Sit Tank Bigsby?

aubiefifty

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Definitely not, he missed some holes on some reads and needs a good dozen carries.

Besides, sitting players because it should be an easy win does not seem to fit Coach Harsin's mind set or where he wants his teams head to be either.

Still the highest graded RB in the country per PFF. Must not have missed too many. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

It is a terrible idea and it would be a complete 180 to what CBH preaches. He needs to get his sea legs under him, continue to progress in the offense and gain traction with his blockers. Do any of the best coaches of college football not let their best players suit up, even in games like this? Do people really think NS is going to tell Bryce not to suit up this upcoming Saturday?

i am not a coach and i already told mikey he was probably right. i am not trying to hurt tank. but folks we are playing a bad bad team and we have a game coming up that can do a ton of wonderful things for auburn if we win. after all the jokes about gus and even about picking harsin as our coach we can make one hell of a statement. i thought the disclaimer about i am a fan and not a coach would get traction but apparently not.

Nah, let's get those easy stats for Tank. He has 881 yards left to reach 1,000 let's get another 100 minimum this week and he'll have 781 to go over the course of 10 games assuming he can stay healthy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not a coach and i already told mikey he was probably right. i am not trying to hurt tank. but folks we are playing a bad bad team and we have a game coming up that can do a ton of wonderful things for auburn if we win. after all the jokes about gus and even about picking harsin as our coach we can make one hell of a statement. i thought the disclaimer about i am a fan and not a coach would get traction but apparently not.

Why do you post articles if you are going to get offended? Most people are responding to the article not you 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

Why do you post articles if you are going to get offended? Most people are responding to the article not you 

i do not always agree with articles i post dag. what interests you i might not give two craps about. i try to be fair and post what i think folks want to read and often people think if i post an article i agree with it. that is just not true. i trusted a friend on facebook and posted something i had to delete because someone was supposedly bashing our coach and i thought people might want to know. and i have been lectured twice recently and i do not like it. disagree with it all you want but save the lectures. i still think resting tank at least some is a plus but i do not want to argue with a dozen different people about my opinion because it always gets nasty. people have a right to their opinion and that means everyone. but i have seen mikey jumped right or wrong and the arguments just keep going and going and i am not the guy to do that with. we can say our piece respectfully and move on with out all the other crap that gets involved. does this make any sense? why can we not agree to disagree and move on without it turning into something else? people should not be ridiculed for what they believe. at least not over and over. then it moves from being critical of ones opinion to being critical of that person period. it happens on here and it is a bad look to me personally. this is not the rant and i was told that a few times since i have been here but maybe it is changing. unless someone is insulting auburn or a player i am not looking to argue about anything sports. the difference with me is i will say something publicly instead of going to the mods. and yes i have complained to them if things persist but i try really hard not to do that. i hope that helps some. again i am not trying to start anything with anyone i am just expressing how i feel. i want to make friends and share my love for auburn and i hate when it turns ugly. i just want to have fun and get along.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i do not always agree with articles i post dag. what interests you i might not give two craps about. i try to be fair and post what i think folks want to read and often people think if i post an article i agree with it. that is just not true. i trusted a friend on facebook and posted something i had to delete because someone was supposedly bashing our coach and i thought people might want to know. and i have been lectured twice recently and i do not like it. disagree with it all you want but save the lectures. i still think resting tank at least some is a plus but i do not want to argue with a dozen different people about my opinion because it always gets nasty. people have a right to their opinion and that means everyone. but i have seen mikey jumped right or wrong and the arguments just keep going and going and i am not the guy to do that with. we can say our piece respectfully and move on with out all the other crap that gets involved. does this make any sense? why can we not agree to disagree and move on without it turning into something else? people should not be ridiculed for what they believe. at least not over and over. then it moves from being critical of ones opinion to being critical of that person period. it happens on here and it is a bad look to me personally. this is not the rant and i was told that a few times since i have been here but maybe it is changing. unless someone is insulting auburn or a player i am not looking to argue about anything sports. the difference with me is i will say something publicly instead of going to the mods. and yes i have complained to them if things persist but i try really hard not to do that. i hope that helps some. again i am not trying to start anything with anyone i am just expressing how i feel. i want to make friends and share my love for auburn and i hate when it turns ugly. i just want to have fun and get along.

Again IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. You legit feel like you have to defend your position based on how people respond to the article. Why? People aren’t going to you. They are going at the author of the article. So if I say “this article is dumb.” There is no need for you to get offended by that unless you wrote the article. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think it's more important to get this team into full operating mode before going into Happy Valley. You don't hinder that because of fearing an unlikely injury. If this game turns into the blowout it should be, we'll probably do the same as last week. Put the starters out there for the first series of the 2nd half and then let the reserves play. That's pretty much the norm for "easy" games across all of college football.

+1

Play scared in this league and see where it gets this team. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Again IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. You legit feel like you have to defend your position based on how people respond to the article. Why? People aren’t going to you. They are going at the author of the article. So if I say “this article is dumb.” There is no need for you to get offended by that unless you wrote the article. 

jesus dude i get that. what i hate is why did you post this article? why did you post from al.com.  i get snarky comments regularly. clickbait. why are you posting clickbait. and why act like i am stupid if i think tank should sit out a game or just play some? what if he does get hurt? did we not lose to a team we should have and could have won with gus because he ran the kid that went to the lions was worn out and injured? i also am not going to let someone get a free pass if they think my opinion sucks and get smart about it. if it is not constructive i do not want to hear it. again i am not aiming all this at you but i am telling how i feel.

8 minutes ago, keesler said:

+1

Play scared in this league and see where it gets this team. 

i am not saying play scared. that is an insult to auburn. we can be smarter about it. that was my point.

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

jesus dude i get that. what i hate is why did you post this article? why did you post from al.com.  i get snarky comments regularly. clickbait. why are you posting clickbait. and why act like i am stupid if i think tank should sit out a game or just play some? what if he does get hurt? did we not lose to a team we should have and could have won with gus because he ran the kid that went to the lions was worn out and injured? i also am not going to let someone get a free pass if they think my opinion sucks and get smart about it. if it is not constructive i do not want to hear it. again i am not aiming all this at you but i am telling how i feel.

And this is why I won’t be waste my time posting in anymore threads that you have linked articles . Not worth the headache tbh 

I get the idea, but the guy literally has one game of reps in this system. And this isn't the NFL where you just get a couple dead spots in a season (if you believe you're gonna be for sure playoffs bound) to rest someone. 

I imagine it will also cause some bad feelings from a few guys grinding their ass off. Just a bad article...he should've positioned something like playing Tank for a quarter, or 3 drives, etc. 

Yeah... no. He should play for the first half to keep his rhythm. If we build up the solid lead that we should, I think it'd be wise to give some of the younger guys reps in the second half. Maybe take Bo out at the end of the 3rd too. 

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

No. We should pull Tank out for the rest of the game when we pull the QB and other starters out. Not one snap earlier. This team is a work in progress and they need the work.

Agreed 100 💯..Team needs to gel. Play the 1s for a half . If the lead is there take em out . We are not ready yet. We are not a good football team yet

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

If it’s bothering you this bad then let others post. Problem solved. As you know I post a lot of stuff but I vetted  them before I post because of this.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, DAG said:

And this is why I won’t be waste my time posting in anymore threads that you have linked articles . Not worth the headache tbh 

good for you buddy. you have shown your ass with mikey and others over gus so much i could care less. you got some serious issues you need to work on yourself. you gonna send me a private text next wanting me to drink some bleach or something? you have no room to talk. clean your own crap up and we will talk. besides you never post crap to help this board anyway. people come on here to have fun and not be ridiculed over and over by what they believe.

At times, I have wondered what is the best way to balance your good players in games with easier teams?? I can appreciate wanting to support the player by allowing him to pad some of his stats and also get some reps in to refine gameplay, which benefit's his resume but also the team by rotating players for experience; however, I can also appreciate the other side of the sword where you gamble with a possible injury.

29 minutes ago, AU_Canoe said:

you gamble with a possible injury.

That happens in practice every day too but it’s different. When players play not to get hurt they seem to get hurt. I get the idea but I think you play your best player in these games until you feel comfortable with the score.