Chizik 2010 vs Harsin 2022 recruiting

Mikey

47 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He turned over a 6-4 team, that's 6-4 against an all-SEC schedule. A team that had all the key ingredients returning. Gus turned over an experienced team that lost the fewest to graduation and transfer that we've ever lost. He turned over a team that had never had a losing record.

The best we could do this year is 3-6 against our major competition. There is doubt as to weather you know football or not, but it's clear that you can't do elementary school arithmetic.

WRs? DLine? Depth? A healthy 3 year starting QB to finish the season with? A backup, battle tested QB already on the roster, ready to go? You mean those key ingredients?

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

People saying Harsin doesn't have name recognition have zero idea what they're talking about.  Harsin is a very well known, well thought of coach. Maybe people need to expand their knowledge base before flippant, ignorant comments.

Well Bird, it helps when said folks think they know literally everything 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Gus choked in both NC games, Ted Roof won us that NC.

Uh oh....

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Probability is that we'll have a new coach by January 2024 because the poor won/loss record demands a change. I do like your version better but it's not what happens in the real world.

3 years. Even though he arrived with a far better winning resume (74-24), than any new head coach in our lifetime. Chizik (5-19) got 4 years. Barfield (0-0) got 5 years. There is no basis for this probability.

• Love 2

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

People saying Harsin doesn't have name recognition have zero idea what they're talking about.  Harsin is a very well known, well thought of coach. Maybe people need to expand their knowledge base before flippant, ignorant comments.

Uh… this is AUF. That’s what we do….

F646EAB2-01C3-4B35-9A71-962E8E6BDED4.gif

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, aubaseball said:

What you fail to take into account

Oh he takes it into account, realizes it sinks his point, and then purposely and promptly  ignores it.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Oh he takes it into account, realizes it sinks his point, and then purposely and promptly  ignores it.

Who are you guys talking about lol jk

• Haha 1

I don't know why some of you guys give this goof some life. Legit 75% of his post is about Gus in some form or fashion.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

At your age, you need to be careful 

Nope had my cardio, Dr. Rothbart, visit Monday gave me a clean bill of health EKG was good blood pressure was perfect heart sounded good so on and so on. So bring it on little yellow one

• Love 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Nope had my cardio, Dr. Rothbart, visit Monday gave me a clean bill of health EKG was good blood pressure was perfect heart sounded good so on and so on. So bring it on little yellow one

Auburn has terminated Bryan Harsins contract and rehired Gus Malzshn.

(Congrats and keep those positive waves wavin'.)

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

42 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Auburn has terminated Bryan Harsins contract and rehired Gus Malzshn.

(Congrats and keep those positive waves wavin'.)

10 year 120 million dollar contract, fully guaranteed. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

that is just because he really, really, dreads your appointments and wants to keep them as far apart as to what is ethical.

9 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

3 years. Even though he arrived with a far better winning resume (74-24), than any new head coach in our lifetime. Chizik (5-19) got 4 years. Barfield (0-0) got 5 years. There is no basis for this probability.

There is solid basis for this probability. Look at the teams I posted above. The norm is to go through 3,4, or more coaches before a school hits on a keeper. We've been lucky. Even Chizik, who crashed and burned in year four, won a national championship in his second year. Sooner or later our luck will run out and we'll be on the Tennessee treadmill.

Harsin's record at BSU won't buy him much time at AU. He'll have to come up with some good wins by the end of year three if he wants to stay longer.

9 hours ago, auburnphan said:

that is just because he really, really, dreads your appointments and wants to keep them as far apart as to what is ethical.

Thanks that make me feel so so much better. You are too kind numnuts 

48 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Thanks that make me feel so so much better. You are too kind numnuts 

It should, not so easy finding an ethical doctor these days, lol.

On 12/23/2021 at 9:40 AM, slyinsocal said:

So we admit it's tougher for Auburn to compete recruiting wise. Therefore, we can't complain when the Cristobals, Kellys, Meyers, and Bob Stoops of the world don't have the courage to take on that challenge. The one guy who was semi available, clearly is not an elite coach, and obviously prefers the easier path at an Oregon or a Miami.

Knowing all that, there is no choice, no alternative. Why not give Harsin 10,000% of your support and encourage his success, through thick AND thin? I would HOPE that we appreciate the one guy, with the winning pedigree, and the guts to accept this challenge. Either you're all in, or not.

If you want flash and dash and instant success, pull for uat or thuga.

I never expected us to land the "Kellys, Meyers, and Bob Stoops of the world." I don't believe we need them to succeed. I do expect us to land someone like Kiffin or Napier. Which leads us to the debate over where Harsin falls, and why I'm so conflicted, since obviously we have a really good defensive class--so maybe he is the level I wanted. But then I look at the offense, and I see where Viper's argument might hold water.

Also, the scheduling is why I think we need to start thinking more about how the SEC looks after the realignment. 

On 12/22/2021 at 9:22 PM, Viper said:

He might have been a great hire for us in 1999 or maybe 2009, but the SEC is too loaded now.

So what would you count as a good hire in a couple years if your prediction is true? I think Dell would be worth a shot because of his clout in the south and because another former Georgia position coach/assistant head coach has done really well so far with just as brutal a schedule as us. But obviously, I'd prefer for Red to be correct, and credit is still deserved for currently ranking 13th.

Edited by AUwent
  • Facepalm 1

On 12/23/2021 at 10:37 AM, Mikey said:

There is doubt as to weather you know football or not, but it's clear that you can't do elementary school arithmetic.

*whether 

You did do vocabulary in elementary school, didn't you?

• Haha 1

On 12/23/2021 at 9:11 AM, Mikey said:

Probability is that we'll have a new coach by January 2024 because the poor won/loss record demands a change. I do like your version better but it's not what happens in the real world.

I didn't say he'd be gone. I said if he is, it's because he's in the NFL. Personally, I think Harsin will be the head coach for a good long while, but if we ARE successful, he's going to be an attractive target for other programs, and potentially the NFL. *NOTE* I don't think he's the type to leave for another program, as long as the fan base doesn't run him off with unrealistic expectations.

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I didn't say he'd be gone. I said if he is, it's because he's in the NFL. Personally, I think Harsin will be the head coach for a good long while, but if we ARE successful, he's going to be an attractive target for other programs, and potentially the NFL. *NOTE* I don't think he's the type to leave for another program, as long as the fan base doesn't run him off with unrealistic expectations.

You do realize you're talking about Auburn fans right.  I've seen it all from both AU & bama fan bases.  I remember overhearing a conversation between Fred Sington and some others about how they needed to get rid of the bear.  This was in 1975 or so before he turned it around.  Also some AU folks wanted to get rid of Dye after a few losses to bama and in particularly to Texas when we were ranked so high.  Fans are very fickle and 99.9% of the time don't know diddly about what they are talking about.  (And I count myself among this group).

6 hours ago, Rednilla said:

What is a realistic expectation for 2022? 2023? How long before it becomes realistic to expect to lose fewer than 5 games a year?  We fired the previous coach for losing 4 to 5 a year. So how long before Harsin scales the heights and has a 9-3 regular season?

• Love 1

On 12/27/2021 at 10:31 PM, Mikey said:

What is a realistic expectation for 2022? 2023? How long before it becomes realistic to expect to lose fewer than 5 games a year?  We fired the previous coach for losing 4 to 5 a year. So how long before Harsin scales the heights and has a 9-3 regular season?

Will you support Harsin for 8+ years if he loses 4-5 per year?

• Like 1