* Official Auburn vs. Alabama State Game Thread *

abw0004

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

And I even forgot about the delay of game on the 1 yard line. Just a really ugly half of ball on offense. We look tighter than we did last week. They don’t look like they’re having fun like last week. 

Coaches should have called a time out there before the clock ran down.  Do we no longer have someone with the responsibility to watch the clock?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

The good thing is you can't just judge off a game. I believe we will be a lot more zoned in next week. This is a good EARLY HUMBLING EXPERIENCE for the coaching staff and players. We will see how they respond. I want 42 points in the second half

Agreed . What I want to see is some real fire this second half, especially early when the first string offense comes on the field . 

• Like 1

It’s like people have been waiting to enter meltdown mode. Are we just more comfortable there as a fan base? Yes, we played like shite that half but some of this is hilarious 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

The good thing is you can't just judge off a game. I believe we will be a lot more zoned in next week. This is a good EARLY HUMBLING EXPERIENCE for the coaching staff and players. We will see how they respond. I want 42 points in the second half

I agree, a strong 2nd half can erase short term memories of an ugly 1st. 

• Like 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

Coaches should have called a time out there before the clock ran down.  Do we no longer have someone with the responsibility to watch the clock?

Also true. Dang. Somebody call the freaking time out! Haha. 

• Like 1

Just now, wcware said:

It’s like people have been waiting to enter meltdown mode. Are we just more comfortable there as a fan base? Yes, we played like shite that half but some of this is hilarious 

It was the norm for a while because of, you know, stuff. Hard to break that mentality. Lol. 

Just now, AU_Canoe said:

I agree, a strong 2nd half can erase short term memories of an ugly 1st. 

42 point second half is what we need!

• Like 3

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Then let me rephrase it we have played a lot of bad games against crappy teams early in the morning . Does that help? 

And we've done that in the afternoon and night too.

2019 vs Tulane

2018 vs Southern Miss

2017 vs Mercer

2015 vs San Jose St

I can go on, but hopefully you see the point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Yeah, I’m not really worried about winning. I’m confident we will win. I just want to see preparedness and fire. Now that I think about it, perhaps our guys are just coasting and looking at next week?

I think so. It’s not that Alabama State is better than Akron, we just don’t seem to care about this game as much (except for our LBs who wanna take your head off regardless) 

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I think that is what you call the 3rd year starting QB

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I did say I wanted some adversity in the prediction thread...I didn't mean like this lol

Just now, W.E.D said:

I did say I wanted some adversity in the prediction thread...I didn't mean like this lol

You bought this on yourself!

• Like 1

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

And we've done that in the afternoon and night too.

2019 vs Tulane

2018 vs Southern Miss

2017 vs Mercer

2015 vs San Jose St

I can go on, but hopefully you see the point.

I will never forget that Mercer game. Never!

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

It was the norm for a while because of, you know, stuff. Hard to break that mentality. Lol. 

Some of it is obviously deserving today, but with new systems on offense and defense we will struggle with being consistent all year I suspect 

5 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Hhhmm, so Nix not getting under center until the play clock was at 3 was the fans fault?

Lots I'd ppl to blame there. Fans were one of many. 

How the hell do they not know to Stfu when we have the ball

Just now, W.E.D said:

The fans were going crazy in the redzone like whaaat..

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I think so. It’s not that Alabama State is better than Akron, we just don’t seem to care about this game as much (except for our LBs who wanna take your head off regardless) 

I love that about our LBs. McClain is a monster. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Love 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Because it was the student section

Two dropped passes and a loud student section keeping this from being a blowout. We're missing our two slot guys right now. Not even using the TE.

Second half should be much cleaner.

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

Some of it is obviously deserving today, but with new systems on offense and defense we will struggle with being consistent all year I suspect 

Yeah. That’s true. Weird to see under center stuff from our qb. 

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

Well it could be worse.  We could be losing at home like Tennessee is to Pitt.  

Pitt is a better team and program over the last 5-6 years than Tennessee.  Nothing about that score should be surprising to anyone who has paid attention.

• Like 1