Chizik 2010 vs Harsin 2022 recruiting

Mikey

2 hours ago, Taco said:

Since we’re making wild assumptions. 

Arnada went 3-7 last year and just won the Sugar Bowl. Does this mean Harsin’s gonna do the same?

What would be said if the refs had actually made the right calls in two of those wins?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Taco said:

Since we’re making wild assumptions. 

Arnada went 3-7 last year and just won the Sugar Bowl. Does this mean Harsin’s gonna do the same?

One can only hope.

On 12/31/2021 at 12:30 AM, Mikey said:

Besides three gimme games and three teams that Gus beat last year, who did Harsin beat?

What good teams did Gus beat last year? No teams with winning records. Every loss last year was by double digits except to 2 win South Carolina which we only lost by 8. Is that what we are debating here? 6-5 in year 8 of Malzahn vs 3-7, using your metric for counting wins, in year 1 for Harsin? Is that supposed to prove we made some kind of mistake getting rid of Malzahn because he beat 6 average to terrible teams but lost to the 4 good teams and the worst team we played?

How many wins do we get last year if Nix breaks his ankle and we are playing Cord Sandberg? You don't see how that injury affected the team at the end of the year and how having no proper depth at QB impacted the record this year? But I suppose the lack of depth was also Harsin's fault? 

Did you say Malzahn was a bad hire after 2015 in year 3 when we went 7-6, 4-6 against real teams, which is a losing season by your metric of counting wins, and 2-6 against the SEC? 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/2/2022 at 10:55 AM, Mikey said:

Clue: Turnover in personnel has been a fact of life in college football since there has been college football. Players play their years, hopefully graduate and move on with life. That's a constant.

Here's our returning WR corps, scholarship players only: S. Jackson, Z. Capers, E. Canion, C. Newton, J. Johnson, T. Dawson, K. Hudson, M. Johnson, J. Evans. These are not fall-back types, most if not all had offers from other major college schools. Add transfer pickup D-Robertson and that was plenty of replacements. These guys were available for observation/training through winter workouts, spring practice and fall camp. Where was the expected "coaching up"? Hudson had normal improvement for someone going from his freshman to soph years. Who else improved?

As far as the team in total goes, we had fewer losses to graduation and drop-outs than in any year I can recall.  Losing  starters in college football is the norm, not something to whine about.

You're moving the goal posts again. You previously talked about how he got all the players back because of the COVID year. Except, no, he didn't, he lost virtually every bit of production from his receivers group. What happened this season? A plethora of drops stymied the offense. You don't think that, at the very least, the lack of experience contributed to those drops?

12 hours ago, Rednilla said:

You're moving the goal posts again. You previously talked about how he got all the players back because of the COVID year. Except, no, he didn't, he lost virtually every bit of production from his receivers group. What happened this season? A plethora of drops stymied the offense. You don't think that, at the very least, the lack of experience contributed to those drops?

Nonsense. I'm moving nothing.  We had a full set of players coming back without the virus being involved. AU lost three wide receivers. So what? All college teams lose some players, we lost fewer than most. Above I listed the returnees at the WR position. There were nine That's plenty of scholarship players to make a stew with. An initially hired WR coach had to be fired but that's got nothing to do with the quality that was on hand. A mistake in hiring may have affected their development but the players were there.

Boo-hoo ing about WR moving on is nothing but excuse making.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just too sad

Now if it was LB's numbers don't count just quality. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Nonsense. I'm moving nothing.  We had a full set of players coming back without the virus being involved. AU lost three wide receivers. So what? All college teams lose some players, we lost fewer than most. Above I listed the returnees at the WR position. There were nine That's plenty of scholarship players to make a stew with. An initially hired WR coach had to be fired but that's got nothing to do with the quality that was on hand. A mistake in hiring may have affected their development but the players were there.

Boo-hoo ing about WR moving on is nothing but excuse making.

Your #1 reason a change needed to be made. What was it?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

Your #1 reason a change needed to be made. What was it?

Did you fail to see where I said I didn't see the won/loss record getting much better over time? With the alleged better coaching AU should have been a 10-win team this season. Sadly....that didn't happen.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Did you fail to see where I said I didn't see the won/loss record getting much better over time? With the alleged better coaching AU should have been a 10-win team this season. Sadly....that didn't happen.

It is sad. The new HC was supposed to achieve a 10 win season, whereas the previous HC was not expected to. So back to the reasons for the change. What specific areas were causing the W/L record not to improve?

Edited by slyinsocal
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 8:34 AM, slyinsocal said:

What specific areas were causing the W/L record not to improve?

Dropping games to Tennessee and South Carolina. Of course, by not playing Tennessee this past season, we managed to drop one to Mississippi State, as a replacement I suppose.

• Haha 2

On 12/31/2021 at 1:47 AM, Rednilla said:

Maybe Mikey secretly entered the transfer portal a year ago and is only back here to antagonize those who think "his" coach is the primary source of Auburn's down year in 2021?

On 12/31/2021 at 1:47 AM, Rednilla said:

Maybe Mikey secretly entered the transfer portal a year ago and is only back here to antagonize those who think "his" coach is the primary source of Auburn's down year in 2021?

Maybe 'Mikey' is Gus's screen name?