What TV channel for the Akron game?

eagle12

On 8/31/2021 at 12:12 PM, dmbseeker00 said:

Honestly it appears to me that you must be a subscriber of ESPN + to see this game. I get espn through a cable provider, and every game in previous seasons(that was a steaming game), it has either showed ESPN 3 or SECN+ next to the game and time, in the ESPN app.

This game vs Akron, however,  clearly shows ESPN+ only. The good news though,  I do see that the halftime band performance, will be made available on SECN+, for those that do not subscribe to the ESPN+ service.....no joke!

So bottom line, must pay separately for ESPN+ to see the game, cannot use your cable subscription login, like I have always done in the past. Oh well, this makes my weekend  so much easier to plan around now; thanks ESPN.

Screenshot_20210831-121022_ESPN.jpg

Screenshot_20210831-121123_ESPN.jpg

I am also not seeing Auburn vs Akron as an SEC+ game on my ESPN app. Hopefully this will appear before kickoff!
(note  that I have confirmed that I get SEC+ content via the ESPN app, but only the halftime show is currently listed for SEC+)

On 8/31/2021 at 3:21 PM, toddc said:

Free article and complete guidelines for streaming games.

Here it again for those still 🤨  

On 8/31/2021 at 3:21 PM, toddc said:

Free article and complete guidelines for streaming games.

And again 

i guess i will watch a replay i just hope it is not cut for time constraints. also thursday night is ucf and boise. that is almost a must watch.

I downloaded the ESPN app, signed in with my YouTube TV credentials and I should be good to go. Because I get access to SEC Network+ via my subscription, I should have access to the streaming content and hence the live game. Because it is not on a standard, allotted network slot, regardless of your TV subscription, you will have to watch SEC Network+ via the ESPN app on a smart device (phone, tablet, Roku, Fire TV, Google TV with Chromecast, Apple TV) or on WatchESPN via a web browser where you have signed in with your TV subscription credentials (Cable TV, YouTubeTV, Hulu Live, Fubo, Sling, etc.

image.png.0730dad25c65d41e2916725e116075c1.png

Edited by JTFazz

Ok, as of this morning the Auburn vs Akron game is now listed as an option in the ESPN app. Yesterday, this option was not listed, just the halftime show.

To summarize, if you have a provider that includes the SEC Network in your subscription, you can enter this provider in the ESPN app on your smart TV, Fire Stick, Roku, whatever has the app and search for Auburn or by the SEC+ network option and the football game appears.

• Like 2

I believe ESPN+ is a totally different subscription.  Downloading the ESPN app isn't enough FYI.  If you want to watch it, you can buy the Disney+, ESPN+, and HULU bundle for a discounted price.  That is what I did so my parents can watch it while I am at the game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I believe ESPN+ is a totally different subscription.  Downloading the ESPN app isn't enough FYI.  If you want to watch it, you can buy the Disney+, ESPN+, and HULU bundle for a discounted price.  That is what I did so my parents can watch it while I am at the game.

I've had this for over a two years also National Geographic comes with the bundle which I love...win win for me. With streaming espn+ you can get almost any game/type sports you want

Well worth the money imo

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I've had this for over a two years also National Geographic comes with the bundle which I love...win win for me. With streaming espn+ you can get almost any game/type sports you want

Well worth the money imo

Originally I just wanted Disney+ so I could watch the Mandalorian.  :Sing:  And then I believe our Spring game was only being aired on ESPN+ so I just went ahead and paid for a the full bundle for one year to get the discount.  It is helpful, although I am surprised it won't be on one of the SEC Network channels.  They have always made it work the past few years so I don't know why it won't work now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This is what Justin lee said a few days ago unless something changed: 

Auburn’s season opener against Akron will not be on traditional television — and will instead only be available for streaming through SEC Network+ or ESPN+. It’s the first time since 2008 that Auburn football’s season opener hasn’t been featured on traditional television.

Fans who have streamed through SEC Network+ in the past, to watch Auburn men’s basketball or other Tiger sports, should be all set for Saturday. Those who haven’t have until kickoff to make sure they’ll be able to watch.

• Like 1

And if you have YouTube tv or something like that, that supports sec network+ you should be good. On the everything you need to know on the auburn website it lists the game on sec network +

On 9/2/2021 at 8:31 AM, CMRVHS said:

Ok, as of this morning the Auburn vs Akron game is now listed as an option in the ESPN app. Yesterday, this option was not listed, just the halftime show.

To summarize, if you have a provider that includes the SEC Network in your subscription, you can enter this provider in the ESPN app on your smart TV, Fire Stick, Roku, whatever has the app and search for Auburn or by the SEC+ network option and the football game appears.

Just tried this today- if you have a tv provider that has SEC as a network you can get SEC+ without having to pay for ESPN+. Just sign into the ESPN app with your TV provider and you are all set!

On 8/29/2021 at 6:04 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

Us and Arkansas are the only two teams that didn’t get a tv slot. Even Ms St vs LA tech is on tv. When Texas and Oklahoma join, I think it’s going to be worse. 

I hope when they join we quit this crap . Play Akron for the spring game . We should never play a team that’s a 50 point underdog . It’s shameful . If we want to help them then help some other way. The other conferences in the P5 don’t play teams like Akron’s . SMH

42 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I hope when they join we quit this crap . Play Akron for the spring game . We should never play a team that’s a 50 point underdog . It’s shameful . If we want to help them then help some other way. The other conferences in the P5 don’t play teams like Akron’s . SMH

Every other P5 is playing a school like Akron. It just so happens Akron is extra terrible this year. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I hope when they join we quit this crap . Play Akron for the spring game . We should never play a team that’s a 50 point underdog . It’s shameful . If we want to help them then help some other way. The other conferences in the P5 don’t play teams like Akron’s 

2 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Every other P5 is playing a school like Akron. It just so happens Akron is extra terrible this year. 

Yea Akron beat the crap out of Bowling Green last year. 

Auburn football is perennially one of the highest rated in-person AND remote-viewing draws in college football. Having the first game of a new Auburn era - REGARDLESS of opponent - on "stream-only" means either Auburn in-house promo dropped the ball in a major way OR somebody's getting a kickback. Dye (wake forest!), tator tot, tuberville, chizik and Malzahn ALL had impressive first game TV ratings against mediocre competition.  ESPN +? SEC Network +? Bullcrap.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2021 at 2:00 PM, ValleyTiger said:

This is tiresome.....

from the ESPN press room:

Seventeen games will be streamed live on ESPN+ in week 1, including multiple games from the American Athletic Conference, Big 12 and Sun Belt, among other conferences. Ranked teams in action include No. 7 Iowa State, No. 8 Cincinnati and No. 22 Coastal Carolina. As part of the SEC’s new agreement with ESPN, ESPN+ will also feature SEC games for the first time with Arkansas, Auburn, South Carolina and Vanderbilt each playing a non-conference opponent on the platforms in week 1 (games will also be available on SECN+). In all, ESPN+ will feature more than 150 total FBS games throughout the 2021-22 season.

LINK

*DISCLAIMER DO NOT APPLY THIS TO CURRENT CONVERSATION ABOUT HOW TO WATCH THE GAME*

So this is actually a good thing IF YOU CHOOSE to cancel cable/ full services.  Now you really can watch as a $5 month service.  Something I've always wanted.  Probably only applies to football

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yep one more thing auburn is inept at. If only they could be like alabama, clemson, or ohio state and play powerhouses like Mercer, SC State, and.... Akron, respectively 

16 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Remember that time the mighty Michigan Wolverines beat poor li'l ol Appalachian State by 50 a few years back? Oh, wait.....

• Haha 1

I have YouTubeTV and have downloaded and signed in to the ESPN app.  I see the AU game but when I click on it, it asks me to sign up for ESPN+.  When I click on other games (ex. Bama), it says "This event has not started" the shows a start time and implies I will get it.  Hopefully they get it fixed before game time.