Chizik 2010 vs Harsin 2022 recruiting

Mikey

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Buddy, I was done chasing your goalposts yesterday. The point literally changes with every post you make. I regret re-entering this conversation.

You can play Mike “Next question” Ditka all you want. No one asked you to stay…buddy. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

They won 8 games. Yay! They lost to our 3 main rivals by a combined score of 132-31. That's attrition and piss poor coaching. Also, are *you* sure you just haven't forgotten that 2012 was right around the corner for Eugene?

It’s 2 more than Harsin won this season with a lot more talent.

LSU & bammer played twice for the National Title in 2011. They were supposed to annihilate AU.

Are *you* sure another “2012” isn’t right around the corner?

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Anyway, the 2022 recruiting class will be ranked meaningfully lower than the 2010 class and has every chance to be meaningfully better. 

And like Chiz, Harsin may not survive to coach them till they’re through. It may be the next Group of Five HC we hire. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Oh dear. 

-I have not dismissed the seniors at all. 2011 was Chizik's 3rd year. That's, we'll call it, 2 1/2 recruiting classes. Remember, this whole conversation started with someone trying to claim that 2010 class was something special. 

-They won 8 games. Yay! They lost to our 3 main rivals by a combined score of 132-31. That's attrition and piss poor coaching. Also, are *you* sure you just haven't forgotten that 2012 was right around the corner for Eugene?

-I'm sorry, but the whole "coaches play down to their competition" thing isn't giving credit to... coaches? 

-Please don't be little brother Auburn guy who thinks any objective commentary on Auburn that happens to be negative is somehow resultant from bama's influence. Please don't do that. I'd like to think you're better than that. 

Uh, I'm not sure you're getting the point. You said without Cam, they win a max of 8 games. But you take away all but one of the major pieces of that team, and they still won 8 games the next year. So, in essence, you are suggesting that Cam was the only player from the 2010 team that wasn't better than his replacement a year later. I'm sorry, I just can't see that, which is why I asked if perhaps you weren't buying too much into bammer propaganda. If, after considering it, you don't think them constantly saying Cam was all we had in 2010 shaded your view somewhat in retrospect, then okay, I'll accept it, but it's not being little brother, it's being in such close proximity and having to hear it constantly that does it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Viper said:

LSU & bammer played twice for the National Title in 2011. They were supposed to annihilate AU.

UGA & bammer might well end up playing twice for the National Title. Shouldn't they have both annihilated AU this year, by your logic?

4 hours ago, Viper said:

And like Chiz, Harsin may not survive to coach them till they’re through. It may be the next Group of Five HC we hire. 

No, for your analogy to work, that needs to be Derek Mason. Because while Chizik isn't the one who was head coach when the freshmen from 2010 finished playing at Auburn, the offensive coordinator still was. Chizik was a defensive coach, Harsin is an offensive coach, so the opposite coordinator would be the parallel.

But don't let me get in the way of you bashing our coach.

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

If, after considering it, you don't think them constantly saying Cam was all we had in 2010 shaded your view somewhat in retrospect, then okay

It's been 11 years since that 2010 season. Yes, I'd say I've considered most angles of it by now. No, bama fan emotions don't shade my view of a singled damned thing except bama fans. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's been 11 years since that 2010 season. Yes, I'd say I've considered most angles of it by now. No, bama fan emotions don't shade my view of a singled damned thing except bama fans. 

Fair enough. I don't agree with you about how good that 2010 team would have been without Cam... but I don't think it was as good as Viper seems to, either...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

Fair enough. I don't agree with you about how good that 2010 team would have been without Cam... but I don't think it was as good as Viper seems to, either...

And it's all beside the point. I regret letting him push a recruiting conversation this far afield. (That nonsense about Harsin and next G5 coach... lol wut)

Certainly the 2010 team's quality beyond Cam is up for debate, though. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

UGA & bammer might well end up playing twice for the National Title. Shouldn't they have both annihilated AU this year, by your logic?

Georgia did. bammer has been a Jekyll/Hyde team all season. Not one soul saw the IB playing out like it did. 

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

Not one soul saw the IB playing out like it did. 

So maybe the coaching staff did something right in spite of losing 6 games? No, that's not possible...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

No, for your analogy to work, that needs to be Derek Mason. Because while Chizik isn't the one who was head coach when the freshmen from 2010 finished playing at Auburn, the offensive coordinator still was. Chizik was a defensive coach, Harsin is an offensive coach, so the opposite coordinator would be the parallel.

But don't let me get in the way of you bashing our coach.

My point was simply to say Chiz & Harsin may have the same fate, which is getting bounced after a horrific season.

Don’t worry…you’re not in my way. Mark my words… We will have a new HC by January 2024.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

So maybe the coaching staff did something right in spite of losing 6 games? No, that's not possible...

Blind squirrel… 

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

I said 9-11 wins reg season. For sure bammer beats us. I would say AU would have been the favorite in every other game with Trotter. As stated, LSU would have been tough to win, but the home team has always had magic in that series. ARK another tough one, but again, was at JH.

We had four really good WRs that would have aided Trotter. Remember 3 of the 4 were gone by 2011.

Just too much Senior talent + Darvin + Fairley on that team to only win 7-8 games.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

And it's all beside the point. I regret letting him push a recruiting conversation this far afield. (That nonsense about Harsin and next G5 coach... lol wut)

Certainly the 2010 team's quality beyond Cam is up for debate, though. 

Sorry you can’t handle the tough ones chief.

NEXT!

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Viper said:

It’s 2 more than Harsin won this season with a lot more talent.

Are *you* sure another “2012” isn’t right around the corner?

Yes, I and many other posters on this forum know beyond a reasonable doubt that another 2012 is not around the corner.  If you can't see the difference between Chizik and Harsin just from Harsin's pressers then I don't know what to tell you.

The only way another 2012 happens is if Harsin gets fired prematurely and the PTB force the AD into hiring a lame duck SEC re-tread ala Mike Bobo this year.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

My point was simply to say Chiz & Harsin may have the same fate, which is getting bounced after a horrific season.

Don’t worry…you’re not in my way. Mark my words… We will have a new HC by January 2024.

Mark my words... you fall into the category of fans that definitely don't know.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Uh, I'm not sure you're getting the point. You said without Cam, they win a max of 8 games. But you take away all but one of the major pieces of that team, and they still won 8 games the next year. So, in essence, you are suggesting that Cam was the only player from the 2010 team that wasn't better than his replacement a year later. I'm sorry, I just can't see that, which is why I asked if perhaps you weren't buying too much into bammer propaganda. If, after considering it, you don't think them constantly saying Cam was all we had in 2010 shaded your view somewhat in retrospect, then okay, I'll accept it, but it's not being little brother, it's being in such close proximity and having to hear it constantly that does it.

This guy just claimed we'd have a new coach by 2024, after a terrible take like that and the other terrible takes he has had in this thread, his opinions should not be taking seriously by any reasonable Auburn fan.  I'd cease trying to talk sense to someone so clearly lacking it.

• Facepalm 1

30 minutes ago, Didba said:

Yes, I and many other posters on this forum know beyond a reasonable doubt that another 2012 is not around the corner.  If you can't see the difference between Chizik and Harsin just from Harsin's pressers then I don't know what to tell you.

The only way another 2012 happens is if Harsin gets fired prematurely and the PTB force the AD into hiring a lame duck SEC re-tread ala Mike Bobo this year.

Dude, it's Viper. Just scroll past his posts, I've made the recent mistake of engaging with him and I can say that it's not worth it. I can only assume he's still here because he hasn't blatantly violated some rule.

I'll give him a little credit though, he's a masterful troll.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, selias said:

I can only assume he's still here because he hasn't blatantly violated some rule.

Well you see what had happened was...

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, selias said:

Dude, it's Viper. Just scroll past his posts, I've made the recent mistake of engaging with him and I can say that it's not worth it. I can only assume he's still here because he hasn't blatantly violated some rule.

I'll give him a little credit though, he's a masterful troll.

Well in my defense, He is one that I haven't come across yet or at least his posts that I have seen have not been so egregious for me to take note up until this point but your point is duly noted for the future.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Didba said:

Never compared their coaching styles.

Pressers don’t win games.

I’ll continue to say it. Harsin doesn’t have the name recognition to recruit against his competition. Sure, there will always be kids that want to play for AU and a few blue chips will be won over by Harsin and staff, but the current HCs at our 3 main rivals will annihilate him for the top blue chips.

That happens when your RB coach has more clout than you.

We are going into an Indy race driving a pinto. We are getting left behind. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

4 hours ago, Didba said:

Mark my words... you fall into the category of fans that definitely don't know.

After he gets boat-raced for 3 cycles by dink, kirbs & now Kelly, throw in Kiffin & Napier, he’ll be back in the NW by Jan 2024.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Didba said:

This guy just claimed we'd have a new coach by 2024, after a terrible take like that and the other terrible takes he has had in this thread, his opinions should not be taking seriously by any reasonable Auburn fan.  I'd cease trying to talk sense to someone so clearly lacking it.

Was my other terrible take that Nix was gone after his 11/29 interview? 

• Facepalm 1