you realize that the OTHER position group we've been harping on being bad is wide receiver, and our top 3 WRs are gone from the 2020 team. You DO know that, right?

Keep on trying to put lipstick on the pig that was Auburn's 2021 season. Excuses, excuses excuses. In the end, AU had a losing record in spite of having three gimme games. I just pointed out two SEC teams in the same or worse circumstances as AU was in who improved themselves. If they could do it, we should have improved too. We did not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mikey said:

Keep on trying to put lipstick on the pig that was Auburn's 2021 season. Excuses, excuses excuses. In the end, AU had a losing record in spite of having three gimme games. I just pointed out two SEC teams in the same or worse circumstances as AU was in who improved themselves. If they could do it, we should have improved too. We did not.

I have never once said that we had a good season this year. I'm arguing against the asinine line of thought you have that any competent coach could come in and do better than Gus in 2020, no matter that they have different philosophies. Or that they have no WR threats to stretch the field, meaning everything else on offense gets worse.

You're a troll. Plain and simple. You're not worth my time.

• Love 1

Whatever happened to,. "when he's  not our coach, I won't defend him" ?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Don't like the USCe reference? Then try Tennessee. Improved from from 3-7 to 7-6 with their new coach and that after losing an even 30 players to transfers out and crawfishing on letters of intent.

Different schemes is a lame excuse looking for a place to hide.

Yet when I brought up Heupel as a possible replacement for Gus, you told us how bad he was.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Whatever happened to,. "when he's  not our coach, I won't defend him" ?

Maybe Mikey secretly entered the transfer portal a year ago and is only back here to antagonize those who think "his" coach is the primary source of Auburn's down year in 2021?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Harsin beat the 10 win team playing in the damn Sugar Bowl.  He was also the first AU coach in 22 years to win in Baton Rouge.  Gus didn't do that over 4 tries (6 if you count his OC stint).

For the record, Gus didn't beat a single team in 2020 that had more than 5 wins.  Lets not act like he did anything great by going 6-4 against one of the weakest possible all SEC schedules we could have played.  Two of those wins were gifted to us by the refs (Ole Miss and Arkansas).  And Gus lost to an objectively worse South Carolina team last year than Harsin did this year.

But you're right.  Harsin did nothing this year with just a loaded squad......

• Like 1
  • Love 5

8 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I don't know why I let myself get caught into going back and forth with you.

An advantage to not being a mod...the capability to put people on ignore.

The last few pages of this thread have been a bunch of "You've chosen to ignore content by Mikey." sections

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Yet when I brought up Heupel as a possible replacement for Gus, you told us how bad he was.

I did. His teams at UCF were headed in a straight line downward direction. And yet, he had a better first year than our guy had. That should give anybody a reason to pause and question what's going on.

Quote: "Whatever happened to,. "when he's  not our coach, I won't defend him" ? "

I made the inaccurate assumption that the haters here would move on. Oh, how wrong that was! As long as we have people blaming Gus for everything from the hole in the water bucket to 2022 recruiting failures, I guess I'll keep on responding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I did. His teams at UCF were headed in a straight line downward direction. And yet, he had a better first year than our guy had. That should give anybody a reason to pause and question what's going on.

Quote: "Whatever happened to,. "when he's  not our coach, I won't defend him" ? "

I made the inaccurate assumption that the haters here would move on. Oh, how wrong that was! As long as we have people blaming Gus for everything from the hole in the water bucket to 2022 recruiting failures, I guess I'll keep on responding.

Interesting

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Yet you constantly criticize our current coach, blaming him for problems he didn't create. Are you SURE you didn't follow Big Kat in the transfer portal?

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

I made the inaccurate assumption that the haters here would move on.

Come on, Mikey.  I’ve moved on.  Give me credit.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Come on, Mikey.  I’ve moved on.  Give me credit.

Sadly, many here have Gus so deeply embedded in their brains that I don't think they are capable of moving on.

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Yet you constantly criticize our current coach, blaming him for problems he didn't create.

One problem our current coach clearly created: He took a team that Gus coached to 6-4 in significant games and drove it down to 3-7 in significant games.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

One problem our current coach clearly created: He took a team that Gus coached to 6-4 in significant games and drove it down to 3-7 in significant games.

🙄 Really, it was the same team? So where were Seth Williams, Anthony Schwartz, and Eli Stove? Because they were all there in 2020 to help go 6-4. They combined for more than 1,700 of the 2,400 yards receiving we had. In fact, no other player even had 100 yards.

I can see how losing them would have absolutely no effect on the team's chances of winning. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 12/31/2021 at 2:28 PM, Rednilla said:

🙄 Really, it was the same team? So where were Seth Williams, Anthony Schwartz, and Eli Stove? Because they were all there in 2020 to help go 6-4. They combined for more than 1,700 of the 2,400 yards receiving we had. In fact, no other player even had 100 yards.

I can see how losing them would have absolutely no effect on the team's chances of winning. 

He’ll ignore this, but talk about records and holes in buckets all day.

7 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

He’ll ignore this, but talk about records and holes in buckets all day.

Yep. He is going to die on that 6-4 record hill,  as he has been throwing around forever.

Even though he knows too that of those 6 wins, and I dont care if it was ALL SEC teams, All but 1 ended up under .500 for the year. In other words he beat mediocre teams to help get those 6 wins.  

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2021 at 4:28 PM, Rednilla said:

Clue: Turnover in personnel has been a fact of life in college football since there has been college football. Players play their years, hopefully graduate and move on with life. That's a constant.

Here's our returning WR corps, scholarship players only: S. Jackson, Z. Capers, E. Canion, C. Newton, J. Johnson, T. Dawson, K. Hudson, M. Johnson, J. Evans. These are not fall-back types, most if not all had offers from other major college schools. Add transfer pickup D-Robertson and that was plenty of replacements. These guys were available for observation/training through winter workouts, spring practice and fall camp. Where was the expected "coaching up"? Hudson had normal improvement for someone going from his freshman to soph years. Who else improved?

As far as the team in total goes, we had fewer losses to graduation and drop-outs than in any year I can recall.  Losing  starters in college football is the norm, not something to whine about.

7 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Yep. He is going to die on that 6-4 record hill,  as he has been throwing around forever.

Even though he knows too that of those 6 wins, and I dont care if it was ALL SEC teams, All but 1 ended up under .500 for the year. In other words he beat mediocre teams to help get those 6 wins.  

Maybe if our new coach hadn't gone 3-7 in major games I wouldn't be mentioning it. 6-4 looks pretty good when compared to 3-7.

36 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Maybe if our new coach hadn't gone 3-7 in major games I wouldn't be mentioning it. 6-4 looks pretty good when compared to 3-7.

Since we’re making wild assumptions. 

Arnada went 3-7 last year and just won the Sugar Bowl. Does this mean Harsin’s gonna do the same?

• Haha 1