sean jackson

aubiefifty

On 8/6/2021 at 9:48 AM, W.E.D said:

It's confusing b/c JBoy tweets and retweets himself constantly....so he probably did both

Easily one of the least comprehensible sports profiles you’ll ever see 

Almost as infuriating as the digging up a month old tweet, RTing, then tagging like 5 obscure accounts that correlate with that sports entity. Which wouldn’t be a problem if Twitter didn’t feel the need to put it in my face

Walk-on running back looks to make some noise at Auburn

VIP ByJASON CALDWELL 113 minutes ago

WATCH: Auburn's Bo Nix and QB's throwing to tight ends

luke-deal-preseason.jpg

AUBURN, Alabama–There are walk-ons who are just living out a dream of trying to suit up for a major college team and there are walk-ons who somehow got lost in the crowd and show up on campus with a legit chance to make an impact before their time is done. Count Auburn freshman running back Sean Jackson in the second category, according to his high school coach, Josh Floyd.

“I think he is definitely one of those guys that got hurt by the pandemic and the changing landscape of college football with the transfer portal,” Floyd told Inside the Auburn Tigers. “Sean had some Division I offers early on and like everybody he didn’t really know what was going on. A lot of teams wanted him to come to camp and they wanted to see him run and obviously that didn’t happen.”

A 5-9, 236 true freshman, who ran for 1,071 yards and 10 touchdowns last season and averaged a hefty 10.1 yards per carry while splitting time with longtime Auburn commitment and later LSU signee Armani Goodwin, Jackson had the opportunity to play as a scholarship player at several places, but always felt like he was an SEC player, his coach points out.

Now he has got that chance at Auburn in a running back room short on proven depth behind Tank Bigsby and Shaun Shivers. With the competition for the third spot thought to be between true freshman Jarquez Hunter and transfer Jordon Ingram, Floyd said don’t count his guy out until you see him play.

“He is a big, strong, powerful back and was one of the better receivers we had," the coach pointed out. "I think it’s absolutely crazy that he wasn’t able to sign with somebody. It was one of those that didn’t make a lot of sense. We have sent a lot of guys out to colleges the last several years and he’s one of the best players we have ever had come through our program.”

As for the fit at Auburn where they don’t have a ton of depth? Floyd thinks it’s a great spot to be for the former Husky.

“I think that was definitely part of it for him,” Floyd said of the opportunity at Auburn. “It was trying to find the best fit. The running back room there is not huge. There were some other places and even some other SEC schools that really liked him. They had a little more depth at the position and obviously it’s not too far away from his home. There were a lot of positives for him in that decision. I have no doubt he’s going to do a great job. I totally believe in Sean and what he can do.”

One of the reasons why Floyd said he believes Jackson has an opportunity to eventually get on the field for the Tigers is his ability to make plays out of the backfield as a receiver. As a senior he caught 26 passes for 339 yards and four touchdowns and in three seasons he compiled 73 total catches, a big number for a high school running back.

31COMMENTS

“That gives him a big advantage coming into the college game,” Floyd said. “It’s obviously something you see at the college level more than our level. He was one of our best receivers on the team and has great hands. I think the fact that he has done it a lot in game situations helps prepare him for the next level. Everybody loves a running back who can catch. That is something he definitely brings to the table.”

10519920.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320 Sean Jackson is hoping to leave his mark as a walk-on for the Tigers. (Photo: Jason Caldwell/Inside The Auburn Tigers, 247Sports)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2021 at 9:48 AM, W.E.D said:

It's confusing b/c JBoy tweets and retweets himself constantly....so he probably did both

He gonna pass himself on Twitter if he ain’t careful..

45 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

This is our walk-on, he looks like the real deal. ;D 

RB SEAN JACKSON

Sean Jackson.jpg

At 5'9", 235 his build reminds me of Rudy Johnson.  He was a decent runner from what I remember 😉 

• Like 1

The hype is real! This is a true live video game “my player “ story. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

This is our walk-on, he looks like the real deal. ;D 

RB SEAN JACKSON

Sean Jackson.jpg

That is one slim looking 5'9" 240lb man!! Him and Ingram can fight it out for "BIG" back role. A team can never have enough battering rams. And i have a feeling the runners that get North and South quickly will thrive under the Harsin/Bobo offense. At least i hope so :)

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 8:04 PM, Quietmaninthecorner said:

If his profile is to be believed,  he is Rudi Johnson size and speed!

After watching the video, I thought of Rudi Johnson. Not so much size and speed, but the way he lumbers and has a strong center of gravity. I have to say, the line in that video was pretty good also.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I'll never forget the NFL draft day assessment of Rudi, it went something like "Bowling ball of a back who brings it on every down. Should be a quality back-up". They got the first half right.....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

Let’s hear it

Ok cool. So it's like my Jr year in high school (maybe even earlier than that) and I get to go visit Auburn. So a guy I know from back home named Roy is at Auburn and I link up with him. He takes me everywhere and introduces me to a bunch of people. 

I played basketball in the ACT all that week and I make a little name for myself and I meet a bunch of people just from hooping. 

I tell one guy I plan to major in engineering so they take me to meet they guy over nsbe (national society of black engineer) his name was Dr weatherby. Anyway while there I see this BEAUTIFUL girl. I didn't think nothing of it really because clearly she's out ofmy league. She had introduced herself to me but that's no big deal.

Anyway it just so happens the next day when I'm walking out of Roy's apartment without a shirt going to the car because I was heading to the ACT, when I open the door there she is. I'm shocked, tripped over my own feet fell right in front of her! I get up tell her I'm sorry make a joke and leave.

When Roy get to the gym he says that she keeps asking about me and she thinks I'm cute. I think he's lying, but ok. The day after that I see her at chik fil a on the concourse. I talk to her a bit but I'm still not thinking nothing of it. 

At the gym a day or two after that Stanford Simmons, I think everybody called him whip, he's a safety that played for Auburn, he comes to me and says I better leave, I'm like why? It turns out the girl I've been talking about is Rudi's girl. And it's being said that she's cheating on him with me!

I run my ass out of the gym pronto 🏃🏿 lol. But to make it worse there was this apartment complex where there was a huge pool party that weekend. I'm there having the time of my life and he walks in with a few players. I almost have a heart attack! I run away before even telling everybody I was out. I literally walk home because I was so scared 😂. I had got cool with some of the football players and I had rode there with them. When everybody eventually found out how I ran away they laughed and laughed and laughed. People back home found out, and of course the story for exaggerated people saying I ran back to Florence and stuff. It's funny now, but I was so scared lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Ok cool. So it's like my Jr year in high school (maybe even earlier than that) and I get to go visit Auburn. So a guy I know from back home named Roy is at Auburn and I link up with him. He takes me everywhere and introduces me to a bunch of people. 

I played basketball in the ACT all that week and I make a little name for myself and I meet a bunch of people just from hooping. 

I tell one guy I plan to major in engineering so they take me to meet they guy over nsbe (national society of black engineer) his name was Dr weatherby. Anyway while there I see this BEAUTIFUL girl. I didn't think nothing of it really because clearly she's out ofmy league. She had introduced herself to me but that's no big deal.

Anyway it just so happens the next day when I'm walking out of Roy's apartment without a shirt going to the car because I was heading to the ACT, when I open the door there she is. I'm shocked, tripped over my own feet fell right in front of her! I get up tell her I'm sorry make a joke and leave.

When Roy get to the gym he says that she keeps asking about me and she thinks I'm cute. I think he's lying, but ok. The day after that I see her at chik fil a on the concourse. I talk to her a bit but I'm still not thinking nothing of it. 

At the gym a day or two after that Stanford Simmons, I think everybody called him whip, he's a safety that played for Auburn, he comes to me and says I better leave, I'm like why? It turns out the girl I've been talking about is Rudi's girl. And it's being said that she's cheating on him with me!

I run my ass out of the gym pronto 🏃🏿 lol. But to make it worse there was this apartment complex where there was a huge pool party that weekend. I'm there having the time of my life and he walks in with a few players. I almost have a heart attack! I run away before even telling everybody I was out. I literally walk home because I was so scared 😂. I had got cool with some of the football players and I had rode there with them. When everybody eventually found out how I ran away they laughed and laughed and laughed. People back home found out, and of course the story for exaggerated people saying I ran back to Florence and stuff. It's funny now, but I was so scared lol

Funny you should mention this... i ran into Rudy the other day. He's looking for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Awesome story. And I would have done the same thing. Both times. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 10:54 AM, auburnphan said:

True story 

I love JBoy, but had to quit following him on Twitter because he dominates the feed.

• Like 2