Big Kat has words about AU

WFE12

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Here you go my brother 

DC073DAA-0FE8-43E2-805A-3C37EF04908C.jpeg

I actually went to urban dictionary and didn't see something.  Damn it, I can't even use the ******* internet right

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I actually went to urban dictionary and didn't see something.  Damn it, I can't even use the ******* internet right

The university of rice actually has a database for things like this 

to cap/kap etc it is a term derived all the way back from the 1940s lol don’t ask me how I know this 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

You really don’t think they strongly influenced Bo? It just seems too convenient 

Nope never did how many times did you hear Gus say Bo is going to lead us to championship ........Bo was destined one to be a starting QB at Auburn. It was Gus call all the way. PTB have a lot of influence in certain areas but not who is going to start at AU even with Gus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

The university of rice actually has a database for things like this 

to cap/kap etc it is a term derived all the way back from the 1940s lol don’t ask me how I know this 

Cap actually means lie(no cap, etc).https://thisinterestsme.com/blue-cap-emoji/

Pretty sure the guys said Big Kap, because "Big Kat's" made up name is spelled with a K, and he was full of shiz/lying/capping .The Big Kap definition you posted from urban dictionary literally had one upvote on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Also, lmao at Proud Tiger down voting the explanation of a slang.

I'm sure he's a "Speak the King's English" type of guy

Proud Tiger hands out down votes like he's getting paid for it. To those he has disagreed with politically. No cap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mb711 said:

Cap actually means lie(no cap, etc).https://thisinterestsme.com/blue-cap-emoji/

Pretty sure the guys said Big Kap, because "Big Kat's" made up name is spelled with a K, and he was full of shiz/lying/capping .The Big Kap definition you posted from urban dictionary literally had one upvote on it.

False . It can be placed with a C or K. Next time read all of my posts. The noun word cap actually comes from Kaput. Again referencing rice university neologism. But sure I will go off the janky source you have with a guy with his own personal Gmail as the source . Good job big guy. Intentional or not , this guy play of words actually works. Funny none the less

3F4F3438-7D5E-4B28-AF13-7F8E559C55A6.jpeg

Edited by DAG

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

False . It can be placed with a C or K. Next time read all of my posts. The noun word cap actually comes from Kaput. Again referencing rice university neologism. But sure I will go off the janky source you have with a guy with his own personal Gmail as the source . Good job big guy.

3F4F3438-7D5E-4B28-AF13-7F8E559C55A6.jpeg

What do you think the cap emoji typically means? What do you think the typical version of someone saying  cap or no cap means.

4 minutes ago, mb711 said:

What do you think the cap emoji typically means? What do you think the typical version of someone saying  cap or no cap means.

I know what the damn emoji means . I am saying saying cap or kap is not actually wrong. Just because future made into a baseball cap 🧢 doesn’t mean the actually writing of Kap is wrong , you get that right ? You really want to have an argument over this? I legit posted a definition with a viable source of this for you. Some of you guys have way too much damn time on your hands. 

EC3310AF-78DB-4CCD-8A58-7B768F2F2173.jpeg

Edited by DAG

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I know what the damn emoji means . I am saying saying cap or kap is not actually wrong. Just because future made into a baseball cap 🧢 doesn’t mean the actually writing of Kap is wrong , you get that right ? You really want to have an argument over this? I legit posted a definition with a viable source of this for you. Some of you guys have way too much damn time on your hands. 

EC3310AF-78DB-4CCD-8A58-7B768F2F2173.jpeg

There's no real argument over this unless you still think the players were saying they thought Bryant was "just kidding" because you posted that(per your urban dictionary link of big kap). I believe they were saying he was full of it and lying, no cap

8 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I very much regret smoking weed as a teenager. I wish I understood how harmful it was at the time. A lot of things you are talking about have been true in my experience, and have been true of other people I grew up with. I'm not discounting the dangers of alcohol, obviously. It's just that marijuana is so potent today, that I believe its more difficult to manage than recreational alcohol use. Most teenagers can handle a beer or two just fine. Taking two hits from a joint with today's MJ can put someone into a state of semi-psychosis. 

edited just to say that I didn't post this to involve myself or comment on the discussion you and Cole are having at all. I'm just interested in this aspect of what you are talking about, and you seem to be well educated on the topic. 

Barnacle,  I appreciate you sharing, we are pretty much the same, we just chose different drugs to escape.  I wish I had received help, as my drinking just got worse, but what is a kid to do, drinking and athletics were all I found joy in.   I was able to curb my drinking during the week, enough to graduate top in my class.   But drinking didn't stop, and now I pay for that, like any long-term drug users, with lower serotonin levels which won't ever return to "normal".  

In my profession, I treat athletes with a multitude of injuries/illnesses.  The suicide of one of my patients, a fantastic kid and athlete, led me to becoming more educated on how the developing brain is effected by drugs, which led me down the path of the effects of THC on the developing brain.  It is accepted unquestionably that it is a harmless drug, which just isn't the truth.  I don't give a damn what adults do, but I do care about young folks who don't know any better, damaging their brain before their life really begins.   Again thank you for sharing.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, mb711 said:

There's no real argument over this unless you still think the players were saying they thought Bryant was "just kidding" because you posted that(per your urban dictionary link of big kap). I believe they were saying he was full of it and lying, no cap

What the hell? I don’t give a damn about that . My point is Kap works and that makes it even better. It is a great play of words. Is that what you wanted to hear me say? I said he was full of it in my very first post . What a waste of time. 

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus never showed up to player workouts in the summer. Not once. Didn’t step in the weight room at all in 4 years. Not once to check. 

You sure about this?  I heard he ate, slept, breathed football.  Mikey isn't going to be happy about this.

5 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Waiting for @Mikeyto confirm or deny...

Asking for some at least semi-reputable source would be more like it. When somebody on a hate-filled mission posts things that seem improbable but support their hatred I always reach for my grain of salt.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, USATiger said:

You sure about this?  I heard he ate, slept, breathed football.  Mikey isn't going to be happy about this.

Mikey isn't going to be believing this.

Now, about all this "Bo played because of...(fill in favorite reason)" stuff. Bo was voted SEC Freshman of the Year. It's not like he was put out there and played poorly. Were Gatewood better, he'd have been higher than 3rd string at Ky. I was watching UK one game and when their starting QB got banged up a true freshman was brought in instead of Gatewood. JG was in his third year of college ball at the time but was riding the pine behind a true freshman. Yet he would have done big stuff at AU had he been given a chance? Nonsense.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 7:35 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's going to be so fun to watch. T-Will won't have Steele or Rotney there to coach for him. The guy couldn't break down film with Harsin on his interview. Not even the basic / fundamental things. 

I've done more than a fair share of employment interviews in my time. Sometimes it was me and the applicant in the room, sometimes I'd have a trusted assistant in there too. Interview proceedings are held very confidential, whether in the corporate or governmental world. They are not discussed outside of the room except on a Need to Know basis. Written documentation of the interview is normally kept in a locked, secure place.

So, is our new head coach/CEO a total failure at keeping confidential things confidential, is one of his top assistants an irresponsible blabbermouth who has since been fired, or is this just a rumor that someone who doesn't like T-Will has spread around?

The idea that a football coach at the SEC level with years of experience can't break down film is very, very strange.  T-Will was hired at Miami before the UCF job came open. They didn't care if he didn't know the basic/fundamental things? That doesn't ring true either.

• Like 3

It crazy how ever little thing Gus doesn’t do its being nit picked. If he didn’t take an ice break he would probably deemed to be not a team player. Unless he is Charlie Strong or some type of coach that’s into fitness. What really is the purpose of him being there. Now if he was absent from practice that would be something different. No matter what it seems Gus name will continue to be brought up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cbo said:

Proud Tiger hands out down votes like he's getting paid for it. To those he has disagreed with politically. No cap. 

just for the record proud and i have had some epic battles in politics. i mean some really hardcore ones and he still gives an occasional like to me. several in fact.  and that is fact. and proud and i agree on little but our love for auburn. i just wanted to be fair and put that out there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

I've done more than a fair share of employment interviews in my time. Sometimes it was me and the applicant in the room, sometimes I'd have a trusted assistant in there too. Interview proceedings are held very confidential, whether in the corporate or governmental world. They are not discussed outside of the room except on a Need to Know basis. Written documentation of the interview is normally kept in a locked, secure place.

So, is our new head coach/CEO a total failure at keeping confidential things confidential, is one of his top assistants an irresponsible blabbermouth who has since been fired, or is this just a rumor that someone who doesn't like T-Will has spread around?

The idea that a football coach at the SEC level with years of experience can't break down film is very, very strange.  T-Will was hired at Miami before the UCF job came open. They didn't care if he didn't know the basic/fundamental things? That doesn't ring true either.

people who do not like someone will go out of their way to be negative. i doubt harsin threw twill under the bus. people however are nosy and i imagine harsin might have had to justify why he did not make the pick because t was loved by a lot of folks. and with green gone figuratively and this colonel handling things it could be anyone running their mouth. the feds were hardcore about blabbing while people get hired or fired but it would still get out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Nope never did how many times did you hear Gus say Bo is going to lead us to championship ........Bo was destined one to be a starting QB at Auburn. It was Gus call all the way. PTB have a lot of influence in certain areas but not who is going to start at AU even with Gus.

i agree. i have read at least twice folks stating gus and bo were really really close. i am betting that had a lot to do with it.

To finish off my thoughts the other things that took place to help Bo is the stereotypes mentioned earlier. Any other time a dual threat or athletic QB on this board had little time to prove he can throw. 

The trope is always been like it's a video game if you can run then that means you can't throw. It has usually been that black QB's aren't accurate and can't handle a play book.

So automatically it was said that Bo's competition couldn't throw and all of the things mentioned earlier. Didn't matter that we saw them or not. I remember having a pretty intenseargument about how Willis should be moved to running back....it's what always take place. 

Then Bo comes, imo he was the perfect QB to show how the stuff takes place. He was able to avoid all of the hardships many have endured so long and walk unscathed from all of that.

So once again add that with the other stuff....yeah you can scoff how race plays no part of anything at Auburn......but there's much more evidence on the side something is fishy as opposed to blindly saying nuh uh everything was on the up and up.

And this doesn't have anything to do with Gus, it really raise eyebrows on how things are plugged in and people hear an idea and run with it. And how it's bigger than what some can see.

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Now, about all this "Bo played because of...(fill in favorite reason)" stuff. Bo was voted SEC Freshman of the Year. It's not like he was put out there and played poorly. Were Gatewood better, he'd have been higher than 3rd string at Ky. I was watching UK one game and when their starting QB got banged up a true freshman was brought in instead of Gatewood. JG was in his third year of college ball at the time but was riding the pine behind a true freshman. Yet he would have done big stuff at AU had he been given a chance? Nonsense.

The argument or complaint isn't that Gatewood should have been starting over Bo. Its that Gatewood never got a shot. And the proof of that position is the games where Bo struggled greatly and still the backup QB never got a chance to play. Its my opinion that in general Gus did not know how to handle the QB position. But while he struggled with starting QBs he absolutely sh** the bed when it came to having a prepared backup QB. I would love to be able to give Gus a couple of doses of honest pills and ask him why he never let the backup QB run the full offense. 

• Thanks 1