Trouble?

AU-24

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/demetris-robertson-auburn-fall-camp-tigers-football-report-preseason-practices-2021-schedule-wide-receiver-depth-chart-cornelius-williams-168765152/Amp/

Auburn's newest offensive weapon is not yet on campus.

Demetris Robertson, a transfer from Georgia, is still "finishing a few things up" with his academics at UGA and did not report to Auburn on Thursday, head coach Bryan Harsin told reporters.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/demetris-robertson-auburn-fall-camp-tigers-football-report-preseason-practices-2021-schedule-wide-receiver-depth-chart-cornelius-williams-168765152/Amp/

Auburn's newest offensive weapon is not yet on campus.

Demetris Robertson, a transfer from Georgia, is still "finishing a few things up" with his academics at UGA and did not report to Auburn on Thursday, head coach Bryan Harsin told reporters.

13 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Well this thread didn't last long🤣

• Like 1

Because it’s not a big deal.

4 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Well this thread didn't last long🤣

• Like 2

Should we expect Robertson to be ready to start or even contribute by week 1? No question about his skill set, but I worry about if he'll be able to get chemistry, learn the playbook, conditioning, etc. Especially when the other WR's went through spring and also player led practices with Bo and TJ all summer. I'm probably overthinking it but I'm not gonna get my hopes up or even worry about it. We have a lot of young guys that are hungry to step up

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

Should we expect Robertson to be ready to start or even contribute by week 1? No question about his skill set, but I worry about if he'll be able to get chemistry, learn the playbook, conditioning, etc. Especially when the other WR's went through spring and also player led practices with Bo and TJ all summer. I'm probably overthinking it but I'm not gonna get my hopes up or even worry about it. We have a lot of young guys that are hungry to step up

I don't believe Coach Harsin is a man that contradict's himself often.  I believe our new head coach has the same expectations for every player, and isn't going to sacrifice 8 months team chemistry, by lowering expectations for one kid.  If that were the case, most of those guys that transferred would still be at Auburn.  Robinson will play only when he has earned it, I am confident of that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, au302 said:

I would say don't worry about it. Robertson has as much to lose as anybody if he shows up unprepared. After all, this is his last chance to impress the PTB at the next level.

• Like 1

thanks for posting 24. i appreciate the effort to keep us informed. i will fully admit i thought the kid was already here and in life i have found anything can happen.

59 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I saw the thread title and opened, then I saw the poster of the thread.   Then I laughed. The end.

I immediately thought Fifty was doing a Golf/Bird joke, then I saw the OP, then I clicked in to see in what ways people are making fun of him. No clue what this thread is actually about and don't care. Now, over to the "End of College Football" thread. Lordy, we got some big winners around here.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I immediately thought Fifty was doing a Golf/Bird joke, then I saw the OP, then I clicked in to see in what ways people are making fun of him. No clue what this thread is actually about and don't care. Now, over to the "End of College Football" thread. Lordy, we got some big winners around here.

I can't imagine any other poster that is "secretly" 😂 hoping for us to do bad. On the field, in recruiting, administratively. And I whole heartily believe that. Not trolling at all

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

i was just supporting 24 because we seem to discourage people from posting on here and i do not agree with it. and a lot of folks bitching never post articles. but this is not my thread and not fussing but how did you come to that conclusion? i just thanked the kid is all?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The thread title makes no sense.  What Trouble?  Why is it in quotes?

Google tells me UGA's extended Summer Session has Final Exams yesterday and today.  So it's pretty clear he's finishing up his summer class.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i was just supporting 24 because we seem to discourage people from posting on here and i do not agree with it. and a lot of folks bitching never post articles. but this is not my thread and not fussing but how did you come to that conclusion? i just thanked the kid is all?

I didn't read anything you posted in here. In the past you have started joke threads with intentionally misleading titles to poke at Golf, Bird, maybe others. That's what I was referencing.

Yes, the majority will eventually encourage certain posters to quit posting dumb things after they've established a track record of posting dumb without much, if any, corresponding content of value. For example, you and I post lots of dumb stuff, but we also post some stuff that people don't find as dumb. So they put up with us. But certain other folks almost always find themselves on the wrong side of the conversation. So when they lead with garbage, folks will be quicker to acknowledge that it smells bad. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I didn't read anything you posted in here. In the past you have started joke threads with intentionally misleading titles to poke at Golf, Bird, maybe others. That's what I was referencing.

Yes, the majority will eventually encourage certain posters to quit posting dumb things after they've established a track record of posting dumb without much, if any, corresponding content of value. For example, you and I post lots of dumb stuff, but we also post some stuff that people don't find as dumb. So they put up with us. But certain other folks almost always find themselves on the wrong side of the conversation. So when they lead with garbage, folks will be quicker to acknowledge that it smells bad. 

i am guilty as charged. i love a good troll. i had a couple of real good ones and asked the admins but was shot down. and looking back they were probably right. this is why i try to post a few articles as a form of giving back for real. i just love to joke and cut up. sometimes i think this board gets too serious with myself included. i actually have a real pic of golf i will show people in private for ten bucks but be warned it is an old tintype. grins

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

sometimes i think this board gets too serious with myself included.

Big flaw in my entire online footprint, but especially here. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Big flaw in my entire online footprint, but especially here. 

i still enjoy your posts because they seem well thought out. i try to achieve that but old age keeps me confused some. but you are one of my favorite posters and you always seem to be fair. take a bow sir.

• Thanks 1